Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
22cm

Remove spotting from this foched up CV class

87 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,362 posts
25,066 battles

Very easy to fix this stupid CV class. Remove spotting for the team. A CV only spots for himself. Also, has to burn like normal ships.

  • Cool 20
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,362 posts
25,066 battles
7 minutes ago, Asakka said:

Or what ? you leave ? :Smile_hiding:

Nope. I dont pay money anymore. No more spending from me to fund a game that has an invulnerable class.

 

Fix CVs if you need money.

  • Cool 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,362 posts
25,066 battles
3 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

CV planes in real history were the main spotters for the fleet.

Please read in history CVs is the most flammable ship. Carries 2 types of fuel, naval and aviation fuel, more fuel than any other type of ship. Aviation fuel burns the best.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,538 posts
13 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

CV planes in real history were the main spotters for the fleet.

For the strike groups. And so were BB's based scout planes... All depends on theatre of war and time period.

Oh, and how about maritime patrol aircrafts?

 

I really wouldn't try 'in the real life' argument, because 'In real history' Yamato never engaged Bismarck and CV based fighters never spammed Battleships with rockets...

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Players
2,842 posts
11,430 battles
13 hours ago, Skyllon said:

Yamato never engaged Bismarck

And there was only one each.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
846 posts
16 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Nope. I dont pay money anymore. No more spending from me to fund a game that has an invulnerable class.

 

Fix CVs if you need money.

Yeah i dont think they need your money that much

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
14,869 battles
24 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Please read in history CVs is the most flammable ship. Carries 2 types of fuel, naval and aviation fuel, more fuel than any other type of ship. Aviation fuel burns the best.

 

Aviation fuel vapour explosions form damaged tanks did destroy many CV, but :

 

- It were CV and submarines that did that to them

- hours if not a day after an attack.....wanna wait for that ?  :Smile_veryhappy:

  • Boring 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SH33P]
Beta Tester
280 posts
6,940 battles

Stop trying to use the "real life" argument in a videogame. You just look silly doing it.

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
11,126 posts
9,500 battles
6 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

 

Aviation fuel vapour explosions form damaged tanks did destroy many CV, but :

 

- It were CV and submarines that did that to them

- hours if not a day after an attack.....wanna wait for that ?  :Smile_veryhappy:

 

Quote

Scharnhorst switched her fire to Glorious at 16:32 and scored her first hit six minutes later on her third salvo, at a range of 26,000 yards (24,000 m), when one 28.3-centimetre (11.1 in) hit the forward flight deck and burst in the upper hangar, starting a large fire.  This hit destroyed two Swordfish being prepared for flight and the hole in the flight deck prevented any other aircraft from taking off.

 

image.png.8f12b3cb0ff0e2d566999b0e0009fad6.png

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SV]
Players
1,098 posts
14,066 battles
38 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Nope. I dont pay money anymore. No more spending from me to fund a game that has an invulnerable class.

 

Fix CVs if you need money.

il buy a few premium cvs sothey have money dont worry!

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
14,869 battles
8 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

 

 

image.png.8f12b3cb0ff0e2d566999b0e0009fad6.png

 

Yeah i was just reading that, and the role of Cunningham in sailing right past the drowning survivors of the wrecks of Acasta, Ardent and Glorious....because the Norwegian Royal Family was on board....

 

This dude is one of my commanders in game....:Smile-angry:

 

One time thing sinking a CV like that  though...and if you read through the wiki article it becomes obvious why it happend in the first place as CV are not supposed to travel with light escorts. And after that probably never did.

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
Players
464 posts
4,278 battles
14 minutes ago, Zieten said:

Stop trying to use the "real life" argument in a videogame. You just look silly doing it.

beacouse of that thinking we have all those russian dream ships

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,465 posts
20,571 battles
5 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

One time thing sinking a CV like that  though...and if you read through the wiki article it becomes obvious why it happend in the first place as CV are not supposed to travel with light escorts. And after that probably never did.

 

Yeah, right.

Quote

Around 0820, Gambier Bay was severely damaged by a shell hit which flooded her forward engine room, cutting her speed in half. [...] Fires raged through the riddled escort carrier, and she capsized at 0907 and sank at 0911.

 

Once again, how about actually informing yourself on the subject at hand before posting something blatantly uninformed?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,983 posts
28,630 battles
13 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

 

Yeah i was just reading that, and the role of Cunningham in sailing right past the drowning survivors of the wrecks of Acasta, Ardent and Glorious....because the Norwegian Royal Family was on board....

 

This dude is one of my commanders in game....:Smile-angry:

 

"Dude" in question is not Andrew Cunningham, who we have in game and who was at that time in the Mediterranean, but John Cunningham who was captain of cruiser HMS Devonshire.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,044 posts
6,249 battles
1 hour ago, 22cm said:

Very easy to fix this stupid CV class. Remove spotting for the team. A CV only spot for himself. Also, has to burn like normal ships.

"Pls report CV for poorly play, that stupid noob is attacking the water, again and again!!!!"

 

I don't think that idea is really helpfull.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,292 posts
19,999 battles
1 hour ago, Asakka said:

Yeah i dont think they need your money that much

Yeah thats right, you tell 'em boiiii :cap_like:

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NOWH]
Players
734 posts
5,882 battles

the wot radio mechanics would fix it.

planes go too far from teh cv, you get no spotting.

means the cv cant camp at the back of the map being useless.

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,292 posts
19,999 battles
Just now, SkollUlfr said:

the wot radio mechanics would fix it.

planes go too far from teh cv, you get no spotting.

means the cv cant camp at the back of the map being useless.

Owww that actually sounds nice :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,890 posts
2,549 battles
16 minutes ago, Europizza said:

Owww that actually sounds nice :D

Personally I'd go one step further - add it not only to planes but to all ships all together - if the ship doing the spotting is too far from you you won't get to see that target rendered as well! (I'd keep them showing on minimap tho to avoid confusion overload)

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,253 posts
245 battles
24 minutes ago, Elenortirion said:

Personally I'd go one step further - add it not only to planes but to all ships all together - if the ship doing the spotting is too far from you you won't get to see that target rendered as well! (I'd keep them showing on minimap tho to avoid confusion overload)

they do dat in wurld of danks. 

so if you go beyond render range or radio range (usually the former) then you won't see sod all.

 

dunno how they could do that in world of shipfus doe.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
939 posts
10,324 battles

INB4 thread obligatory lock about any form of discussion about CV's.

 

Delete this stupid class already. You should've gotten several hints about the playerbase who mains this class from WG; invinsible to fires and floodings, auto launch fighter planes when spotted, auto pilot mandatory, ability to surface spot any ship in the game in seconds, un-dodgable rocket strikes, easiest class to play of all of the other classes by a large margin etc etc.

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,362 posts
25,066 battles
16 minutes ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

INB4 thread obligatory lock about any form of discussion about CV's.

Maybe wg finally understands: no CV fixed = no money.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×