Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
charliecho

Take away the [edited]0 damage penetrarion!!!!

22 comments in this topic

Players
16 posts
8,560 battles

Do something with the 0 damage penetrarion model. This is a piece of *****. I did 3 penetrartion and 1 over pen with my Mushasi in a G Kurfürst and i saw 1480 damage. Use your brain when you do something like this.Totaly enugh you *****ing RNG shoots.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,102 posts
9,497 battles

Turret/barbette penetration?

But i think they want to change that, so it deals atleast overpen damage, which i think is good.

• Cool 3

Players
10,222 posts
11,997 battles
19 minutes ago, charliecho said:

Do something with the 0 damage penetrarion model. This is a piece of *****. I did 3 penetrartion and 1 over pen with my Mushasi in a G Kurfürst and i saw 1480 damage. Use your brain when you do something like this.Totaly enugh you *****ing RNG shoots.

Lo and behold

Przechwytywanie.png

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/bulletin-099/#other-changes

• Cool 1

Players
16 posts
8,560 battles

I dont really care. Doing many stupid steps. I see the WG really wanna chasing away the player base.
Somany braindead players and RNG shoots. Then comme this one too.  This a little bit overkill how protect the noobs.
Actually i did 6x times 0 damage penatration at this G. Kurfürst. And dont know how many rico.
I shooted only the G. Kurfüst. As you see 20 hits and 20K damage. No comment.

shot-20.09.10_13.24.03-0526.jpg

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
11,102 posts
9,497 battles
8 minutes ago, charliecho said:

As you see 20 hits and 20K damage.

Hmm i dunno... maybe learning armor models could help? Because GK can basicly bowtank Yamasushi since its not covered in 32mm, only a very small tip at the bow.

Shooting the Massa or Musashi would have yielded much better results.

• Cool 3

Players
10,222 posts
11,997 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

Hmm i dunno... maybe learning armor models could help? Because GK can basicly bowtank Yamasushi since its not covered in 32mm, only a very small tip at the bow.

Shooting the Massa or Musashi would have yielded much better results.

Are you actually suggesting to "learn to play"? Are you nuts?:cap_fainting:

/s

• Funny 7
  • Angry 1

Players
191 posts
3,456 battles
8 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

maybe learning armor models could help?

No point since no matter what this game does what it wants....

Just yesterday, I playd my Des Moines, and hit the broadside of a cruiser and I get overpens and do little damage, I shoot and hit it again and with the very next shot, same angle, same distance, shell landing in the same place, I hit the citadel and do double damage.

Perfectly logical, right?

The game does what the game wants to do, if it chooses to throw you a bone, then it will, no matter the angle, penetration, armor, shell type, distance, shell velocity, etc, it doesn't matter, this is all immaterial details.

[SHAFT]
Players
11,102 posts
9,497 battles
24 minutes ago, Bad_Mojo_incoming said:

No point since no matter what this game does what it wants....

Just yesterday, I playd my Des Moines, and hit the broadside of a cruiser and I get overpens and do little damage, I shoot and hit it again and with the very next shot, same angle, same distance, shell landing in the same place, I hit the citadel and do double damage.

Perfectly logical, right?

The game does what the game wants to do, if it chooses to throw you a bone, then it will, no matter the angle, penetration, armor, shell type, distance, shell velocity, etc, it doesn't matter, this is all immaterial details.

Well... not exactly, alltho i do understand what you want to say.

But shooting a Bow-on GK in any ship would mostly result in bounces (armor) or shatters/pens (turrets) maybe overpens/pens on the superstructure. So bounces are the expected result, and thats what you get most of the time. You cant expect to get citadels because it shouldnt work. Doesnt mean that it wont happen, ive seen it often enough.

As for broadside shots:

I have no idea whats going on, but lately it seems extremely weird where shells go. F.e. i shoot waterline for citadels, my shells frequently end up in the superstructure, even at close quarter engagements. But if i aim at the upper belt/superstructure because i cant get citadels, suddenly the shells land in the citadel belt and i get shatters.

Totaly bugged or whatever

Players
16 posts
8,560 battles

This is not over the armor. As you can see the situation is fix. I penatrate 3 time but no damage. So you crashed the ship but no. [edited]logic. To me is something like when you see the citadel ribbon but you deal 0 damage. Sounds cool ye?

Actually i wanna see any developer anserw for this unlogic step. I wanna know why puted in the game. Couse this is not funn. Somhow the players svalow down the RNG shoots ( full broadside 6km BB and my shells not hit ) but combine with this.... This simply f**k the players. Nathing more for me.

