Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor

Enemy quick commands in battle chat

7 comments in this topic

Players
2,693 posts
21,696 battles

Hi,

I keep getting the occasional F-key quick message from an enemy player in my battle chat, like the "Well Done" message (F11?). Is that a bug or a feature? Or a mod even? And if it's a feature, how do I do that? Cause just hitting the F key in the general battle chat (=the white one where messages go to both teams) does not seem to be doing it.

Players
111 posts
13,535 battles
42 minutes ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

Cause just hitting the F key in the general battle chat (=the white one where messages go to both teams) does not seem to be doing it. 

Yes it does, but only with certain F-keys: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Controls#Quick_Commands_.28Quick_Messages.29

And you have to leave chat first.

• Cool 1

Players
2,693 posts
21,696 battles

Fantastic! So WG is providing players with a great, anti-intuitive way to spread sarcasm and bile, intentionally or unintended, and I suppose it doesn't even count as chat abuse. Really a stellar achievement.

Sometimes I think they should stop censoring the chat altogether, let players say whatever they want and work it out amongst themselves. Take a leaf out of Rust's book etc.

Players
2,693 posts
21,696 battles

I noticed it sooner but never wondered enough to bother finding out. I suppose the recent increase in chat bans spurred my curiosity. Players are obviously using the quick commands with a corresponding increase in frequency to circumvent getting chat banned while still being able to insult others through sarcastic use.

Also it's more like 30k battles counting all my other accounts.

[I-J-N]
Players
5,489 posts
4 hours ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

Fantastic! So WG is providing players with a great, anti-intuitive way to spread sarcasm and bile, intentionally or unintended, and I suppose it doesn't even count as chat abuse. Really a stellar achievement.

Sometimes I think they should stop censoring the chat altogether, let players say whatever they want and work it out amongst themselves. Take a leaf out of Rust's book etc.

Well yes and no. It's possible to use them sarcastically or non-sarcastically. Same as the typed equivalent 'GG'. Personally, I use 'good game' both ways... but don't tell anyone. However, the F10 command I never use sarcastically. I mean it as a compliment either to my team, team mate, or the enemy team.

Sign in to follow this