Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
seXikanac

What are the best 3 premium ships in the game right now?

68 comments in this topic

[SHAFT]
Players
10,318 posts
9,108 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:
  • Imperator Nikolai
  • Belfast
  • Guilio Cesare

You misspelled Enterprise :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 6

[SHAFT]
Players
10,318 posts
9,108 battles
14 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

She still wins less.

Last week and last 2 months, Enty wins more than Nikolai.

[SHAD]
Players
2,698 posts
12,015 battles

Currently on sale?

Cruiser: Bayard/Mainz.  Perth for low tier

Battleship: Massachusetts, perhaps Lenin for its very consistent guns.

Destroyer: Kidd due to CVs or Loyang due to that hydro

• Cool 4

[TOXIC]
Players
4,758 posts
12,054 battles
13 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

Well lemme rephrase, 3 ships that I can buy :D Any DDs by the way?

Do you only include ships available in shop and/or for doublons? Because there are also the Coal, Steel and freeXP premiums :Smile-_tongue:

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,905 posts
12,198 battles
2 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Currently on sale?

Cruiser: Bayard/Mainz.  Perth for low tier

Battleship: Massachusetts, perhaps Lenin for its very consistent guns.

Destroyer: Kidd due to CVs or Loyang due to that hydro

Strictly speaking we can add stuff like Alaska or Georgia since they are premiums/special ships and can be bought for money directly or inderectly. 

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,905 posts
12,198 battles
1 minute ago, eliastion said:

Do you only include ships available in shop and/or for doublons? Because there are also the Coal, Steel and freeXP premiums :Smile-_tongue:

You cant buy steel ships and t10 coal ships for money. 

Well unless you buy 300 premium containers for 2000 euro i guess

[RODS]
Players
1,343 posts
7,283 battles
26 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • Imperator Nikolai
  • Belfast
  • Guilio Cesare

Dunno bout the Nikolai last 5-10 times I played it I mostly got raped by Hosho and a few other minor CV:s

• Cool 7

[TOXIC]
Players
4,758 posts
12,054 battles
Just now, kfa said:

You cant buy steel ships and t10 coal ships for money. 

Well unless you buy 300 premium containers for 2000 euro i guess

Which is why I asked if he's interested just in more-or-less directly purchasable ships (doublons introduce an extra step but it's still just a purchase for money) or whether he's more interested about out-of-tree options in general.

Players
95 posts
1,462 battles
14 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Doubloons

[THESO]
Players
4,194 posts
30 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

Well lemme rephrase, 3 ships that I can buy :D Any DDs by the way?

Stalingrad, Thunderer, Alasca (optionally Massa and T61).

DDs ... depends of what type you are looking for. T61 is the most OP DD per tier. Donno if you can still buy it though....

Players
1,658 posts
7,530 battles

It depends on how do you define best. For me it's entertainment value, which is subjective.

For me, the most entertaining ones are Tirpitz and Massachusetts. Tirpitz is powercrept, but does the torpedo and secondaries combo the best of all possible options. It's highly manouverable compared to tier 9 and 10 BBs and can face tier 6 ships. For a cruiser, I like Atago the most, it perfects the japanese kiting playstyle with usable torpedos, armour and guns. For a DD I'd pick Cossack. Strong guns and short smokes, with a limited torpeedo option. Personally I'd get Tirpitz or Massachusetts first, but they need at least a 14 point captain to access the secondary power.

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
27,442 posts
14,565 battles
42 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Last week and last 2 months, Enty wins more than Nikolai.

That is pretty recent. Two weeks ago and before Nikolai won more.

32 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

Dunno bout the Nikolai last 5-10 times I played it I mostly got raped by Hosho and a few other minor CV:s

And she still goes to town with the low Tier ships that the CV cannot compensate that...

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,928 battles
1 hour ago, seXikanac said:

What are the best 3 premium ships in the game right now? Any tier, any class

Any mode ?

