Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Execute0rder66

ST Hybrids

100 comments in this topic

Players
2,307 posts
31,630 battles

New BBs and cruisers coming up with aviation torps;

"In the near future, a new group of battleships and cruisers will be tested - hybrids. Their main feature is the ability to launch a squadron of planes. Launching and controlling them is done the same way as with aircraft carriers: by pressing a separate button. After launch, control is fully transferred to the squadron, and the ship may be controlled with autopilot. Hybrids won't have automatically activated consumables. 

Testing will be done with two ships, carrying torpedo bombers:

Japanese Tier VIII cruiser Tone;
Japanese Tier VI battleship Ise."

What is next, submarines with dive bomber planes?

• Funny 2
  • Angry 1

[JRM]
Players
7,089 posts

Well the hybrid CV designs were bound to come around at some point, no reason for WG not to implement them as the ship controlling part and plane flying part of the game while excluding one another being simultaneous dont really clash...

I guess in theory one can play a normal cruiser/BB and kite away after healing is needed when out of spot send planes and do some damage, might be esp fun in end game when you need to hunt down that one enemy that got away with red HP and the clock is ticking for his team...

Players
575 posts
26,530 battles

You may laugh, but that was exactly what the Japanese I400 was carrying. 3 Dive Bomber

I-401 am 15. September 1945

There where also Submarines with heavy Guns like the french Surcouf (N N 3) with 2X203mm Guns

Surcouf FRA.jpg

or the British HMS M1 with one 305mm Gun

HMS M1 from air starboard.jpg

• Cool 8

Players
2,307 posts
31,630 battles
Just now, doerhoff_damian said:

You may laugh, but that was exactly what the Japanese I400 was carrying. 3 Dive Bomber

I-401 am 15. September 1945

There where also Submarines with heavy Guns like the french Surcouf (N N 3) with 2X203mm Guns

Surcouf FRA.jpg

or the British HMS M1 with one 305mm Gun

HMS M1 from air starboard.jpg

And Yamato had double radar with 42km range guns. Are we going to talk about the game or real life history?

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
575 posts
26,530 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Execute0rder66 sagte:

Are we going to talk about the game or real life history?

So far it is not in the Game but that can change.

This is about Possibilities

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,089 posts

And in this game you would want to surface a sub and fire one 305 mm shell in a broadside of a T6+ ship revealing yourself and taking a cra**on of damage, because...?

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

It will be quite refreshing using hybrid ships that can lauch controlable planes. Obviously they won't be anywhere as effective with planes as CV and not anywhere as effective as real BB because main gun turrets will be missing. So you probably will have to work much harder to get near the normal score of both.

But ships don't need to be the latest "best of the best" to fit in game. Only different enough to make the game more interesting.

Players
1,302 posts
19,643 battles

Just what we needed, more planes!!! Screw tactics, screw planning, just pew pew pew... back to port, pick another ship, pew pew pew....

WG give us more mindless bashing of keys, more 5 min games, more 200 base xp players, more salt, more sh*tting on DDs, GIVE US MORE!!!!!!!! :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 12

[THESO]
Players
4,419 posts

I have no words for this. Absolutely none.

And its all because dumb community demanding stuff like this.

• Cool 8

Players
1,894 posts
19,449 battles

This is going to be 'Interesting' so I assume they will sail to a safe island spam out planes and then late game go back to battleship play style with full health. 

I am assuming they will also be counted as a standard BB by the match maker so could create a weird situation regarding team balance if a division of 2 or 3 of them are on one team. 

[TAOR]
Players
23 posts
2,853 battles
4 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

This is going to be 'Interesting' so I assume they will sail to a safe island spam out planes and then late game go back to battleship play style with full health. 

I am assuming they will also be counted as a standard BB by the match maker so could create a weird situation regarding team balance if a division of 2 or 3 of them are on one team. 

Imo they will be new class, as then they could restrict number of them in battle. And those plane wont be something you will use constantly, you will have like one squadron with 6 planes and maybe like 3 spare, they will be slow as they are hydroplanes and wont have CV HP imo. They will take time to be ready again. 

