Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FizzlePopBerryTwist

WG should STOP to PUNISH GOOD players - regardless of team

69 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
38 posts

Imagine that: You got #1 in your team because you worked your [edited]off! 5+kills 250k dmg- dodging torpedos, planes, grenades, and teamkillers... and you STILL LOSE?

Ok now why would that be punishable by giving you LESS XP, Credits and whatnot?

- both #1 should get the same  $$$ (and i even encourage a thick boost on that)  

In fact, the top 2+3 should at least not get a malus. No bonus, but no punishment either.

Seriously WG, that's a D*** MOVE...

the one (or few) that do overtime get a kick in the nuts because of : afk, botters, noobs, twitch 'suicide streamers and grandma trying her first video game?

Man, that's so fair of you. Two fingers up. (hint: not thumbs). 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 10
  • Bad 7

[CATS]
Players
30,055 posts
15,430 battles

You lose together with your team. Never been part of a sports team?

And no, you do not get less credits. Credits are not influenced by wins or losses. XP are.

When you want to win more, you have to get better.

• Cool 17
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[WONLY]
Players
431 posts
17,807 battles
9 minutes ago, FizzlePopBerryTwist said:

Imagine that: You got #1 in your team because you worked your [edited]off! 5+kills 250k dmg- dodging torpedos, planes, grenades, and teamkillers... and you STILL LOSE?

In fact, the top 2+3 should at least not get a malus. No bonus, but no punishment either.

the one (or few) that do overtime get a kick in the nuts because of : afk, botters, noobs, twitch 'suicide streamers and grandma trying her first video game?

Sadly this would encourage passive gameplay and damage farming. Even more than it is now. It's just how the XP calculation works. You can see it in every ranked season.

• Cool 14

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

And no, you do not get less credits. Credits are not influenced by wins or losses. XP are.

That contradics a bit doensn't it ? :Smile_teethhappy:

You often just lose however good you are, as no one is good enough to stop 12 human enemies alone. No ship can endure more then 3 enemies firing on it for long....

But having a lot of skill you sometimes can force key changes in the battlefield that cause the enemy to fail. Clapping their only DD when there are no CV either for example. But you still need teammates to pick up on those created opportunities.

I more lament creating opportunities for allies which cause a change in the winning balance, but never getting rewarded for it because i lose my ship (early) doing it.....:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 5

Players
3,682 posts
20,811 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

What sports have you been playing that throws random people in a new team every match? :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 6
  • Funny 5

[CATS]
Players
30,055 posts
15,430 battles
5 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

How so?

5 minutes ago, Europizza said:

What sports have you been playing that throws random people in a new team every match? :Smile_amazed:

Does not matter how the team is formed. When you score 5 goals in a soccer match and the enemy does 6, you lose.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

How so?

You said you lose as a team ( which is true )

You said a player must get better to win more ( true, but his team may drag him down regardless )

[CATS]
Players
30,055 posts
15,430 battles
Just now, Beastofwar said:

You said you lose as a team ( which is true )

You said a player must get better to win more ( true, but his team may drag him down regardless )

When both are true. Where is the contradiction?

• Funny 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
11 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

When both are true. Where is the contradiction?

That a bad team will still drag a player down, whatever his improved skills could do.

The mechanic that with better skills you win more cannot be based on 1 player vs 12 enemies. So you need "luck" too you get in a team where there are more skilled players to which you add to shift the balance.

I did not see any skilled players win in a team with merely bots agaisnt a full team of humans in the asymetric mode, on either side.....they are notably much tougher to take down, but go down they will.

I had my own moments in a bot team of killing 75 % of the all human enemy team ( TV/VI ) all on my own ( in a TVIII CV ) but they took me down too eventually.....:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,621 posts
12,747 battles
3 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

but his team may drag him down regardless

yes, even unicorn players drag down by teams even if he manage make 7 kills and over 300k damage

[CATS]
Players
30,055 posts
15,430 battles
6 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

That a bad team will still drag a player down, whatever his improved skills could do.

