You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
bokelund917

Bankrupt

46 comments in this topic

Players
9 posts
1,765 battles

Hello! Im looking for some insight in my current situation...
I am lacking 10 million credits to buy the next ship in the line im working on and i ran out of camos and signals

So i was thinking of using my coal (just 18k) to buy containers and get some signals and camos... In that case, what coal-bought container is best for that?
I mostly prefer camos and signals that increase my credit income

Players
10,203 posts
11,990 battles
3 minutes ago, bokelund917 said:

Hello! Im looking for som insight in my current situation...
I am lacking 10 million credits to buy the next ship in the line im working on and i ran out of camos and signals

So i was thinking of using my coal (just 18k) to buy containers and get some signals and camos... In that case, what coal-bought container is best for that?

Why are you rushing towards higher tiers, that is the question.

• Cool 10
  • Boring 1

[YEBOI]
Players
133 posts
12,457 battles

if you go bankrupt in the current economic situation you should probably start playing lower tiers tbh

save coal for coal ships

• Cool 12

[POP]
Players
637 posts
12,498 battles
2 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Why are you rushing towards higher tiers

Slightly higher chance of not having a carrier in game in higher tiers. Best and only reason to quickly hop to TX.

Players
10,203 posts
11,990 battles
Just now, Altsak said:

Slightly higher chance of not having a carrier in game in higher tiers. Best and only reason to quickly hop to TX.

Higher tier CVs will shat on you harder, besides "missing 10 million credits" sounds like tier 8 or 9, so well within capabilities of having maximum fun and engaging from Midway/Hakuryu. And those aren't exactly rare either.

• Cool 1

Players
2,523 posts
11 minutes ago, bokelund917 said:

You can use coupons to get +20% credits flags. I wouldn't get them without discount, though.

Coal even then is hardly worth being spent on credits.

If you decide to do that though, wait till you get Premium time from WG (there should be few days under current ongoing event) and use them in OPS, or on any T6-7 ship that gives you most wins.

In the meantime you can grind other lines in ops (Aegis / Narai).

And be patient. If you currently struggle for credits, it is going to be much worse in higher tiers.

Players
1,875 posts
8,191 battles

Play on tier 7 where you can make money. Your Blyska makes more money because she is a premium.  You can also sell your older ships and modules.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Players
10,203 posts
11,990 battles
1 minute ago, bokelund917 said:

I just want it because its swedish :D

oof.

And I mean BIG oof.

You've picked THE most difficult, or rather frustrating destroyer line I can think of. And your options for getting credits are:

-go back to lower tiers and farm credits there

-purchase premium account and/or premium ships

-basically git gud, as exp and credit rewards are tied to how well you play.

• Cool 5

[JRM]
Players
7,035 posts
20 minutes ago, bokelund917 said:

Doesnt pay off trust me, better buy a premium ship with that coal when you have enough of it

[PIKES]
Players
430 posts
10,087 battles

Don't spend coal for credits. Look first if you have something to sell (extra modules you don't need looking in the inventory as said @Ocsimano18 ) If you spend your coal you soon post something headed: I am bankrupt in coal....  Save the coal for ships, special captains ...

edited:

I am just seen this https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/marathon-with-gifts-and-a-festive-stream/

there you will have to find a way to earn some credits

[CATS]
Players
28,167 posts
14,910 battles

Use coal to get prermium ships.

You could just stay with your Blyska. Back in 2015, Blyska was my credit owner for half a year.

On the other hand, you really need to get better at this to earn real credits with her. Otherwise you are just wasting ressources.

Maybe get back at Tier V and practice more.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,155 posts
14,651 battles
1 hour ago, bokelund917 said:

Im looking for some insight in my current situation...

Firstly, as others have said, don't waste coal on signals; save it for premium ships - a signal can only be used once, whereas a coal ship can be used an infinite number of times (and will generate more silver than a standard tech tree ship, all things being equal).

Secondly, it's worth reviewing how the game's economy works and what generates silver (https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy); short version is do damage and win. A bit of refinement:

• In the above link, you'll find a section on service costs (you pay these every game): as you go up the tiers, your service costs increase; this obviously means you need to be generating more and more silver in games played to make a profit, and this is why one of the standard answers to silver woes is to drop back a tier or several.
  • The key driver of rewards (silver and xp) is damage; if you don't do good damage, your earnings will be poor. More specifically though, you want to be doing high % damage; 1K of damage to something with a small hp pool (a DD, say) will by rewarded more than doing exactly the same damage to something with a larger pool (BB, say). Ideally, do damage to things that are higher tier than you too - that'll boost your rewards further (and the reverse is true if you shoot lower tier things).
  • Win. Your earnings are boosted when you win, compared to losing; if you're losing a lot, you need to get better at the game, and that often means dropping back a tier or several.

Patience is a virtue with WOWS; the 'point' of the game is not to get to T10 as quickly as possible, and trying to do so can often result in serious issues (as you're discovering).

