You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
Crysantos

Changes in Asymmetric Battle - 10/09/2020

32 comments in this topic

WG Staff
3,413 posts
14,801 battles

Commanders!

We have increased the number of battle tokens required to go into the Asymmetric battle on tier VII-VIII ships. Now the required amount of tokens will be 450.
We have also reduced the number of battle tokens you get daily upon first login from 1000 to 800.

Good luck in battles!

Players
870 posts

I didn't have any problems with the battles, win some loose some depending on what my team did, got around 12000 Tokens sat there now, I just lost interest when I realisd they were the flag box container rewards. personally they just don't float my boat. . Just a bit of coal would have been spicy, Just a Minions Opinions :Smile_honoring:

[LEAKS]
Players
237 posts
9,908 battles
2 hours ago, Crysantos said:

We have increased the number of battle tokens required to go into the Asymmetric battle on tier VII-VIII ships. Now the required amount of tokens will be 450.

Why?

Weekend Tester
1,330 posts
34,647 battles

It won't change much for me. So I will collect the daily tokens over the next couple of days. And finish the mission, still by only playing HT. You are asking for base exp. And picking the superior winning team is the way to go. Plus I like winning.

[MIAO]
Players
1,513 posts
7,176 battles
2 ore fa, Crysantos ha scritto:

We have also reduced the number of battle tokens you get daily upon first login from 1000 to 800.

little but why??

[MIAO]
Players
1,513 posts
7,176 battles
34 minuti fa, AlwaysBadLuckWithTeams ha scritto:

It won't change much for me. So I will collect the daily tokens over the next couple of days. And finish the mission, still by only playing HT. You are asking for base exp. And picking the superior winning team is the way to go. Plus I like winning.

i met you in battle yesterday

[LEAKS]
Players
237 posts
9,908 battles

5 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Still want to know, why.

Beta Tester
2,061 posts
5,159 battles
12 hours ago, Tatsfield said:

Still want to know, why.

Sounds like more T8s than low tiers are being used because atm the advantage is for the T8 side.

[_GRE_]
Players
11 posts

Asymmetric battle are all battles in Random,when the 6 tier fight with 8 tier and when the 8 tier fight with 10 tier.This injustice WOW has not been remedied.

is the only reason I rate this game with a bad grade.

Players
1,389 posts
16,575 battles
Am 11.9.2020 um 12:27, Figment sagte:

Sounds like more T8s than low tiers are being used because atm the advantage is for the T8 side.

Pretty sure that's the issue, I was away for a week so I missed the first days + login tokens. Played like 10 games today all in t8 ships. No round where the high tier had a single bot, only one round where the low tier side had none. Quite a few rounds that had only one or two real players one the other team. 

But I'm not surprised, because :

1. Most people don't like to be bottom tiered in a match anyway 

2. The whole mission chain favors playing t8. With more targets for fewer ships its easier to get 500k damage, you have more ships to sink and with the higher chance of winning you get the base xp easier. 

Baffles me really why with the new mission system we didn't get separate ones. 

Say 500k damage with t7-8 or 250k damage with t5-6.

Weekend Tester
1,330 posts
34,647 battles

I take it all back. It's perfectly balanced out. All it takes is bloody useless week end casual noobs. Do you have any *ing idea how hard you have to try to *ing lose such a match?????? JFC. And WG, I wouldn't smirk. Having such a stupid, uneducated player base is nothing to be proud of. It is a SHAME you don't teach and people don't have to learn. Except how to buy pixel boats and loot boxes with daddy's credit card of course.

shot-20.09.12_17.35.27-0536.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
1,389 posts
16,575 battles

I treat the whole event the same as the previous stuff like space battles and whatever we had in the past. Play it for the rewards as along as the cost benefit ratio fits for me and then stop caring. 

The only beef I have with this one is that the way it develops was totally predictable and it wouldn't have been to hard to steer players with "or" missions, that are easier to achieve if you go for the low tier ships.... Would cut down on the amount of bots needed for the matches... 

• Cool 1

Players
375 posts
On 9/10/2020 at 5:50 PM, Crysantos said:

Commanders!

Good luck in battles!

Why have tokens at all if the tier VIII side commonly loses ? This was the change nobody asked for, needed, or wanted, ever. 

