Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anonym_YnHT05L0fTC3

Bots are no fun at all

23 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts

Ok the first 4 levels on EU server at least you mostly play against bots, 

But why the heck they launch torpedo's even when they don't have too ?

Been nailed by them couple off times or why they stop sailing when reaching A,B,C or the flag there so easy to deal with, but also very frustrating.

Because there so freaking stupid at least put an AI difficulty switch on them like easy true nightmare so players can decide on witch level they want to play if there is no one to play with...

I shouldn't be that difficult for WG to add that to the game.... 

[PUSH]
[PUSH]
Players
163 posts
11,365 battles

After a certain level you should be able to play against real people (I forget what level that is)

Players
6,354 posts
37 minutes ago, _Xaero_ said:

After a certain level you should be able to play against real people (I forget what level that is)

Not that there's gonna.. oh.. let's not spoil the surprise though. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

Players
4,368 posts
5,709 battles
2 hours ago, _Xaero_ said:

The fact is, Bots in Co op are more intelligent than some real people. Especially during weekends...

This used to be a joke not so long time ago, but its not anymore because we can (legit) say that Bots are indeed better players, because you won't see them running away from objectives unlike real people.

Thats why I enjoy more to play Co op lately and avoid to play Randoms during weekends.

• Cool 1

[NOCAP]
Privateer
5,853 posts
13,238 battles
3 hours ago, The_GrazyC said:

Ok the first 4 levels on EU server at least you mostly play against bots, 

But why the heck they launch torpedo's even when they don't have too ?

Been nailed by them couple off times or why they stop sailing when reaching A,B,C or the flag there so easy to deal with, but also very frustrating.

Because there so freaking stupid at least put an AI difficulty switch on them like easy true nightmare so players can decide on witch level they want to play if there is no one to play with...

I shouldn't be that difficult for WG to add that to the game.... 

Hi,

there's something what i call "protected matchmaking" for new players which has a number of prequisites until you get matched against full teams of real players. Firstoff you can switch to random battles once you reach account level 3. You can do so by clicking on "coop battle" right next to the "battle" button and select random battle. 

Second here is a part from the wiki article regarding special MM for newcomers. basically you get it for the first 200 games but once you hit T5 it won't work anymore

13-09-_2020_00-18-47.png

• Cool 1

Players
4 posts

Ok 50 more battles or so, but what I meant can't they set a switch or something bots they way they are now even my mother is smarter not to sale into friendly torps or fire torps at me while I already defeated the enemy .

I stopt playing DD because they constantly sail right into my torps, Really just tweak the AI a little that they are not sailing right into torps friendly or enemy torps. It's giving the wrong message to beginners to start with.

Just shoot or launch and fight without even thinking ahead. WG can do much better then this, if they let's play with bots at low tiers then give some with brains !!!

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,039 posts
10,211 battles
4 minutes ago, The_GrazyC said:

WG can do much better then this, if they let's play with bots at low tiers then give some with brains !!!

They tried that once. When people began losing they started crying.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
4 posts
23 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

The fact is, Bots in Co op are more intelligent than some real people. Especially during weekends...

This used to be a joke not so long time ago, but its not anymore because we can (legit) say that Bots are indeed better players, because you won't see them running away from objectives unlike real people.

Thats why I enjoy more to play Co op lately and avoid to play Randoms during weekends.

I don't know never been on high tier before, highest is the vladivostok on my other account, and yeah or they charge in way to early and then start running. A good way to lose. Or you think your team is behind you and sudenly they turned and run and your a sitting duck...

• Cool 2

Players
3,709 posts
20,847 battles
5 minutes ago, domen3 said:

They tried that once. When people began losing they started crying.

Apparantly people are playing to gather resources, not to have great matches. Which explains why lootboxes are selling like hotcakes.

• Cool 1

Players
6,354 posts
5 minutes ago, The_GrazyC said:

I don't know never been on high tier before, highest is the vladivostok on my other account, and yeah or they charge in way to early and then start running. A good way to lose. Or you think your team is behind you and sudenly they turned and run and your a sitting duck...

Excellent! :Smile_great: You've already learned a key concept of the failing team strategy. Always leave your team mate hung out to dry.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

Did you guys notice in the high tiers COOP bots can be actually quite lethal to humans ?

While trying to complete tasks i regularly found myself as one of the few survivors while the bots were rampaging in the most powerful ships in game,  already having killed the most chicken-without -a-head rushing humans. And then winning is not so self-evident as it seems.....

