You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

Allow Divisions in Asymmetric Battles

60 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
3,389 posts
15,577 battles

image.thumb.png.56860cca91a3cec7adabaf4bdd3627af.png

This right here is probably one of the biggest reasons why many people do not even bother playing this game mode.

Taking down the fatties together in a low-tier-div or defending against the waves of lolibotes together in a high-tier div is what could make this mode interesting.

If you cannot play it with friends, this gamemode is not interesting to me and many others.

@MrConway @Crysantos WG has been desperate to make this new mode interesting with some recent ad-hoc adjustments. Maybe allowing divisions would be worth a shot - I am sure it can be balanced out (maybe even by giving the low tier team an additional division if it is such a problem).

• Cool 10
  • Boring 1

[SKRUB]
Players
555 posts
21,846 battles

Division give to much advantage, in the current situation allow them will only add another problem to this mod.

Maybe later, but don't forget most of the community don't play in division, so it shouldn't be the priority.

• Cool 3

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
14,839 battles

A voice com well coordinated team will butcher any enemy on the other team and enjoy undeserved victories continuously.

If MM only allowed strict division vs divison weighing combined WR's against each counter division to establish a fair balance.....but allas, it does not do that at all. Griefer clubbing the result.

So not allowing it is a good decision. It should be removed from randoms too, if above condition cannot be enforced. Voice com coordinated players have their own dedicated game modes against fair opponents that are using that too in clan battles already.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[1701]
Players
129 posts
13,646 battles

Divisions playing against divisions could make this mode lot more interesting imo. I wouldn’t mind the wait if it made for more fun battles

• Cool 1

Players
2,523 posts
3 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

A voice com well coordinated team will butcher any enemy on the other team and enjoy undeserved victories continuously.

The function should be removed from public matches ( random matches too ) all together, as you have clan battles and training rooms to use it without ruiining solo players = most players matches.

Divisions in Random battles don't change much. It's not like one team has 3 divisions and other has none.

Only factor that influences winning chance is skill of a player and skilled players you can get in any match outside of divisions. Yes, people in a division might coordinate, but that matters only with skill. And you can't ban only Unicuum Divisions...

What should be priority of WG is to ballance radar ships. Battles where one team has access to 5 radars and other to 1 are simply put silly...

Also, division or not, there are 12 players in every team. For 12 losers in battle, there are also 12 winners...

• Bad 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
14,839 battles
1 hour ago, Skyllon said:

Divisions in Random battles don't change much. It's not like one team has 3 divisions and other has none.

Only factor that influences winning chance is skill of a player and skilled players you can get in any match outside of divisions. Yes, people in a division might coordinate, but that matters only with skill. And you can't ban only Unicuum Divisions...

What should be priority of WG is to ballance radar ships. Battles where one team has access to 5 radars and other to 1 are simply put silly...

Also, division or not, there are 12 players in every team. For 12 losers in battle, there are also 12 winners...

A  division of regular players will not influence anything no.

But one with 3 skilled and voice comms coordinated players and ofcourse with select combinations of ships that strenghten each others abilities can collapse flanks in randoms all by themselves. Or cause other inbalances that cause defeat in the other team.

A forum member already proved what happens if you sychro-drop your clan into 1 side...... ( which was easy as humans go before bots...still works in some hours of the day for sure )

Players
528 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, Skyllon sagte:

You're 61.5% solo and 72.8% in three mans. Wanna start again and make sense next time?

• Cool 3

[JRM]
Players
7,036 posts
4 hours ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

image.thumb.png.56860cca91a3cec7adabaf4bdd3627af.png

This right here is probably one of the biggest reasons why many people do not even bother playing this game mode.

Well not every mode has to have the unbalance of discord coordinated spam focus, if one cant endure solo play for like 30 battles maybe its time to change the game

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,389 posts
15,577 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

Well not every mode has to have the unbalance of discord coordinated spam focus,

if one cant endure solo play for like 30 battles maybe its time to change the game

Some people have friends and prefer to play together with them. Simple as that. 

Furthermore, your statement seems rather sad mate. 

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
7,036 posts
3 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Some people have friends and prefer to play together with them. Simple as that. 

Furthermore, your statement seems rather sad mate. 

Oh please... :Smile_sceptic:

Sad or not it is true as that force multiplier you can exert esp with some ship combos is the prime reason for playing divisions after all...

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
2,523 posts
3 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

A forum member already proved what happens if you sychro-drop your clan into 1 side...... ( which was easy as humans go before bots...still works in some hours of the day for sure )

Now you're talking. And I totally agree with you on this one. There should be hard limit on divisions of one clan in the same battle. You have my vote there.

It is nothing new though. People have been pointing that out since day 1...

Players
2,523 posts
7 hours ago, thisismalacoda said:

You're 61.5% solo and 72.8% in three mans. Wanna start again and make sense next time?

