Sign in to follow this  
kd5

How Can I Avoid DD Critical hits

12 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
607 battles

For most game in the Cossack goes like this. Stearing damaged then second of third hit engine damaged but I really have no clue where I can see what the chances of these being damaged are.

As a newish player none of this is really explained or at least to a point where I can make informed decisions on what skills/equiptment to use.

Not really sure what I can do to avoid these types of games.

20200909_180459_PBSD517-Cossack_15_NE_north.wowsreplay

[CATS]
Players
28,299 posts
14,932 battles
19 minutes ago, kd5 said:

As a newish player none of this is really explained or at least to a point where I can make informed decisions on what skills/equiptment to use.

Do it this way:

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PBSD517&modules=11111&upgrades=124220&commander=PCW001&skills=32770&consumables=1111&pos=0

• Cool 1

[NEXT]
Players
5,537 posts
11,171 battles
1 hour ago, kd5 said:

For most game in the Cossack goes like this. Stearing damaged then second of third hit engine damaged but I really have no clue where I can see what the chances of these being damaged are.

20200909_180459_PBSD517-Cossack_15_NE_north.wowsreplay

For DDs you mostly always go with the 2 point skill "Last Stand". Even when your engine is damaged, you still can move a bit slower. Same for Rudder.

The Thing is in this game the HE shells do Splash damage. That splash damage does not damage to the hull ,but effects modules like AA, Engine, Rudder etc. A DD is a small target and has weak modules, thus this modules very often damaged. Thats why you take that skil.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,222 posts
14,732 battles
1 hour ago, kd5 said:

Some things to think about, in no particular order:

• Firstly, 416 battles (at time of writing), of which 35 are in randoms (and none of those in DDs) is not enough to be doing well with Cossack, or any other T8 come to that; although she's an excellent DD, she isn't easy mode (mainly due to needing to use guns - which blows stealth - to do consistent damage). Until you get a bit more experience with DDs, you are almost certain to get tonked on a regular basis.
  • I would make developing your skill-set with DDs a priority, and do it at lower tiers first (play with T2 initially, then try and get to T5 as quickly as possible to have the best chance of dealing with the T4 CV plague); I would also join a clan and/or find more experienced players to play with, who can teach/provide feedback on what you're doing right/wrong.
  • Make sure you have good enough captains for your DDs; this means *at least* 3 points at T2, and 10 points plus when you get to the +2 MM bracket (so, T5+).
  • Your first 10 points on most DD captains should usually look like this:

image.thumb.png.d6ea59a35c17ea2132c42d6fb5233a3b.png

• This is the equipment fit I have on my Cossack, but this isn't universal across all DDs:

image.thumb.png.53cc226460dcfd1e8c93b37c0c200744.png

• While playing, your aims include making use of stealth (Cossack should have about 5.5 km surface detection if you're doing it right, which is very good), avoiding engagements that you can't win (your influence generally grows as the game progresses), spotting, capping (usually later, and beware radar/CVs), and choosing your moments to open fire carefully so that the return fire from breaking stealth doesn't annihilate you (Cossack is known to be dangerous, so is often a priority target if the opposition aren't idiots). Also, learn to use the RN single-fire torps; Cossack only gets one launcher, so this is essential.
  • More importantly, learn the basics that apply to almost all DDs first and do it at lower tiers; I'm afraid to say you'll have very little chance in Cossack otherwise (unless you're some sort of unicum reroll, in which case ignore me).
  • Cool 2

Players
2 posts
607 battles
On 9/9/2020 at 7:05 PM, ColonelPete said:

This helps out a lot just to see how things stack up.

On 9/9/2020 at 8:53 PM, Verblonde said:

Make sure you have good enough captains for your DDs; this means *at least* 3 points at T2, and 10 points plus when you get to the +2 MM bracket (so, T5+).

On 9/9/2020 at 7:58 PM, Pikkozoikum said:

For DDs you mostly always go with the 2 point skill "Last Stand".