Terrifying Tier X brute gun/armour/torpedo wave ships  remain that even with a bot in it.........and aiming skills is often not what a bot is lacking......i did often curse the fool  that brought such a powerful ship to be mirrored, and then got snuffed with his mirror image rampaging about with ever less humans remaining.....and as often not only one fool so you really eventually face something you cannot defeat.

This while lower tier COOP is just a killing count race where if you are a tad slow you get to kill/damage nothing.

• Cool 2

Players
1,270 posts

Was a in COOP game last week and the Bots actually won the match killing all our team.

Funny, first time I've seen that happen in COOP. :cap_fainting:

They have definitely improved the way Bots dodge torps now. You can guarantee if you shoot torps at a Bot in CCOP from something like 5-6 k, they turn and dodge them. Now you have shoot the torps when they are right near you to avoid them being able to do it.

• Cool 4

[LSCA]
Players
1,640 posts
12,834 battles
13 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

Was a in COOP game last week and the Bots actually won the match killing all our team.

Funny, first time I've seen that happen in COOP. :cap_fainting:

They have definitely improved the way Bots dodge torps now. You can guarantee if you shoot torps at a Bot in CCOP from something like 5-6 k, they turn and dodge them. Now you have shoot the torps when they are right near you to avoid them being able to do it.

yes i'm also notice this today how BB avoid  my torps

Players
3,709 posts
20,847 battles

After 5 lost matches in Random trying to knock off my London snowflake I had enough of it and went coop for a sure win. Got matched up with 2 bot carriers. :fish_palm:

WG is not even trying to make bots look good.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles

Bots are, well, bots. This much should be obvious. But my personal opinion is that WG should disable CV bots again until they can program them so that they would successfully strike (with rockets) a DD that doesn't even try to dodge... I realized this while playing asymmetric in a DD - if enemy CVs are bots (and MM can put in as many as three on the low tier team!), their rocket planes can be basically ignored...

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,478 posts
12,729 battles

They have a higher intelligence level bots.. 

They tried to put them into the game.. randoms(newbie protected area) and especially co-op

Guess what, people started to have more losses than wins :) 

they cried.. 

You are about to enter the full PVP random mode in a few games.. 

you may miss the bots... 

Some of us do... 

• Cool 1

[COMA]
Players
237 posts
13,919 battles

Who needs those useless bots??? All they do is to yolo in straight line, torp each other in close combat or ram each other. What does it give to a gameplay aside from filling the missing queue? Remove them, simply as this. If you wan't to make the low tiers more populated find some other factors that "force" players to play those, like missions maybe or less fkn CVs!!! I am on my other clusters (NA & RU) grinding through lower tiers nowadays and even on tier V on certain hours there are plenty of those useless bots. Once you are spawned with 3 of those on your flank you are done, especially with 2 CVs every single battle.

[LEAKS]
Players
237 posts
11,200 battles

The competence of the bots in WoW is decided by WG because AI can be coded to learn everything that there is to know about playing this game.  The US Air Force has AI that is a better fighter pilot than the very best human pilots that they have.  It would be totally depressing to have to play against that kind of efficiency and since this is a game where WG want to make the players happy so that they remain loyal and spend their money, AI will never be allowed to play better than the average poorly skilled human player.  I wouldn't mind playing in coop against a very skilled AI as, even if I lost every time, I might learn how to improve my play by always playing against the best which you cannot guarantee to be able to do in random.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,813 posts
21,424 battles

The reason why bots are currently as braindead as they are now is because the average player couldn't handle more intelligent bots, hence why WG nerfed them to their current state.

And no, the bots previously actually weren't all that good either to say the least.

Players
6,354 posts
7 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

The reason why bots are currently as braindead as they are now is because the average player couldn't handle more intelligent bots, hence why WG nerfed them to their current state.

And no, the bots previously actually weren't all that good either to say the least.

Some are still too good for me. I'm sure they must be cheating somehow. Can I report them for unsportsbotlike conduct? :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,804 posts
6,428 battles
3 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Some are still too good for me. I'm sure they must be cheating somehow. Can I report them for unsportsbotlike conduct? :Smile_hiding:

No you can not. Or compliment them for that matter.

• Funny 1

Players
3,123 posts
22,700 battles

I'll say this for bots, they make the most reliable back-up for DDs.

You spot an enemy, they're sure to blast him. You rush a smoke cloud for them, they will open up as soon as you spot the enemy DD, with 100% reliability.

Human players in Random will let you down with about the same percentage rate.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this