[SHAFT]
Players
1,201 posts
24,648 battles

Boring mode and the fact that teams get filled with bots doesn't make for anything balanced.

• Cool 1

Players
398 posts
7 hours ago, tsounts said:

Boring mode and the fact that teams get filled with bots doesn't make for anything balanced.

The composition doesnt make it balanced period, having high tier with 1 CV+ 1 DD + rest BB vs low tier 5 DD + 2 CV + 2 BB + rest CA means its cancer, not because Dur Dur CVs are OP but because the low tier just needs to eliminate the DD and then the BBs are going to be stealth torped ... the high tier CV can do little as is gets stuck with having to not only spot DDs that likely spread out in different vectors but also self-defense.

The only advantage I seen with high tier team is when its Killer Whale map simply because the low tier team have to rush into a entrenched position with few entry points, other maps allow too much freedom of movement were either team can flank the other.

[HF_30]
Players
7 posts
10,186 battles

What a sjitty gameplay. I wouldn't even recommend this to my enemies. Too many bots and when with bots, u're shure to lose...

[LEAKS]
Players
237 posts
9,908 battles

References to bots are actually not relevant to the quality of the battles that could be fought if there was full utilisation of the mode.  Without bots the intesest is in the various imbalances and how to overcome disadvantages.  There are too many players who want absolutely perfect balance between teams as if it was some kind of artificial football match.  The excitement of warfare is to see what advantages and disadvantages you have and how to play to your strengths and overcome the enemy through his weakness.  The whiners would complain about playing poker as they wouldn't be guaranteed an exactly equal hand to their opponents!   This preoccupation with "fairness" is ridiculous in game where, for money, you can buy  better ships than others, presumably so that you have some sort of advantage over them.  What's so fair about that?

[MIAO]
Players
1,513 posts
7,176 battles
23 ore fa, Khaba_Gandalf ha scritto:

I treat the whole event the same as the previous stuff like space battles and whatever we had in the past. Play it for the rewards as along as the cost benefit ratio fits for me and then stop caring. 

The only beef I have with this one is that the way it develops was totally predictable and it wouldn't have been to hard to steer players with "or" missions, that are easier to achieve if you go for the low tier ships.... Would cut down on the amount of bots needed for the matches... 

space battles were way too fun

Beta Tester
2,061 posts
5,159 battles
On 9/12/2020 at 9:30 PM, rimmer_the said:

Do you even play this mode ?

Yes. The T8 side tends to be a lot easier to win after they adjusted the balance. Or are you someone who has a lot of issues with for example 7 T7-8s vs 9 T5-6, of which 8 ships might be bots as I've encountered 4 times so far. Who would play T5/6 under such potential conditions?

This discrepency is too common. If it were "balanced" in any way for random matches, the other side would have at the least lost some ships. In this, the difference of two ships, including a CV facing higher tier AA cruisers simply doesn't work. I'm usually top scorer on either winning or losing team, regardless of class of ship. I know when I have an easy or hard time. In this case, you have a number of instagibbing ships, radar and a better dueling DD on one side with virtually the same amount of players on each side. This is nowhere NEAR balanced, so the question is indeed...

Do you even play this mode?

AssymBalance3.png

AssymBalance4.png

[SHAFT]
Players
357 posts
4,375 battles

I've only played T8/T7 ships at the moment and apart from one where I took my Graf Zeppelin for a spin (I don't play CVs, was a bad idea) I've won every game.

Think the T8 side has a pretty strong advantage if the players are slightly competent.

[MIAO]
Players
1,513 posts
7,176 battles
Alle 12/9/2020 alle 22:06, tsounts ha scritto:

always (ALWAYS except a bot  i met last time) there were no bots at t8 or t6 whatsoever, and i played t8 mostly

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,776 posts
21,220 battles

So now low tiers is mostly bots vs. high tier humans. Great job WG.

• Cool 2

Players
870 posts
11 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

So now low tiers is mostly bots vs. high tier humans. Great job WG. 

And Bots bringing :etc_swear: . Emeralds FGS

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,061 posts
5,159 battles
On 9/15/2020 at 11:32 AM, motor_g_b said:

And Bots bringing :etc_swear: . Emeralds FGS

That's not even the biggest issue, I've noticed bots are sometimes exclusively T5, even if you bring 8 bots to the party facing 4-5 T8.

• Cool 2