Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kapnobathrac

Battles to tier X ratio

28 comments in this topic

Players
400 posts

I'm the kind of player that everyone hates who skipped most ships and freexpd or farmed quickly with special flags.

I sit at around 3700 battles with around 15-17(dunno)  tier X and a WR of 54% only solo random matches.

Unrelated to the topic, I only know how to play at tier 8-10 and have no idea about how lower tiers work or what ships do. I should by skipping the basics sit at 45% according to people who hate freexpers but somehow I managed not to be a a complete waste of space .

What's your battle count to tier X ratio

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[CATS]
Players
28,086 posts
14,885 battles

That is no ratio.

I think it took me over 1000 (probably around 1600) battles to my first Tier X back in 2015 by playing all lines in parallel.

• Cool 3

[SHAFT]
Players
10,990 posts
9,445 battles

5200 random games (overall games to the left)

18 TXs - 6 of those are Premiums.

But TX is also one of my least played Tiers

image.png.3183b24d27cd4769cd788c6b5312d415.png

Only T1-3 have less. In general i think, its the most unfun tier overall, because especially bad players seem to think its the "endgame" and they do nothing else but play TX and ruin the game.

• Cool 2

[RONIN]
Players
457 posts
4,236 battles

the finish line is not important its the journey that counts. same as life you wouldnt like to skip your 20s to go to 80s , enjoy every line to tier 10.

i like every line up to tier 8, after that game becomes a camp fest and people raging at each others. 

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
175 posts
10,474 battles

I started playing in CBT and back than we had to really grind to a tier X and that took a long time like ColonelPete said.
I started out with the Shima and Zao, Yama, Montana, Des Mones, Gearing etc.

But my ration is  29,4% in tier X ships all but the CV's. 

I have 13 tier X's. 
I got a few free XP/coal ships like the Smolensk and and the rest is not tier X like the Jean Bart, Musashi and the Thunderer.

I am an average player at best with my 49,24% winrate but I am not a loner, I like the teamplay if it happens, if not? To bad, I just sail on my own and have fun as best I can.

Cheers! 

• Cool 1

Players
313 posts
14,864 battles

Only one to skip is tier 1-4, fun already starts at tier5, if you cant have fun in tier 5-9 that's the problem of you, not the game.

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,215 posts
17,593 battles

15,527 games. Of which 30 are Tier X. 

The problem is that there aren't very many Tier X ships I actually want*, due to many being ahistorical, as well as expensive to acquire. It's easier to play fun ships and get the coal for a Musashi, JB, Thunderer than grind out hundreds of thousands of Free XP and millions of credits for a Seattle or Worcester.

* I was thinking about this the other day. I was going to buy an Alaska with Free XP but it fell out of a summer crate, so now I've got a million Free XP to spend on finishing some lines. But I'm not that excited about anything above Tier VIII. So I will probably finish the Japanese, French and British DD lines and have done with it. Nothing else appeals.

• Cool 1

Players
3,962 posts
5,268 battles
2 hours ago, kapnobathrac said:

I'm the kind of player that everyone hates who skipped most ships and freexpd or farmed quickly with special flags.

I sit at around 3700 battles with around 15-17(dunno)  tier X and a WR of 54% only solo random matches.

Unrelated to the topic, I only know how to play at tier 8-10 and have no idea about how lower tiers work or what ships do. I should by skipping the basics sit at 45% according to people who hate freexpers but somehow I managed not to be a a complete waste of space .

What's your battle count to tier X ratio

Why freexping would be bad? if some player have nothing else to spend their free EXP don't see why spending that EXP on lines would be bad.

[KAKE]
Players
2,710 posts
6,663 battles

Hm. Currently sitting at 470 out of 5306, or about 8.9%

It's probably gone up quite a bit over the last six months or so. I've been playing a lot more T10 than I otherwise would to finish the unique upgrade missions before they expire.

Players
400 posts
40 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Why freexping would be bad? if some player have nothing else to spend their free EXP don't see why spending that EXP on lines would be bad.

I mean people who jump to premiums and farm xp then convert said Xp to jump to tier X without going through the basics. In my experience playing 10,000 battles in tier X will lead to you being better at playing tier X than having 10.000 battles across all tiers.

like Mohammed Ali said “and idiot who does the same thing over and over again will eventually get good at said thing” or something like that

Players
400 posts
1 minute ago, Bumblenit said:

OP so you decided everyone should know your WR and say... wow that guy is great, or what's the point with this thread? 

