You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Senpai_Matte

Can anyone explain me system for becoming pink?

17 comments in this topic

[-TFD-]
Players
21 posts
8,503 battles

As you can guess i have no idea how this mechanics works so i would be glad if someone would explain it to me.

I am not new to game but i get annoyed while i deal low dmg to any friendly ship and instantly become pink while i saw a lot of players that had to fire several salvos at friendly ship or hit it with torpedoes few times (also saw people landing 2-3 torps on friendly ship and still didn't get teamkiller penalty).

shot-20_09.12_10_28.30-0590.thumb.jpg.8072e28a45394490435e430fba0edd5b.jpg

Normally i wouldn't ask but in this battle few minutes ago that 540Hp penalty cost me my life and this all happened in one salvo without any previous warning in last month. I don't like to recieve penalty for players in my team only because he rammed me while i was shooting.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
30,064 posts
15,430 battles
3 hours ago, Matte_on_prowl said:

As you can guess i have no idea how this mechanics works so i would be glad if someone would explain it to me.

I am not new to game but i get annoyed while i deal low dmg to any friendly ship and instantly become pink while i saw a lot of players that had to fire several salvos at friendly ship or hit it with torpedoes few times (also saw people landing 2-3 torps on friendly ship and still didn't get teamkiller penalty).

shot-20_09.12_10_28.30-0590.thumb.jpg.8072e28a45394490435e430fba0edd5b.jpg

Normally i wouldn't ask but in this battle few minutes ago that 540Hp penalty cost me my life and this all happened in one salvo without any previous warning in last month. I don't like to recieve penalty for players in my team only because he rammed me while i was shooting.

You did 2426 damage .... to a DD.

That is around 15% of his HP. That is a lot.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Players
433 posts
6,566 battles

Pretty simple. you shoot your allies, you become pink. Or alternatively when you leave a battle early.  Best way to avoid that is surprisingly to not shoot at your allies. 

Quote from the wiki: 

Zitat

Players will receive the disciplinary teamkiller status for committing the following offenses:[2]

• do 10,000 damage or more to Allies (1% of damage) over the last 1,000,000 damage points (each) by main battery or aerial ordnance; or
  • do 40,000 damage or more to Allies (4% of damage) over the last 1,000,000 damage points by ship-launched torpedoes; or
  • destroy an ally, which means the last hit to sink the ally counts, not the amount of damage done.

•  
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[I-J-N]
Players
6,225 posts
1 hour ago, firerider202 said:

Pretty simple. you shoot your allies, you become pink. Or alternatively when you leave a battle early.  Best way to avoid that is surprisingly to not shoot at your allies. 

Quote from the wiki: 

•  

When it comes to the last point (not shown in the quote for some reason), destroying an ally, you don't even have to shoot or torp or anything, just accidentally ramming a team mate very very low on HP's will destroy them. Instant pink.

• Cool 2

[-TFD-]
Players
21 posts
8,503 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

You did 2426 damage .... to a DD.

That is around 15% of his HP. That is a lot.

Because he rammed me while i was shooting at enemy DD and saving his life (he wanted to launch torps on him at every cost).

3 hours ago, firerider202 said:

Quote from the wiki: 

This was my only team dmg over last 2 months.

[CATS]
Players
30,064 posts
15,430 battles
5 minutes ago, Matte_on_prowl said:

Because he rammed me while i was shooting at enemy DD and saving his life (he wanted to launch torps on him at every cost).

This was my only team dmg over last 2 months.

He got the damage from your shots and you pressed the trigger.

Friendly ships do not teleport. You could have known that he was there.

Players
909 posts
6,237 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

He got the damage from your shots and you pressed the trigger.

Friendly ships do not teleport. You could have known that he was there.

In this case that goes both ways. The guy running in to get his torps off should have known that he could not.

I see this a lot, "friendly" ships coming in to block your line of fire, or even ram you out of your smoke so they can get their shots off. And those tend to be the first to wine about kill stealing as well.

[I-J-N]
Players
6,225 posts
3 minutes ago, Dutchy_2019 said:

In this case that goes both ways. The guy running in to get his torps off should have known that he could not.

I see this a lot, "friendly" ships coming in to block your line of fire, or even ram you out of your smoke so they can get their shots off. And those tend to be the first to wine about kill stealing as well.

Well, it is easy to miss things in battle. At least with me, I'm focusing more on the side the enemy is on rather than what's behind me.

[CATS]
Players
30,064 posts
15,430 battles
11 minutes ago, Dutchy_2019 said:

But he did not do the damage. The shooter did.

[TMCB]
[TMCB]
Players
73 posts
14,566 battles

Lol, I once made team killer when I and a DD both needed one more kill for Kraken. He took my torps deliberately.

I fired my torps first, he was ahead of me, off to the left but rammed into an island and his DD was one where you had to practically be broadside to launch, so he backed off the island, and then accelerated out turning 90 degrees into my torps , fired his torps, died to mine, got the Kraken...

Players
909 posts
6,237 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

But he did not do the damage. The shooter did.

If I am firespamming in a rapid fire DD in my smoke - say a Friesland - and some [edited] feels he needs to come in, ram me out of the way knowing he will almost certainly get hit by my shots in doing so so he can get his kills off, I pretty much consider someone a griefer, pretty much the same as someone deliberately running into your torps to get you pink or ramming you out of your smoke.

• Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
30,064 posts
15,430 battles
1 minute ago, Dutchy_2019 said:

If I am firespamming in a rapid fire DD in my smoke - say a Friesland - and some [edited] feels he needs to come in, ram me out of the way knowing he will almost certainly get hit by my shots in doing so so he can get his kills off, I pretty much consider someone a griefer, pretty much the same as someone deliberately running into your torps to get you pink or ramming you out of your smoke.

You are still the one pulling the trigger.

And unless the other guy does that the whole match, he is probably not a griefer, just someone looking elsewhere.

• Boring 1

[THESO]
Players
4,850 posts

All dmg counters are percentage based.

So like Pete said, 15 % dmg on a DD is a lot. Penalty system is automated. You dont wanna argue with computer program :)

• Cool 2

[LEAKS]
Players
237 posts
11,102 battles

Leaving the battle early will get you p[ink and although not many people do this deliberately, it is possible if you have problems with the WoW client and it freezes on your screen, if you close it with the 3 finger5 salute into Task Manager, WoW will see this as leaving the battle and you get pink and if you keep having the problem and don't want to wait up to 20 minutes for the battle to end and keep exiting to restart WoW.  You get extremely pin k and everyone thinks you shoot at your allies

Players
3,554 posts

Well you can gently love bump someone and you get a warning, or if your extreme go launch some tops and pretend not to notice the friendly DD swimming into view, the former happens on a regular basis when you zoom in for that perfect shot and someone else wants the same pixel as you, or in the general melee at spawn, and the second is not to be recommended at all:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1