Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Latouche_Treville

Proposal for new achievement

8 comments in this topic

Players
1,077 posts
6,602 battles

It's not a record breaking score, but look at the damage received :

Spoiler

Egide_aigle_zero1.thumb.jpg.3b544cf09da87390d22d19c41a4a5cb3.jpgEgide_aigle_zero2.jpg.ca344d26eec16127315ce27f4cd19dad.jpgEgide_aigle_zero4.thumb.jpg.b71b489ff4cd8646dfbf8473734c4806.jpg

Should WG create a new achievement for this kind of occasions? And how should it be named?
Untouchable?
No one noticed me?
I'm not here?
Trompe La Mort?
Hey!Look there! It's Thandie Newton!
Nimble Ninja?

• Funny 1

Players
1,110 posts
12,613 battles

This is like not at all impressive. You havent taken any damage, but you may have not been detected the whole battle- theoretically- and simply driven by 4-5 torpedos

Players
1,077 posts
6,602 battles

I didn't meant to be impressive as i stated in the beginning of the first sentence of this topic.

99000 potential damages means i've been spotted and shooted at. It's the first time i take no damage in any kind of game mode.

Players
1,110 posts
12,613 battles

so theoretically itd be kinda cool to have a sort of ninja-achievement: don't get spotted the entire battle while dealing at least x damage and/or killing at least y ships. Buuuuuuut....... We have those campers even without achievements lol

its kinda cool to not take any damage, but i dont think an achievement in that direction would be a good thing (my opinion)

Players
1,875 posts
19,346 battles

I certainly would welcome more achievements in game, I for one would like a medal for when you get more Base XP as the best player on the loosing team than the best player on the winning team and call it Forlorn Hope.

However with the OPs suggested medal to avoid encouraging ever greater passivity in players the only way this particular idea might work would be if we copied something like WOTs Raider medal. Which is given to someone who caps the enemy base and has been undetected all battle. This way it also requires the player to actively play the game a possible but not one of the achievements I would make a top priority.

[KAKE]
Players
2,716 posts
6,681 battles

An achievement just for not taking damage would just encourage parking in a corner.

If they're going to have an achievenent for taking little damage, it should be based on ratio between damage taken and potential damage. A lot of potential damage to little damage taken is at least a measure of skill.

[NWP]
Players
2,991 posts
17,341 battles
1 hour ago, Latouche_Treville said:

99000 potential damages means i've been spotted and shooted at. 

No it doesn't. As @Isoruku_Yamamoto stated: you could have sailed past some torps, or you could have been close to a friendly ship getting shelled ....

Sign in to follow this