Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Matty814

Georgia or Pommern?

45 comments in this topic

[BAD-A]
Players
53 posts
5,839 battles

Hi all,

It's that time again where I have enough coal with my coupon to get a new Premium from the armory. I originally had Jean Bart on my list but had stop playing since the whole PR dockyard thing and have returned to find that she has been removed (RIP). So I have been eyeing up the other two T9 coal premiums. What are peoples general thoughts on which is better? I know it is a difficult question as it depends on peoples preferences and play styles but thought I'd ask anyway.

TIA

[SM0KE]
Players
6,117 posts
14,594 battles

I'm dreadful in both, but GA may well be more fun; quite apart from anything else, out-running (some) DDs never gets old.

Players
844 posts

Georgia, or save a bit more coal and get Thunderer before it gets replaced by one of the Chinese style ships they're churning out Junk I think they call them.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,097 posts
5,462 battles
26 minutes ago, motor_g_b said:

Georgia, or save a bit more coal and get Thunderer before it gets replaced by one of the Chinese style ships they're churning out Junk I think they call them.

This, so very much this.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,097 posts
5,462 battles
40 minutes ago, HansRoaming said:

Much better and fun ship?

Not so sure about better, but Thunderer is certainly worth every lump of coal WG asks for her.

Can't speak either way for Georgia as I don't have a one.

• Cool 2

[BRITS]
Beta Tester
378 posts
7,936 battles
5 hours ago, motor_g_b said:

I also second this. Thunderer has been in the armory for a long time and a very fun ship, great accuracy, monster HE and good AP,  457mm which allows you to overmatch 30mm of armor, 23 sec reload with reload module.

Also you can get Georgia and Pommern with real money. I got my Georgia with a -30% coupon.

Also, if you already have the Tirpitz, Pommern only bring hydro and even more inaccurate guns. It is, however, the best BB at tier 9 for ranked sprint.

Players
468 posts
6,276 battles

Georgia is fun, though it can be frustrating. I have her built for secondaries and it's a barrel of laughs. Oftentimes I have secondaries trained on a BB while sniping cruisers. Also, many DD don't expect a rain of fire from 11 km. Getting close is tricky, though, and can end your fun swiftly.

I don't have the Pommern. I have Thunderer and wish I had the coal back.

Players
468 posts
6,276 battles
4 minutes ago, Origin47 said:

Also, if you already have the Tirpitz, Pommern only bring hydro and even more inaccurate guns. It is, however, the best BB at tier 9 for ranked sprint.

I'm going to say that Georgia does the job just as well. Sov. Soyuz also, if not better.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,722 posts
24,965 battles

kinda funny to me how people seem to underestimate that shorter heal cd on and on. it's kinda op imho. in other words: there's no "which 1st" 4 me, theres massa/georgia/ohio and then there comes any other bb.

Players
195 posts
2,754 battles
6 hours ago, Vivi_Ornitier said:

One has great secondaries and tankiness (kinda). 

The other has great secondaries, great main guns, speed boost, fast heal. 

U forgot to add the fact that Pommern's selling points are having access to both Torps and Hydro.

• Cool 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,097 posts
5,462 battles
12 minutes ago, Communist_Loli said:

U forgot to add the fact that Pommern's selling points are having access to both Torps and Hydro.

Not to mention the German turtlebaka™

• Funny 1

Players
2,299 posts
31,404 battles
7 hours ago, Matty814 said:

Hi all,

It's that time again where I have enough coal with my coupon to get a new Premium from the armory. I originally had Jean Bart on my list but had stop playing since the whole PR dockyard thing and have returned to find that she has been removed (RIP). So I have been eyeing up the other two T9 coal premiums. What are peoples general thoughts on which is better? I know it is a difficult question as it depends on peoples preferences and play styles but thought I'd ask anyway.

TIA

You can't compare Georgia to Pommern. Georgia is a much better ship. 

