Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

Replays

7 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Players
4,205 posts

I have a problem running a replay.

(All of them).

I'm stuck on loading page, then when I press the "START BATTLE" button nothing happens. Stuck on same screen. Start button is gone.

Mouse cursor disappears, but it appears if I hold any key on the keyboard. Clicking on tabs does nothing.

I can hear the battle, but not see it.

Its a fresh replay....

Any clues? This used to happen in live games, but the game sound was never there.... Is anyone having this?

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,502 posts
16,010 battles

Hi all,

8 hours ago, nambr9 said:

I have a problem running a replay.

(All of them).

I'm stuck on loading page, then when I press the "START BATTLE" button nothing happens. Stuck on same screen. Start button is gone.

Mouse cursor disappears, but it appears if I hold any key on the keyboard. Clicking on tabs does nothing.

I can hear the battle, but not see it.

Its a fresh replay....

Any clues? This used to happen in live games, but the game sound was never there.... Is anyone having this?

Unfortunately it is known and reoccurring bug... after 5 years of WoWs we still don't have proper replay system... :Smile_izmena:

Leo "Apollo11"

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,131 posts
21,898 battles

Ask 2 questions: How many years did it take for customizable consumables? How complicated are replays in comparison to that? Now extrapolate.

Jokes aside, they actually improved replays. E.g. you can see the correct target lock-on in replays. That tells me they are working on it but no one knows how far they got and how long we need to wait. I guess the version problem isn't trivial.

[THESO]
Players
4,205 posts

Well apparently it was one of the mods.

I tried renaming the "res_mods" folder and replacing with empty one, but it did not work.

So I backed it up, and purged it with Aslain installer (nothing selected, some folders are left inside "res_mods" after the purge).

The replays started to work .... I have tried switching folders with the backuped one and I can get all my mods back without reinstalling them....

FYI .. if any1 needs it....

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,223 battles

Maybe a stupid question, but... how do you load a replay now with WG Centre?

I used to run the game with the old launcher, and my replays were linked to the WoWs executable. But that executable is now the WGC, and when I click on the replay file it just loads the WGC. I tried linking the replay file to the .exe files in the bin folder, but I get an error.

WoWs_Replay_error.jpg.f991376e67bf25997aeb28cb4a69f008.jpg 

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,223 battles
1 hour ago, Ze_Reckless said:

@JapLance

Have WG Center running in the background before you open the replay.

Oooh, that was easy, yet unexpected. Thank you very much Sir .

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this