The point is to know how many tier X one has in relation to battle count.

the point with the WR is not to brag,54 % isn’t something special. It’s about not needing to learn mechanics at lower tiers. You put a moron at tier X and eventually he’ll get good at it.

[KAKE]
Players
2,710 posts
6,663 battles

Ah, I thought you were talking about ratio between TX battles and battles in total.

Erm, as mentioned I have 5306 (random) battles (plus a handful ranked sprint) and I'm currently sitting on 9 TX ships (soon to be 10, I'm one decent random battle away from unlocking the Daring).

Of the ones I have, five are tech tree ships and four are "speshul" (one is a former tech tree ship, though).

Players
3,280 posts
19,937 battles
38 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

The point is to know how many tier X one has in relation to battle count.

the point with the WR is not to brag,54 % isn’t something special. It’s about not needing to learn mechanics at lower tiers. You put a moron at tier X and eventually he’ll get good at it.

Yeah and until he does, its a pain to have him/her on your team. Especially if there's loads of them. So what's the point again?

• Cool 3

Players
400 posts
5 minutes ago, Europizza said:

Yeah and until he does, its a pain to have him/her on your team. Especially if there's loads of them. So what's the point again?

Aren’t just as many bad people who played through all tiers? It’s not like it’s hard to farm xp in wows.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,350 posts
26,186 battles
57 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

It’s about not needing to learn mechanics at lower tiers. You put a moron at tier X and eventually he’ll get good at it.

Make your stats public and maybe then i believe you.

Right now you are claiming something by using another claim to prove 1st claim without proof.

[CATS]
Players
28,086 posts
14,885 battles
3 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

Aren’t just as many bad people who played through all tiers? It’s not like it’s hard to farm xp in wows.

There is an average skill level per Tier.

One might not believe it, but the average skill level increases each Tier.

Someone who progresses slowly will face a smaller skill difference, than someone jumping to high Tier quickly and learning there.

For some people the skill gap and frustration is so big, that they do not really learn and just repeat the same mistakes over and over again.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
14,723 battles
4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

...by playing all lines in parallel.

And i though i was the only one doing that....:Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

Players
3,962 posts
5,268 battles
1 hour ago, kapnobathrac said:

I mean people who jump to premiums and farm xp then convert said Xp to jump to tier X without going through the basics. In my experience playing 10,000 battles in tier X will lead to you being better at playing tier X than having 10.000 battles across all tiers.

like Mohammed Ali said “and idiot who does the same thing over and over again will eventually get good at said thing” or something like that

I see your opinion as a good one only in scenario if that XY player who wanna skip to TX ship with free EXP have low or none experience in playing TX battles. Otherwise, if some XY player is familiar and knows how to handle TX ships, free exping the line is not bad.

Respect to Muhammad Ali.

[2PTS]
Players
176 posts
38,981 battles

32 tier 10s took me over 1k battles to grind my first tier10 which was the hindy but i play the khaba a lot out of 11.306 tier 10 battles image.thumb.png.c96ba193cecd84e780e65d1ceedf19e8.png

over 4k are with khaba  image.thumb.png.0368f6f11cc448f3ac55d6ebf4f41e42.png

not goin to convert 73 million xp LOLs image.png.4275329fea2b0d5c69446cbba3dbebda.png

ofc khaba alone has almost 20milion xp ahahahhaha    image.png.095e48b46d6b9a7dcf852749793e35fd.png

• Funny 1

Players
3,280 posts
19,937 battles
1 hour ago, kapnobathrac said:

I don't know. Do you? I do know ppl level up way too quickly, and the gameplay quality suffers from that. I don't blame the players though, it's WG doing this to their own game.

Beta Tester
1,716 posts
17,972 battles
Vor 5 Stunden, DFens_666 sagte:

In general i think, its the most unfun tier overall, because especially bad players seem to think its the "endgame" and they do nothing else but play TX and ruin the game.

Had the same thought. Seems only logic to play tier 9 nowadays as the gameplay is already similar. They should make tier 10 same tier battles only. This would then indeed be the sink for the believers of end game content. Meanwhile the rest of us can enjoy the game at tier 9.

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,722 posts
24,965 battles

40 t10's, 5204 randoms (17743 randoms total), most played tier with relation of appr. 1:3,5.... that now, besides me having grinded the old missions for legendary upgrades maybe on each ship possible ^^, does tell exactly woat?! :Smile_unsure:

[YEBOI]
Players
133 posts
12,423 battles

61% of battles in T10. Rushed for the Yamato followed by Hinden and Gearing :cap_haloween:

It's hard learning on T10, probs even harder today than it was back then.

Sign in to follow this