Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Todeskult

Make the Strong-Willed campaign PERMANENT

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[COMA]
Players
233 posts
13,835 battles

Hello,

Just as the title says.

I don't understand why making a campaign a time-period exclusive. There wasn't such campaign in the past (if I'm not mistaken), so why this one is? When comes to myself it's not about the main reward (a pan-EUR captain if I do remember correctly), but a plenty of other rewards (signals, resources, etc.), very valuable and sought-after to free-to-play and casual players. Everybody could grind through those missions with their own pace and abilities, especially (again, if I do remember correctly) some of those are really hard to achieve, like setting fires and/or shooting citadel 18 or so times in a single game. How often you can achieve that and in what kind of OP ship(s)? Smolensk?

 

Making this time-exclusive is a joke considering that any potato with 20 games played can get a tier IX ship without any restrictions.

 

Make the Strong-Willed campaign PERMANENT!!!

  • Cool 15
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,615 posts

There was a temporary campaign before, the one with steel rewards, although admittedly not EXACTLY like this one...

 

I guess the reason for temp nature of this camp is that we have another one incoming after this is over...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

What is there not to understand ? When you are too late to get that Commander he will probably appear for a lot of coal like the rest of the Commanders that came with time gated events.

 

Btw i went through that campaign in a few weeks time, just playing CV mostly repeating the easy tasks only requiring Tier IX or X ships ( such as credits or XP ) over and over again and EU DD for the specific tasks ( i believe that were tier VIII tasks ) that needed them, with the pleasant side effect i have Halland now too while the rest of the DD lines are still stuck on Tier VIII.

 

The only thing "hard" for me was the constant requirement for Tier IX and X ships and at the time i only had 3 CV at that tier , and i didn't have any DD higher tier VIII then.

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COMA]
Players
233 posts
13,835 battles
45 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

There was a temporary campaign before, the one with steel rewards, although admittedly not EXACTLY like this one...

 

I guess the reason for temp nature of this camp is that we have another one incoming after this is over...

 

38 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

in fact there were already 8 temporary campaigns in the past, more than permanent ones (https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Campaigns)...

 

Yes, those were time limited, but were somehow different in nature: limited for the sake of main reward being often a ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,224 posts
55 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

The only thing "hard" for me was the constant requirement for Tier IX and X ships and at the time i only had 3 CV at that tier , and i didn't have any DD higher tier VIII then.

 

What is there not to understand. You can simply fulfill this requirement by honestly using your credit card (or your mum's where applicable) to purchase said ships or use real money to convert XP to Free XP when said ships may only be purchased in such a way.

 

Thank you for your understanding.

 

:Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,615 posts
2 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

What is there not to understand ? When you are too late to get that Commander he will probably appear for a lot of coal like the rest of the Commanders that came with time gated events.

Not to mention that doing some of those tasks basically calls for having a Halland with 19pt commander on her...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
6,697 posts
15,193 battles
2 hours ago, Todeskult said:

I don't understand why making a campaign a time-period exclusive.

My guess is that the campaign interface is a bit cluttered, and WG would have to spend money redesigning it to enable more than a few campaigns to be run at once.

 

Personally, I would like to see it made permanent though; it's not like it would be the first 'campaign for a captain'. I finished the thing a while back (well, got the main reward; I'm not worried about being a completist), but I can't remember anything in it that would be likely to clash with other things WG have going on...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,242 posts
30,016 battles
2 hours ago, Todeskult said:

Yes, those were time limited, but were somehow different in nature: limited for the sake of main reward being often a ship.

 

Actually, more often than not the reword was not a ship but mostly a permanent camo. But is doesn't matter what is reward it is difficulty that matter. And Strong Willed is not that hard to finish even in one month.

 

9 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Personally, I would like to see it made permanent though; it's not like it would be the first 'campaign for a captain'.

 

Yes but campaign for Helsey and Yamamoto are much harder and require more time to finish. This campaign is created with intention that it could be easily done in 6 months. If WG would make it permanent it would have to change it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,224 posts
14 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

My guess is that the campaign interface is a bit cluttered, and WG would have to spend money redesigning it to enable more than a few campaigns to be run at once.

 

Personally, I would like to see it made permanent though; it's not like it would be the first 'campaign for a captain'. I finished the thing a while back (well, got the main reward; I'm not worried about being a completist), but I can't remember anything in it that would be likely to clash with other things WG have going on...

 

Would prefer if campaigns were permanent or at least return on some basis of rotation.

 

6 minutes ago, fumtu said:

 

Actually, more often than not the reword was not a ship but mostly a permanent camo. But is doesn't matter what is reward it is difficulty that matter. And Strong Willed is not that hard to finish even in one month.

 

 

Yes but campaign for Helsey and Yamamoto are much harder and require more time to finish. This campaign is created with intention that it could be easily done in 6 months. If WG would make it permanent it would have to change it.

 

But doable, with time, allowing you to have a life outside of WoWS without having you to schedule your time and plan your gaming ahead for months. This temporary campaign felt a lot harder because of this reason, and also because of the ship/tier restrictions in place.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
750 posts
7,530 battles

I played as I normally play and I might finish step 2 of the campaign before the time runs out. I'd rather WG do not make this stupid grindfest permanent and I'd rather they quit doing them. Personally, commander or even a ship are no incentive for me to waste my time on repetitive, unfun tasks.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WRV]
Players
134 posts
514 battles
Vor 21 Minuten, Karasu_Hidesuke sagte:

 

Would prefer if campaigns were permanent or at least return on some basis of rotation.