Players
1,936 posts
13,559 battles

Unless you have a clear preference over one ship, it's usually a good idea to go for the oldest ship that's been available, in case it gets removed.

Also, Georgia.

• Cool 3

[SHAD]
Players
2,913 posts
12,610 battles

If you haven’t bought Thunderer, buy her.

Georgia and Pommern are both good but Georgia is more unique and super fast with accurate guns. Georgia is a much better ship at longer ranges but loses in the brawl.

[TACHA]
Players
256 posts
4,623 battles

Has Thunderer been out longer than Georgia and should get that first? I'm also facing the same choice and would eventually like them all.

My favourite two ships are Scharnhorst and Molotov even though I have Masa as well so I think I would like them all.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
14,723 battles

Pommern is a real brawler. The 12 x 380 are no good for long range shooting due to rediculous inaccuracy but medium-close range they rip stuff apart. So for player looking for a regular BB that can fist camp at range and then close in it will disappoint as the range thing just won't work.

That is why  in modes such as the recent 3 vs 3 ranked where you can get close unmolested such ships brutely rule the match. In randoms it is much harder to make it work because you will have to find a way to get closer while staying unmolested.

Georgia is better balanced in that it can fight long range and medium range but it is not a short range brawler. It has nice secondaries, but secondries always lose out to torpedo armed ships in torpedo ranges.

Players
468 posts
6,276 battles

Especially if you like brawlers, steer clear of Thunderer.

The Pommes has the German loltorps. Sure, you can close the distance while taking damage (no citadel's, but lots and lots of pens), torp one target and then promptly die. However, if you brawl well (not yolo), the Pommern seems quite powerful. For me it's a hard pass. YMMV.

Players
3,962 posts
5,268 battles

I vote for Georgia.

Lolmmern have the worst guns in its tier. I know some people will say ''No, Alsace is worse'' but I will disagree because those quadro guns have their own accuracy.

Players
1,865 posts
8,155 battles

I have the Georgia and the Thunderer and have the coal for Pommern, but I'm rather waiting for Roosevelt.

Georgia is a good and fun ship, I prefer to play it over the Thunderer.

Thunderer is a strong ship, but it's boring to play in a lot of matches.

I did not get Pommern because the main guns are horrible, both the consistency and the arcs for the back turrets. Also, it's easy to outplay her if you keep your distance. I have all German brawlers and hope to get the Siegfried soon, but I passed on Pommern. I might pick it up later, though.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
939 posts
10,167 battles

The Pommern is awesome for me, you can do anything with it.

You can't really push a smoke with the Georgia unless it's a Friesland in it, you can also bow tank Yamato's with the Pommern thanks to the almost completely covered 60mm nose. You can pretty much brawl any ship in the game with it, but if you like to play at <10km or more, the Georgia's a great choice.

Edit: To people that don't have the Pommern, please stop writing like it's impossible to hit anything at 18km or more. I can hit ships at long ranges with it, just don't expect reliable citadels. You will still delete cruisers if they show flat broadsides. Most of the times.

Edited by Sturmtiger_304

Players
3,962 posts
5,268 battles
2 minutes ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

You can pretty much brawl any ship in the game with it, but if you like to play at <10km or more, the Georgia's a great choice.

Even Kurfurst? That would be a nice joke which I would like to see how Kurfurst deletes her :cap_haloween:

Beta Tester
939 posts
10,167 battles
6 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Even Kurfurst? That would be a nice joke which I would like to see how Kurfurst deletes her :cap_haloween:

Yes. If you close down the distance to 5-6km you're pretty muich guaranteed a win.

Well, it depends a lot on how good you are on angling your ship, but that applies to pretty much every brawler in the game. If you just use all of your turrets all of the time, you're going to take massive damage every salvo, just like the GKF.

Edit: Added SS. Here's how I play mine, tank/secondary hybrid build. No bft,  no concealment or super intendent.

ghjm.png

Sign in to follow this