[RONIN]
Players
468 posts
4,284 battles
18 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I have no words for this. Absolutely none.

And its all because dumb community demanding stuff like this.

who asked for this? i didnt see any post about this.

players want battlecruisers

players want italian bbs

players want games without cvs

wargaming doesnt care, wargaming doesnt listen if anything they have proven with this class of some kind of cv that they dont listen

• Cool 10
  • Bad 2

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
6 minutes ago, HonibkrMaty said:

Imo they will be new class, as then they could restrict number of them in battle. And those plane wont be something you will use constantly, you will have like one squadron with 6 planes and maybe like 3 spare, they will be slow as they are hydroplanes and wont have CV HP imo. They will take time to be ready again. 

Too few in MM to do that and planes like that, imo, will be hard to balance between being utterly terrible and OP. Just like CV. 

Players
1,894 posts
19,449 battles
7 minutes ago, HonibkrMaty said:

True they will probably try to limit plane regeneration or the size of the air group so they are not a full carrier, we shall just have to wait and see how good WG are at balancing in that regard. 

However I seriously doubt they would make them a separate class, as it would slow down queue times too much. 

[BABBY]
Players
745 posts
10,999 battles
1 hour ago, Execute0rder66 said:

And Yamato had double radar with 42km range guns. Are we going to talk about the game or real life history?

And yet the longest shell hit recorded was what, 24km or so?

[BABBY]
Players
745 posts
10,999 battles
6 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

who asked for this? i didnt see any post about this.

There were plenty especially about Tone. Hybrid CV mechanics sucks though. Standard ship with gimmick plane consumable would be much better IMO. Fast CD, multiple charges, maybe fighter and spotter at the same time like US CLs have both hydro and defAA

[JRM]
Players
7,089 posts

Well any IRL combat situation between two (or more) actual ships in motion would really prevent any shots on those range other then pure accidental, 40 km of range might come into play for some stationary target shelling such as fort or whatnot, other then that well... :Smile_coin:

Players
2,307 posts
31,630 battles
10 minutes ago, BlackYeti said:

And yet the longest shell hit recorded was what, 24km or so?

You mean just because Yamato shells weren’t recorded they weren’t capable of firing the max range? Was Yamato and it’s guns a hoax? And how is this relevant to the topic unless you wanna keep derailing it?

[STEEL]
Players
660 posts
2 hours ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Japanese Tier VIII cruiser Tone;
Japanese Tier VI battleship Ise."

What is next, submarines with dive bomber planes?

As all those ships (including I-400) are IJN and historically existed, I love it! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[COMFY]
Players
1,412 posts
8,480 battles

People were asking for Tone and other hybrids since 2015.

They finally manage to put them somehow in game. People are overall negative.

I sometimes do not understand this community.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[STEEL]
Players
660 posts

Sounds like fun. I hope you can division up 3 of those to give CV a taste of their own poison, or at least keep them spotted so the team can lob shells at them from range. :Smile_smile:

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
18 minutes ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

People were asking for Tone and other hybrids since 2015.

They finally manage to put them somehow in game. People are overall negative.

I sometimes do not understand this community.

They just dislike everything that flies through the air that is not a devastating strike AP salvo or burning to the waterline HE salvo........they cannot be understood as it is irrational.

And if that is not irrational enough, then it is the fact they keep playing the game as it is obvious they will not get ( removal of planes ) what they want.

I have news for them : a developer of games like this will never stop introducing new and novel mechanics. A game needs that to remain relevant and attractive for most of the players. Submarines is not the last thing you will have to account with....and removal of planes a non-existent possibility. I can forsee sea mine laying will be introduced somewhere in future too. As that was a very important task many Destroyers and (ligh) Cruisers were busy with lots of their operational time. And many warships were sunk by them.

And to add to that : most if not all ships in game have the counter measure* already moddeled on their decks (!) which they have in common with DC racks and lauchers on DD far before word got out Subs would be in game.

*image.thumb.png.7fe7e06760712421159b15b94182ff2e.png

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this