You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST - Hybrids (DB 75)

60 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,756 posts
4,031 battles

In the near future, a new group of battleships and cruisers will be tested - hybrids.

Read more

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

• Cool 11

[SHAD]
Players
2,913 posts
12,610 battles

Interesting. I remember them saying before that these ships would be impossible for the matchmaking.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,724 posts
21,077 battles
1 minute ago, gopher31 said:

I remember them saying before that these ships would be impossible for the matchmaking.

I stopped believing WG official explanations long ago, most of the time they are hogwash anyway.

• Cool 4

Players
1,853 posts
3,527 battles

For those who don't know, Tone was actually in the game at some point and got removed for some reasons

while Ise is in Blitz, so it was only a matter of time.

Players
98 posts

I was expecting totally different concept. More along the lines both scout plane and fighters available to provide AA cover with very short recharge (a la Lazo). It would suit IJN ships nicely as both are atrocious at AA, while Ise historically is famous for Cape Engano encounter where it displayed exemplary AA fire and maneuvers while under attack by over 80 planes. Especially Tone with bombers will be silly. Tone & Chikuma were long-range scouting division of the fleet, a bit like later Oyodo in more limited scope.

Perhaps unique IJN consumable - fleet scout. Provide team with more range when Tone scout is up. 

Will wait what ST top secret stuff will yield.

• Cool 1

[MIAO]
Players
1,486 posts
7,019 battles
1 minuto fa, ZaalKoris_vas_QwibQwib ha scritto:

I was expecting totally different concept. More along the lines both scout plane and fighters available to provide AA cover with very short recharge (a la Lazo). It would suit IJN ships nicely as both are atrocious at AA, while Ise historically is famous for Cape Engano encounter where it displayed exemplary AA fire and maneuvers while under attack by over 80 planes. Especially Tone with bombers will be silly. Tone & Chikuma were long-range scouting division of the fleet, a bit like later Oyodo in more limited scope.

Perhaps unique IJN consumable - fleet scout. Provide team with more range when Tone scout is up. 

Will wait what ST top secret stuff will yield.

I would like that if you press a button (for example I) you can change YOUR UNIT to the plane and to the ship

(for example, you launch the plane and you have cv controls, you press I and you can control your ship, I again you control the plane)

@Tanatoy,we would love this

• Cool 4

[DREAD]
Players
10,216 posts
7,161 battles
25 minutes ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Why do the hybrids use CV controls when they could just use the controls that CA/BB will get for ASW that was announced in https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/60?

I was wondering myself - that would have been also an interesting concept.

However I am really happy to see them finally testing something!

WOOOHOOO :Smile_izmena:

[MIAO]
Players
1,486 posts
7,019 battles
Proprio ora, 1MajorKoenig ha scritto:

I was wondering myself - that would have been also an interesting concept.

However I am really happy to see them finally testing something!

WOOOHOOO :Smile_izmena:

my concept is better, isn't it?

• Cool 1

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,683 posts
14,147 battles
1 minute ago, arquata2019 said:

That would not be added for the hybrids as long as it is not a feature WG believes that CVs can manage.

[MIAO]
Players
1,486 posts
7,019 battles
Proprio ora, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu ha scritto:

That would not be added for the hybrids as long as it is not a feature WG believes that CVs can manage.

it would be awesome...

you can spot for yourself and pilot the plane

Edited by arquata2019
spot

[-TPF-]
Players
4,215 posts
17,593 battles

Excellent. I look forward to Furious being available in her 1922 configuration with a short flight deck and 1 x 18 inch gun. 

• Funny 3

[DREAD]
Players
10,216 posts
7,161 battles
5 minutes ago, arquata2019 said:

Well strike range would be an issue. The ASW concept is for pretty close to your own ship. 

I am curious how it works out but I hope well 

[TAOR]
Players
23 posts
2,805 battles
1 hour ago, ZaalKoris_vas_QwibQwib said:

This could be balance breaking if just one team would have Tone. 

Beta Tester
1,019 posts
16,308 battles

This could have been more interesting if they actually made Tone a scout, since there is no IJN ship with radar this could have played with its planes like one, as well as provide fighters on a increased radius (not that this consumable is usefull, but still...).

• Cool 1

Players
527 posts
16,317 battles

Interesting ships.

But they make a weakness of the planned commander skill changes glaringly obvious. WIll they get to chose surface ship skills? CV skills? A new 'hybrid' tree?

[DREAD]
Players
10,216 posts
7,161 battles
47 minutes ago, Azalgor said:

This could have been more interesting if they actually made Tone a scout, since there is no IJN ship with radar this could have played with its planes like one, as well as provide fighters on a increased radius (not that this consumable is usefull, but still...).

How boring would that be... just a couple of boring consumables - not thanks we have enough of that.

If you think about it - the concept isn’t bad:

- a strike with TBs doesn’t take much time, maybe 30-40 sec

- with one squadron you can’t strike continuously so it would be an “in between” thing 

- it could be useful in the beginning of a match when your autopilot moves your ship into position 

- or eg. when you are in a position you have trouble getting out of - like behind an island in front of the enemy fleet

- or even later to strike targets out of your range occasionally 

I am curious but it sounds fun 

• Cool 1

Players
3,081 posts
17,441 battles

Do they come with a secret builtin plane factory?

Also, imagine the 1 line snipefest that is about to commence with 6 Tones on each team whaling away at each other and everybody else. #Tier4CVWoes:cap_fainting: 

Players
392 posts
13 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Do they come with a secret builtin plane factory?

Yes, same with the magical torpedo tubes and the neverending ammo ...

• Cool 5

[SHAD]
Players
2,913 posts
12,610 battles
11 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Why do the hybrids use CV controls when they could just use the controls that CA/BB will get for ASW that was announced in https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/60?

Wargaming believes that if you are flying planes you can only do one thing at a time... The CV rework.

Meanwhile, Destroyers can cap, torp, spot, fight off fighters, and fight submarines at the same time.......

• Cool 2