Some ships that are strong in PvP because of consumables as radar and smoke  but pay for that by not having torpedo's like Belfast are not equally strong in every mode.

Players
95 posts
1,462 battles
8 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

For cash/doubloons?

Massachusetts, T-61, Ark Royal. 

I already have T-61 which is AMAZING. So Im looking for similar above the average premium ship

• Cool 2

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,641 posts
24,346 battles
7 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

I already have T-61 which is AMAZING. So Im looking for similar above the average premium ship

simple: z-39!

+ massa

+georgia

+++if one really wants to throw his money around: ohio!!!!

^these 3 are most probably the best prems ingame, thx to short heal cd. does tell nothing bout the players playing them though....

Players
10,103 posts
11,872 battles
19 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

Cossack, if way of the tea destroyer is familiar to you.

Georgia is solid bundle of gimmicks, same with Alaska. Massa can be fun, though her 27kts top speed and only 18km gun range can leave you wanting when uptiered + Georgia exists.

10 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

+++if one really wants to throw his money around: ohio!!!!

I don't consider Ohayo that much of an upgrade over Georgia. Yes, you get Montana hull with associated absolute lack of maneuvreability but also you get only 28kts top speed. Over Georgia you get 4th turret, but you also lose CB dispersion and have slower reload. Turret traverse is considerably faster though.

Also by virtue of being tier 10, Ohayo is bound to see T10 only games, which are absolute snorefest nowadays, while Georgia gets to bully T7 ships from time to time. And her guns are not to be ignored against T10.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
5,842 posts
14,110 battles
1 hour ago, seXikanac said:

What are the best 3 premium ships in the game right now? Any tier, any class

'The three you can play best' is the unhelpful answer: there are (almost) no ships in the game that will magically make you do better - I only add the 'almost' as there may well be something that you happen to gel well with that you don't know about yet. The point being that the 'best' for you may not overlap with the 'best' for another player.

It's also worth making sure that whatever premiums you buy can take a decent captain from your silver line, and don't require a weird captain build to do well with.

All of which said, my picks of premiums-for-money that you can currently get might look as follows (but bear in mind that I'm a DD main, so am much less qualified to comment on the other classes):

• T-61: probably the best DD in the game, tier-for-tier (Kami/Fujin might disagree, but they're gone*); T6 too, so good for newer players. If you have the coal, put a hydro upgrade on her too.
  • Cossack: very effective, with glorious defensive hydro (coal mod again), excellent dakka, and almost class-leading stealth. Only one torp launcher, but can single fire. Not a good pick for a newbie.
  • Loyang: rather old now, but still effective, mainly due to the cruiser hydro and smoke combination; essentially, Benson with hydro and the YOLO torp option.
  • Haida is fantastic (a lot like Cossack, but with creeping smoke and Mighty SecondariesTM), but should absolutely be avoided until you have a means to generate good captains without actually playing the ship/captain itself.
  • Boise is excellent at T7, although mine spends most of her time in Narai; plenty of guns and a superior heal. Good match for the main line CL captains.
  • Atago is splendid, despite being old; nice balance between guns and torps (and she gets a heal); Bagration is a vaguely similar beast, only with better guns and less good torps (I might be tempted by whichever one you have a good captain for).
  • Scharn: guns may be a bit small, but she has plenty of them; works very well in Narai, and gels well with main silver line BB captains.
  • Ark Royal: besides being Ark Royal, she's very good for Ops (well, I can't comment on Avoid Newport, but for the others).
  • Ashitaka isn't a bad pick; if you spend even more money, you can turn her into a ludicrous silver earner (via the Kobayashi permaflage) as well; great for Narai.
  • MA probably; if you're good with BBs, she's a monster; even for someone like me, she's worth having, if only for doing secondaries missions.

Also, as usual: don't buy premiums that are of too high a tier, in relation to where you are with silver ships; they won't make you any better against real people (although they can be fun for Coop)..

*Except as occasional loot-box bait.

• Cool 5

Sign in to follow this