Sign in to follow this  
DrVeil

IFHE for high tier german cruisers

7 comments in this topic

Players
16 posts

Hello everyone,

I am currently going through the German cruiser line and I am at tier 6. From looking at the tech tree, the ships from tier 7 have a 210 and 203 caliber. Would it be worth it to use the IFHE skill on these cruisers or it is not that good? If it's not good what else should I use my points for? I am approaching a 14 point captain. Thanks everyone.

-DrVeil.

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,372 posts
9,371 battles

Not really. German high tier HE already has a lot of pen. It can pen most things but has low damage per shell, so you want those fires. They have very good AP alpha though so you may find yourself switching shells a lot so expert loader is a must.

[MORIA]
Players
7,475 posts
37,173 battles

You'll lose a lot of fire chance. Sure, you can then pen Yam, Musashi, Izumo decks as well as Kremlin and Soyuz. But using ifhe just for that isn't effective. 

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,338 posts
6,765 battles

I wouldn't recommend IFHE on German cruisers below tier 10. On the tier 10 Hindenburg it is a possibility when you have a good understanding of the game.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,858 posts
14,121 battles
16 hours ago, DrVeil said:

If it's not good what else should I use my points for?

If you haven't found it yet, each ship entry in the wiki (https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships) includes a matrix of which captain skills are of use, and to what degree, on that ship; whilst there is sometimes some disagreement vis-a-vis the detail, these entries are often a good place to start. As an example, this is Hindenburg:

image.thumb.png.c62c0d86771e209e95cea8969d09c569.png

(Note: no IFHE)

Be aware though that there is apparently an incoming rework of the captain skill system, so what works now may well change to a greater or lesser extent in the near(ish) future, if it all goes ahead.

Sign in to follow this