You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ladindell

Epicenter

21 comments in this topic

[SKVAD]
[SKVAD]
Players
10 posts

I have to say that I utterly and completely HATE epicenter mode. Either take it away or allow players to block it from their map list (something that World of tanks added and worked nicely). I dont think I've had one single game on the epicenter thats been "fun", either my side has steamrolled the enemies or the opposit, never had a close match on it. And if you try to point out to your team that its a point based map, you get reported like crazy. Simply put, I think Epicenter is a mode that is to har for alot of players to understand how it works what how to play it best.

Anyway, I would love for a possibility to block epicenter to happend at all cause its really killing the joy of the game for me atleast (and I am sure there will be posts on this with people just LOVING it, but I dont).

• Cool 11
  • Bad 2

Players
16 posts

Don't really know what epicenter is, but I have noticed the feature to block maps is missing in this game compared to WoT. I even have premium time bought right now and still there is no option to block even one map.

[CATS]
Players
28,298 posts
14,932 battles
5 minutes ago, Ladindell said:

I have to say that I utterly and completely HATE epicenter mode. Either take it away or allow players to block it from their map list (something that World of tanks added and worked nicely). I dont think I've had one single game on the epicenter thats been "fun", either my side has steamrolled the enemies or the opposit, never had a close match on it. And if you try to point out to your team that its a point based map, you get reported like crazy. Simply put, I think Epicenter is a mode that is to har for alot of players to understand how it works what how to play it best.

Anyway, I would love for a possibility to block epicenter to happend at all cause its really killing the joy of the game for me atleast (and I am sure there will be posts on this with people just LOVING it, but I dont).

The complaint comes often from players who do not understand how the game mode works.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 2

Players
380 posts
5,813 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, DrVeil sagte:

Don't really know what epicenter is, but I have noticed the feature to block maps is missing in this game compared to WoT. I even have premium time bought right now and still there is no option to block even one map.

the epicentre is a  game mode. There is a big circle in the centre of the map, divided into three zones, like a crosshair. Capturing these zones will give you a high amount of points. Mostly one or both teams fail to even get close to the centre of the map, thus losing all zones to the enemy and lose by points in a very short amount of time. It is not a map tho, it can occur on several maps, so it couldn't be banned even if we had a map bann function here. 

Players
16 posts
1 minute ago, firerider202 said:

the epicentre is a  game mode. There is a big circle in the centre of the map, divided into three zones, like a crosshair. Capturing these zones will give you a high amount of points. Mostly one or both teams fail to even get close to the centre of the map, thus losing all zones to the enemy and lose by points in a very short amount of time. It is not a map tho, so it couldn't be banned even if we had a map bann function here. 

Oh that sounds interesting. I don't think I had this gamemode yet.

Players
502 posts
6,378 battles

I hate Epicenter and I'd block it in a second.

I know exactly how the mode is played, by the way. Sail around the map, being careful to not touch the circles. These turn slowly red, when all three are fully red, you've won.

$&#( Epicenter.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

Players
623 posts
1,929 battles

Epicenter requires fast, aggresive play with good accuracy and reflexes.

You have to capture the center so most of the action happens there at close range.

Unless one (or both) team(s) decide to camp at edge of map......

I like it:cap_cool:

• Cool 3

Players
12 posts
9,625 battles

I have to agree with OP, epicentre with the optional snowstorm sitting in the middle of the map is what hell must be like: dull and painful... You have to be a masochist to somehow remotely enjoy that. The only bright side is that the matches usually don't last that long for reasons stated in previous posts.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
869 posts
10,335 battles

I am probably in the minority but I do not dislike it.

Every time the game starts I tell the team to remember the objective, the rings, don't waste your time chasing reds through the sides or the back of the map.

• Cool 4

[SM0KE]
Players
6,218 posts
14,728 battles

I'm with the OP too, I'm afraid; I'd be very happy to be able to block the mode as things stand now.

I believe I'm okay at playing it (in DDs anyway), but such a large chunk of the player base simply can't (or won't) change their approach - compared to a more conventional game type - that the whole thing is far too much of a lottery (even more so than a usual random game) to be reliably fun.

That's not to say you never get fun epicentre battles, but rather that they're too rare for me to like the mode. All entirely IMO.

• Cool 3

Players
12 posts
9,625 battles
2 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

I am probably in the minority but I do not dislike it.

Every time the game start I tell the team to remember the objective, the rings, don't waste your time chasing reds through the sides or the back of the map.

And, does that work? I should try that next time... 

Players
2,271 posts
14,157 battles

Hate it on the Tears of Cruisers map,but other maps are OK. Sadly often it ends in short games when most of players from one team refuses to move forward and support dds while a few suckers that tried to help usually either yoloed or melted to focus fire. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,020 posts
16,365 battles
2 hours ago, Ladindell said:

either my side has steamrolled the enemies or the opposit

This has nothing to do with the gamemode you're in...And true epicenter is long gone, where there is only one cap point, which if you capture you win.

Players
869 posts
10,335 battles
1 hour ago, multitronic1 said:

And, does that work? I should try that next time... 

I have to say yes, it works most times.

Sometimes you are just in the wrong team, so no matter what you say or the scenario you are already screwed.

[BBMM]
Players
6,392 posts
8,590 battles
6 hours ago, Molly_Delaney said:

Epicenter requires fast, aggresive play with good accuracy and reflexes.

You have to capture the center so most of the action happens there at close range.

Unless one (or both) team(s) decide to camp at edge of map......

I like it:cap_cool:

I'm liking it too, in most ships. 

Especially in Conqueror or Thunderer... lovely. 

5 hours ago, multitronic1 said:

I have to agree with OP, epicentre with the optional snowstorm sitting in the middle of the map is what hell must be like: dull and painful... You have to be a masochist to somehow remotely enjoy that. The only bright side is that the matches usually don't last that long for reasons stated in previous posts.

Hit me, then! One of the best games I ever had was in Conqkek, on epicenter-mode, in a snowstorm. 

Did my damage record in that one. I didn't park for a second, everybody else did and there wasn't a ship that I had not hit.

28 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Please removed Epeencenter mode. Or put it on to all maps, especially on Ocean and Two Brothers maps.

I'd really like the last option... let's see what happens. 

Generally I am sick of the three-caps-always-same-camper-maps. At least Epicenter mode forces the teams to either fight or die.

• Cool 1

[TAYTO]
Players
830 posts
8,866 battles
8 hours ago, Ladindell said:

I have been asking for this for several years now. Sadly, you're going to be forced to play this epic centre mode for a while yet.
My advice to you is to head as fast as you can to the centre of this epic centre so you can spot for your team.
Then, suddenly, you'll find yourself able to play a less fubared mode and no one can accuse you of yolo because you were spotting from the centre of the epic centre :Smile_honoring:

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,077 posts
11,296 battles

As a DD player I detest epicentre.  If they can let you exclude game modes in WoT (I only play standard battles) then even with smaller player numbers on WoWS servers we should have the same option.

[PUPSI]
Players
801 posts
2,665 battles
18 hours ago, DariusJacek said:

Hate it on the Tears of Cruisers map,but other maps are OK

This. I think the majority of times I've been put on Tears epicentre have been in my Cleveland to boot; I'm still really struggling with working out how to be effective in those games.

On Northern Waters and Trident, I've actually learned to enjoy it recently, to my great surprise. Especially in DDs; the spotting damage numbers can become hilarious.