Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
13stepsahead

Throw the anker

12 comments in this topic

[REBRN]
Players
4 posts
2,350 battles

Hey guys,

From time to time i get into situations where some ship gets behind an island and because of it being undetected you guess wrong and it goes the other way you expected causing you to never be able to hit it again. Or i'm about to slip out of a cap due to not paying attention (yes i'm a total noob). 

Wouldn't a 'throw the anker' tactic be awesome to deal with those situations? 

You can only do it once every game and you take damage for doing so but it acts as an instant brake, or slows you down significantly. This way you can have a chance to make up for your mistake but with a penalty. 

Maybe it could be an interesting tactic?

Thx in advance for the responses

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,097 posts
5,462 battles

Anchors don't work that way, all that pulling the trick you're talking about doing (ala Battleship) is cost you anchor.

[REBRN]
Players
4 posts
2,350 battles

That's why you can do it only once and take damage. 

But i will admit it might be rediculous. Just something that came to mind when i screwed up again :)

Thx for the replies anyways guys, you have solid points i have to admit

and good to know it's anchor not anker in English :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

Well, it worked against a tug boat.

But if we get pass that video, you still have the type of ocean floor and if you got lucky doing the high speed turn you wouldn't be able to maintain that manoeuvre because the recovering the anchor would take substantial more time.

And after all of these jerking and pulling around you wouldn't be able to recover the anchor nor release the anchor and you would be stuck there if the ship wouldn't break in half first...

Broadsiding the other guy.

Plus to perform that manoeuvring your ship had to be at very high speeds 

• Funny 1

[REBRN]
Players
4 posts
2,350 battles

I do like that scene but in reality that would probably kill or seriously hurt all sailors on the ship. The instant brake would have most fly into steel walls.  And as you say the ship would maybe brake in half if the anchor catches a solid rock. 

Ah well it seemed cool..

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,097 posts
5,462 battles
52 minutes ago, 13stepsahead said:

I do like that scene but in reality that would probably kill or seriously hurt all sailors on the ship. The instant brake would have most fly into steel walls.  And as you say the ship would maybe brake in half if the anchor catches a solid rock. 

Ah well it seemed cool..

You just don't get it do you? The only thing that would brake (sic) is the anchor chain and fittings, not the ship.

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this