Suggested action points:

• Play a much wider range of ships, and do it at lower tier. Play all of DDs, cruisers, and BBs, and do it from a wide range of nations.
  • Be patient; wait until you're good enough to be generating consistent silver before moving up a tier.
  • Leave the Pan EU DDs alone until you're a lot better: I love these ships, but they are very hard to do well with; you need to get the hang of the Tao of DDs with more conventional types before trying to play a smokeless DD line.
  • Don't sell any ship (unless you hate it with the fire of a thousand suns, and possibly not even then) from maybe T6 upwards; every time you sell a ship you lose half of what you paid for it. It is far more sensible to wait until you can earn enough silver to buy the next ship in line without having to sell anything (do sell stock modules etc. once upgraded though - no point in keeping those). Bear in mind that - now and again - decent missions/rewards will come along that need the ships you previously sold, and you'll waste even more silver buying them back again.
  • The really crucial thing is to get better at the game; at the moment, you are simply not winning enough - do the things that will improve your WR (usually, don't die, and do damage) and the silver rewards will almost certainly follow.
  • Break wind in the general direction of nationalism; whilst there is nothing wrong with having the ships from whichever nation(s) you belong to, it's foolish to have this as your primary driver - play things that you can do well with now, and move to other things as your skill-set advances.
  • Pay attention to captains, and make sure yours are good enough; if you have poor captains, you will lose more often and/or get poorer rewards.

Sorry this is a bit blunt, but the game is built around the concept of 'encouraging' people to pay money if they suck at high tiers; every player needs to either get good enough to avoid the worst of this, stick to lower tiers, or throw money at the game.

• Cool 2

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

No need to sell ships, or do anything else, just play more ships till tier 7.

t8 is where economics start to fail.

do that and you will never be bankrupt again.

you can still play high tiers even the suicidal dds , those whom don-t spot crap as long you keep your lower tier ships providing the necessary income. 

• Cool 1

Players
3,432 posts

I'm in the same situation as the OP on my alt account, never realised the tier 7 was the money maker, now I know where I have been going wrong, lol

At least on this account the tier 9's can make some decent profits, shame co op did not pay out more, although I guess that is another avenue.

[ONE2]
Players
3,114 posts
23,078 battles
6 hours ago, bokelund917 said:

How this game works, is that you earn money in the low and middle tiers and lose it all quickly at high tiers. So just take your time to play some m,ore games in tiers 5-7 until you have the dough, then take 1 step higher. And of course, always make sure to get a permacamo for ships you play a lot. Those are the ones you will be getting most of your credits from. Totally works! :cap_like:

Of course, another thing you can do is to save the special signals, economic signals and camos that give you credit bonuses exclusively for the times you play high tiers (8+). But they too may cost money to acquire... So the best way to farm credits without investing cash is still to play mid-tiers. :cap_old:

[77MM]
Players
412 posts
14,590 battles

I'm a bit weird, and i actually like the research bureau - and replaying lower tiers (DD lines only).

But the major problem is that is does eat through a huge amount  of credits. I was up to about half a billion credits at one point before the RB. And now i'm usually below 10 million, all stock modules sold.

But yes the inventory is a good place to look. I think i had about 100 million credits in there.. It's painfully slow to sell stuff unfortunately, could really do with a "sell all stock modules" button

Players
3,295 posts
19,066 battles
14 hours ago, bokelund917 said:

might be but you should learn at least the basics before going above t8. 

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,973 posts
3,783 battles
14 hours ago, bokelund917 said:

Just play games, in your favorite ship for a while.

Play operations you can make decent credits there even after all the earnings nerfs WG have applied.

Play premium ships.

You will soon start to accumulate silver.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,659 posts
44,023 battles
On 9/11/2020 at 3:25 AM, Inappropriate_noob said:

I'm in the same situation as the OP on my alt account, never realised the tier 7 was the money maker, now I know where I have been going wrong, lol

At least on this account the tier 9's can make some decent profits, shame co op did not pay out more, although I guess that is another avenue.

Well Coop for the freemiums and T10 Premiums and T10 premiums w permacamo acn give decent profit/hour if you are good, play the right ship ex. DDs and have prem account. Even low tier premiums like T6 gives good money in randoms , Warspite f.e. if you perform decent.

I use to play T10s in coop o lot when I eat breakfast or talking in the phone w friends and play at the same time, its efficient. I will not play randoms and talk at the same time. But when you discuss say lates football games wih a friend for an hour or two and play 10-15 Coop games it gives me something without effort. Although I grind for Elite XP. First win bonus.

• Cool 1

Players
9 posts
1,765 battles

Sorry to bump this thread but i got a followup question... I got that next ship and wanted to retrain the commander from the previous ship but i do not get the option to spend doubloons or credits to do it faster, whats up with that?

[MIAO]
Players
1,505 posts
7,095 battles
5 minuti fa, bokelund917 ha scritto:

Sorry to bump this thread but i got a followup question... I got that next ship and wanted to retrain the commander from the previous ship but i do not get the option to spend doubloons or credits to do it faster, whats up with that?

near the button where you can add points to your captain