Looking as the stats I can see how much of a difference these skills make and they are basically compulsory to be competative. Picking the wrong skills early on for DD's will be detrimental for future gameplay....

Thank you for all of the tips I will keep these in mind going foward.

• Cool 2

Players
10,224 posts
12,008 battles
7 hours ago, kd5 said:

This helps out a lot just to see how things stack up.

Looking as the stats I can see how much of a difference these skills make and they are basically compulsory to be competative. Picking the wrong skills early on for DD's will be detrimental for future gameplay....

Thank you for all of the tips I will keep these in mind going foward.

Destroyers losing engine and rudder the moment someone sneezes in their direction is perfectly normal. Basically you can assume them to be perpetually broken and you wouldn't be far off either.

Regardless of Preventative Maintenance skill being present, because this skill reduces chance. Which means you will brick engine/rudder anyway whenever you need it the most.

• Cool 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,318 posts
11,475 battles
On 9/9/2020 at 9:58 PM, Pikkozoikum said:

For DDs you mostly always go with the 2 point skill "Last Stand". Even when your engine is damaged, you still can move a bit slower. Same for Rudder.

The Thing is in this game the HE shells do Splash damage. That splash damage does not damage to the hull ,but effects modules like AA, Engine, Rudder etc. A DD is a small target and has weak modules, thus this modules very often damaged. Thats why you take that skil.

that must be really big splash because engine is inside ship not outside and usually it means also  flooding . but hey its just a game

Players
10,224 posts
12,008 battles
14 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

that must be really big splash because engine is inside ship not outside and usually it means also  flooding . but hey its just a game

Modules also have very low hitpoint pool, so any hit that isn't "saved" by RNG mechanic WILL result in engine/rudder knockout.

And then HE shells ignore platings between shell detonation and module(s), thats why it is possible to trigger detonation with near HE miss on a DD. Or disable rudder for that matter.

[NEXT]
Players
5,537 posts
11,171 battles
9 hours ago, gabberworld said:

Hitting the funnel effects the engine/speed, I guess. Though thats how this game work, you can dmg the engine

[LSCA]
Players
1,318 posts
11,475 battles
6 hours ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Hitting the funnel effects the engine/speed, I guess. Though thats how this game work, you can dmg the engine

one what i think ed self was that if the ship Propeller gets someway hit and jam the motor because by default for dd's they not too deep

[NEXT]
Players
5,537 posts
11,171 battles
1 hour ago, gabberworld said:

one what i think ed self was that if the ship Propeller gets someway hit and jam the motor because by default for dd's they not too deep

I have to test that, I thought hitting the center is damaging the engine, especially the animation is that smoke out of the funnels

Players
555 posts
Am 9.9.2020 um 19:44, kd5 sagte:

As a newish player none of this is really explained or at least to a point where I can make informed decisions on what skills/equiptment to use.

Hello

what did you expect?

You have a little over 30 fights with destroyers and that in Co-oP.

The fact that you don't succeed is due to the lack of gaming experience.

Even if you don't like to hear it, you are not ready for the "Cossack"!

Take the gas off and learn on the lower animal levels too.

In time, you will learn how to drive a destroyer in general.

Play T4-6 in ascending order and try different things in Co-oP.
In this way, you will learn how to fundamentally deal with DDs.
And please not ONLY 10-20 battles (better 100 per ship)!

It would be a worthwhile goal to drive the DD in such a way that it is usually not revealed by the opponent. Maximum damage is absolutely unimportant.
You can also play your captain, a 10 should already be available on the Cossack!

This radar can then be added to T7 and the classic tasks of a destroyer can no longer be performed so easily that the Cossack is even more difficult to handle!

It's up to you whether you study it thoroughly in order to later have a solid foundation of what to build on.

Look here: https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/50581-onkeles-gunboat-destroyer-guide/

Best regards

(Erstellt mit Google Übersetzer)

Sign in to follow this