• Bad 1

[AAO]
Players
1,597 posts
21,235 battles
13 minutes ago, charliecho said:

This is not over the armor. As you can see the situation is fix. I penatrate 3 time but no damage. So you crashed the ship but no. [edited]logic.

You almost certainly hit and penetrated his turrets and/or barbettes, which have their own HP pool. (you're kind of unlucky not to get an incapacitation out of this).

You might disagree with that model and WG are literally addressing it with the next patch, but let's be honest i'm pretty sure you'll still have gripes with only getting 10% dmg on those hits rather than 33%.

Players
2,382 posts

So as infuriating as it is when it happens to you, how happy would you be being on the receiving end of said shells?

Works both ways..

Nothing to see guys move along.

Players
313 posts
14,951 battles

Actually i really love this change, but take a note, now turret sniping will be much more viable and now a lot of time you will be playing without some turret, i always avoided shooting bow on ships turrets and always aim for superstructure as all good players do if they have loaded AP and big guns but the one that cant overmatch bow. A lot of exemple, like how you fight bow on Baltimore in your Bismark, you cant overmatch his bow so your either shot Ap at superstructure for overpen or chose pathetic HE. But now use Ap as usual, aim for turrets instead of Superstructure, get same overpen dmg but now with high chance of knocking his turret.

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,542 posts
9,549 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Ok. Then why make a topic? :cap_yes:

Because reading patch notes requires one to be litterate.

• Cool 2

[MUMMY]
Players
570 posts
10,106 battles

Personally for me I find zero damage penetrations a useful distraction, akin to shouting squirrel/cat/walkies/etc around a dog. 

I can neither confirm nor deny that I bark/growl/pee on the rug whilst dealing out zero damage pens. 

Zero damage penetrations provide respite, they are something else to be annoyed about/distracted by until the enemy CV comes back with a fresh squad of planes.  

[BGNAV]
Players
192 posts
21,129 battles
On 9/10/2020 at 1:59 PM, charliecho said:

Maybe read the devblog and patch notes for each update from time to time?

• Cool 1

Players
191 posts
3,456 battles
19 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

No, simply the game does what the game wants, as I said.

There are some general things you can learn and some things that generally work as they should, but it all comes down to what the game decides.

If it wants to throw you a bone then you will get a bone, and when it feels like screwing you, then....you'd better have the lubricant ready cause you are GETTING screwed, struggle as you may.

Players
159 posts
3,764 battles

WHAT? Barbette penetration is doing 0 dmg? And it is planned that it will be doing overpen damage?

If anything, barbette penetration should do full citadel damage (and turret pen full pen damage). This part was so much armoured for a reason, hit there could do massive damage. In fact more than citadel penetration in many places on modern (all or nothing armor scheme) warships.

Now I understand why bow on is such a safe position...

Players
619 posts
1,927 battles

Currently you can disable the turrets, which is hysterically funny; the other player cant shoot at you and cant turn 'cause then they'll be showing broadside and get blapped/deleted........:cap_cool:

Apparently (I haven't read the patch notes) you will aslo do damage to the ship's HP pool.....

:cap_popcorn:

[SWAMP]
Players
582 posts
3,433 battles
23 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Well... not exactly, alltho i do understand what you want to say.

But shooting a Bow-on GK in any ship would mostly result in bounces (armor) or shatters/pens (turrets) maybe overpens/pens on the superstructure. So bounces are the expected result, and thats what you get most of the time. You cant expect to get citadels because it shouldnt work. Doesnt mean that it wont happen, ive seen it often enough.

As for broadside shots:

I have no idea whats going on, but lately it seems extremely weird where shells go. F.e. i shoot waterline for citadels, my shells frequently end up in the superstructure, even at close quarter engagements. But if i aim at the upper belt/superstructure because i cant get citadels, suddenly the shells land in the citadel belt and i get shatters.

This is likely the vertical dispersion working against you.
There is of course always some circular error probable in play as to where shells land, but in ships with rather low vertical dispersion (like the Thunderer) I notice that shells falling short or far is much less of an issue, netting me more reliable cits.
Nagato (and as far as I understand, Yamato) on the other hand was a royal pain in that regard, even though she is hailed as a "sniper" for accurate shots.
Even in a sub 8 km engagement against a relatively flat broadside, the shells won't always land where they're advertised as she has some ridiculous vertical dispersion even though the horizontal one is good.

It could of course also be that you have your guns locked onto the wrong target, but based on your stats I'm pretty sure you're not falling into that trap.

Sign in to follow this