That is no contradiction. Better players win more, not every time. Nobody claimed that.

• Cool 8
  • Bad 1

[1FA]
Players
418 posts
18,658 battles

It is you plus 11 random people vs 12 random people. If you are losing more than wining in the long run, it just means you are worse player than a random player.

Also keep in mind that even "unicum" players' 60% solo winrate means that they are statisticaly only able to turn one fifth of defeats into victories. Even they cannot do anything with the remaining four fifths. :cap_tea:

• Cool 2

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,119 posts
11 hours ago, FizzlePopBerryTwist said:

credits should not be affected by win or loss

which malus/punishment? winner team gets a bonus on (base) xp

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,641 posts
26,448 battles

No, it is not random at all. WG MM is designed to try to carry all the nubs to high tiers by being carried by decent players, hoping that some of the nubs will pay for content at some point.

This is why you never see players under 40% WR, no matter how bad they are. 

It is much worse after the cost of playing high tiers was reduced.

The reward system is flawed. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,641 posts
26,448 battles
6 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

which malus/punishment? winner team gets a bonus on (base) xp

Sorry, but lately the winner team is decided by where MM puts less idiots. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
30,055 posts
15,430 battles
3 minutes ago, 22cm said:

No, it is not random at all. WG MM is designed to try to carry all the nubs to high tiers by being carried by decent players, hoping that some of the nubs will pay for content at some point.

This is why you never see players under 40% WR, no matter how bad they are. 

It is much worse after the cost of playing high tiers was reduced.

The reward system is flawed. 

I would not call 40% to be carried.

There are a few players below 40%.

• Funny 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,618 posts

Because the main concept of the game is to win and not farm

[LSCA]
Players
1,621 posts
12,747 battles
2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Because the main concept of the game is to win and not farm

not everyone have this priority number 1. there are players who play this only for fun no matter if they lose or win

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,641 posts
26,448 battles
11 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

There are a few players below 40%.

Not really, WG takes care of it. 

• Bad 1

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
747 posts
15,064 battles
12 hours ago, FizzlePopBerryTwist said:

May i ask politely to make your stats visible, so we can judge if you belong to the good players?

• Cool 3

Players
2,568 posts
14,864 battles
32 minutes ago, 22cm said:

This is why you never rarely see players under 40% WR, no matter how bad they are.    

FIFY

image.thumb.png.0f177f0041df07bf14817ef03f300499.png

[BODEM]
Players
802 posts
7,026 battles
12 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

You often just lose however good you are, as no one is good enough to stop 12 human enemies alone. No ship can endure more then 3 enemies firing on it for long....

But having a lot of skill you sometimes can force key changes in the battlefield that cause the enemy to fail. Clapping their only DD when there are no CV either for example. But you still need teammates to pick up on those created opportunities.

I more lament creating opportunities for allies which cause a change in the winning balance, but never getting rewarded for it because i lose my ship (early) doing it.....:Smile_teethhappy:

This is exactly why I don't understand the whole weekend warrior syndrom. The whole teambased pvp situation is as solid as a 1+1=2 sum. People magically think that most teams lose in the weekends, but that is a scientific impossibility in a constant 1 team vs 1 team situation. So there has to be a team that wins when one team loses. So it is completely possible that you constantly play the stars from the heaven match after match and still get caught in a losing streak. This is why I don't bother with "weekend warrior syndrom" and W/L rating, only Personal rating. Not that I care about that too, I am not good enough. I play to have fun. Of course that includes playing to win, taking a regular mvp or top 3. But I am far from unicum.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,618 posts
14 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

not everyone have this priority number 1. there are players who play this only for fun no matter if they lose or win

I am talking about the basic game goal around which the game concept is designed, not that its any different for most games people play...

Sign in to follow this