 

 

But doable, with time, allowing you to have a life outside of WoWS without having you to schedule your time and plan your gaming ahead for months. This temporary campaign felt a lot harder because of this reason, and also because of the ship/tier restrictions in place.

Free-to-play-player here, have finished the campaign a few months ago in Coop only.

Mostly with only 2 of 3 Missions running because of F2P and few with 3 Missions running with 24h Premium time Container

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,615 posts
1 minute ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

Personally, commander or even a ship are no incentive for me to waste my time on repetitive, unfun tasks.

Then you dont do them and dont get the prize, all are happy... :fish_aqua:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
2 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

What is there not to understand. You can simply fulfill this requirement by honestly using your credit card (or your mum's where applicable) to purchase said ships or use real money to convert XP to Free XP when said ships may only be purchased in such a way.

 

Thank you for your understanding.

 

:Smile_trollface:

 

If you mean WG intends players to use buying FreeXP to boost themselves up to required tiers.....yeah sure that sounds like them....

 

But this campaing didn't cost me anything but time as i had all tech tree 3 x tier X CV and a Tier VIII EU DD, which did progress to tier IX during the campaign. When you won't make it and they put the commander up for coal later it does not have to cost real money either.

 

The key is patience....if you don't have it, then you pull the wallet. ( which is me too, but not on this occasion ) That is how the game is built, as it really can be free to play. You just need thousands of hours to get to tier X then.

 

 

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,224 posts
9 minutes ago, Adm_Andre said:

Free-to-play-player here, have finished the campaign a few months ago in Coop only.

Mostly with only 2 of 3 Missions running because of F2P and few with 3 Missions running with 24h Premium time Container

 

Nice! I finished it too, but as I don't do much progress daily, it took me a little longer than what I would have preferred. Had it been a permanent campaign, I would have felt a lot more relaxed about it.

2 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

 

If you mean WG intends players to use buying FreeXP to boost themselves up to required tiers.....yeah sure that sounds like them....

 

But this campaing didn't cost me anything but time as i had 3 x tier X CV and a Tier VIII EU DD, which did progress to tier IX during the campaign. When you won't make it and they put the commander up for coal later it does not have to cost real money either.

 

The key is patience....if you don't have it, then you pull the wallet. ( which is me too, but not in this occasion )

 

 

 

 

 

Fortunately it didn't cost me anything but time either, and what I possibly missed because I had to prioritize it because it was time-gated content.

 

For those who use money for Free XP conversion (somewhat of a misnomer in this case, actually...) the key would be patience. But we've seen that the other psychological trick WeeGee likes to employ is sunk cost fallacy. It's always nice when at least some players find a way to beat the system. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,350 posts
5,683 battles
4 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Btw i went through that campaign in a few weeks time, just playing CV mostly repeating the easy tasks only

And now you will get to Rank 1 just by playing CV, the easy mode for 2500 doubloons...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

And now you will get to Rank 1 just by playing CV, the easy mode for 2500 doubloons...

 

Rank 1 ? As in ranked matches ? I use mainly DD for that......somehow they are far more reliable FTW / star save in ranked then CV are....

 

I didn't FreeXP to Halland you know...i actually played the line...a lot. 

 

And All of them come with relative decent AA for DD aswel.....this i noticed when resetting the line and sailing in T3/T4 again......not the target of choice for those biplanes.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SINT]
Players
1,065 posts
22,802 battles

Initially went for the 4th round prize, 500 steel but i found that my progress was fast enough to get the final reward within 3 months... I repeated the most basic quest repeatedly by just playing my T8+ ships. Did help that i had the Friesland for some specific T8 plus European dd tasks. Only extra investment was a 40K fxp towards the silver line T8 pan EU dd. Dedicated some time each day playing these 2 boats..

 

Saves me wasting 175K coal on this captain. Never played a game with him yet.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COMA]
Players
233 posts
13,835 battles
On 9/14/2020 at 4:39 PM, fumtu said:

 

Actually, more often than not the reword was not a ship but mostly a permanent camo. But is doesn't matter what is reward it is difficulty that matter. And Strong Willed is not that hard to finish even in one month.

 

Yes but campaign for Helsey and Yamamoto are much harder and require more time to finish. This campaign is created with intention that it could be easily done in 6 months. If WG would make it permanent it would have to change it.

 

Much harder, but because of being permanent even a casual player would do the tasks in time. And other reason I'd like to have those campaign permanent is I don't agree with WG policy of playing a game as a job.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SVX]
Players
1,354 posts
15,883 battles
9 hours ago, Todeskult said:

 

Much harder, but because of being permanent even a casual player would do the tasks in time. And other reason I'd like to have those campaign permanent is I don't agree with WG policy of playing a game as a job.

 

i mean its not hard at all finnising it. but if you havent done anything before now well then hahaha on you

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COMA]
Players
233 posts
13,835 battles
22 minutes ago, albin322 said:

i mean its not hard at all finnising it. but if you havent done anything before now well then hahaha on you

Haha on WG, for not seeing my money anymore :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RODS]
Players
1,729 posts
7,790 battles

Hadn´t  noticed it wasn´t permanent..

So no point in colleting them stars anymore

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×