Oh I did, You just didn't understand what I wrote.

9 hours ago, Skyllon said:

Only factor that influences winning chance is skill of a player and skilled players you can get in any match outside of divisions.

It's obvious I'm going to have much higher winrate in three man division, since I play only with unicuum players, thus when in division I bring 3 skilled players into the battle...

For the same reason I have higher solo winrate. I'm better player than many that I meet in the battle.

You conveniently forget, that whenever you play in a division, there is also a division on the enemy team...

I've been in battles where my team outplayed strong enemy division many times, for the simple fact my team had more better players. Even one strong division can't carry fleet of potatoes...

People are focused on divisions because it is easy subject to pick on, forgetting other things that influence the battle.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,451 posts
20,570 battles
7 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Because when playing the game as intended, aka as a team, that means the victories the team earns are undeserved.

What a joke.

And it's not like it isn't laughably easy to countdown into the gamemode anyway given its low popularity.

• Cool 5

Players
313 posts
14,942 battles
1 hour ago, Skyllon said:

You conveniently forget, that whenever you play in a division, there is also a division on the enemy team...

If the Game balance both teams divisions by skill, sure mate, but when you got 3 man german BB div with 45%wr  on one side and on other side Kremlin,Stalin, Smolensk with 65%wr. Its sad that even possible, totally unfair and stupid. Only reason why that is even possible is because playerbase are so bad that they dont even understand this.

Players
2,523 posts
2 hours ago, Yamato942 said:

If the Game balance both teams divisions by skill, sure mate, but when you got 3 man german BB div with 45%wr  on one side and on other side Kremlin,Stalin, Smolensk with 65%wr. Its sad that even possible, totally unfair and stupid.

Yes. Existence of OP ships is stupid. I fully agree with you. Now explain that to WG. Attaboy! :Smile_honoring:

Game neither ballances random teams by skill. No difference there. You can get exactly same setup without divisions if MM feels like giving you a finger... 5 radar ships on 1 team and 1 on the other. Voila!

Problem is not in divisions.

On the sidenote, I'm pretty convinced other players on the team that won, will be fairly happy for being carried. After all there are always 50% of losers in every battle...

Cancer divisions you mentioned happen, same as unruly players that ruin the game for everyone. Both are not that common though.

And even in your example, enough of skilled players on '3 men german BB div' might outplay those 'Kremlin, Stalin, Smolensk' drivers.

Unfair? Really. Sooner or later same division will end up on your team. After all they are random. Same as the chance of any ship ending up on your team.

And you can even do division like that yourself! That's the reality of this game. And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't like WG intended it to be like that?

[SHAFT]
Players
11,082 posts
9,479 battles
3 hours ago, Yamato942 said:

If the Game balance both teams divisions by skill, sure mate, but when you got 3 man german BB div with 45%wr  on one side and on other side Kremlin,Stalin, Smolensk with 65%wr. Its sad that even possible, totally unfair and stupid. Only reason why that is even possible is because playerbase are so bad that they dont even understand this.

Why should divisions get punished or rewarded, but solo players not? So if i play solo, i shouldnt get matched by someone else with similar skill, but a division should? Also i dont see a reason to not punish noobs making stupid divs and play like crap in the process.

I agree 100% that it sucks, we have all been there. But its highly questionable, that when divisions are the issue, its noobs taking / getting the victim role, why unicum divs are the devil offspring from hell.

Players
6,839 posts
11,253 battles
3 hours ago, Yamato942 said:

If the Game balance both teams divisions by skill, sure mate, but when you got 3 man german BB div with 45%wr  on one side and on other side Kremlin,Stalin, Smolensk with 65%wr. Its sad that even possible, totally unfair and stupid.

Unfair? Did I carry out the lobotomy on those 3x BB with 40% WR? Did I force them to go to A1 and shoot HE? To h*** with this unfair whine, seriously. Nobody is forcing people to suck beyond believe. Only thing bad about it is, that they ruin the game for the other 9 people that have the bad luck to be with then in one team. And thats the reason you should division in the first place - to get away from such braindead monkeys. Damn sorry, shouldnt insult monkeys like that. Remembered a documentation I saw about them actually excersing teamwork, in order to get food. 40% wows players do fail at this each and every time. They would also starve to death in such an experiment. Within 2 mins of the scientists leaving the room, so they´d go "how is that even possible?" on return, when they actually wanted to start the experiment.

• Cool 1

Players
3,529 posts
14,236 battles

Some of us are more than capable of plodding through the misery of solo and still do well. But being in a div is more fun. But if you want to ban fun and watch game modes die. Go ahead. Stifle the game and watch it regress Bravo....

And as unicums make up what, 2-4% of the player base. Your arguments suddenly fall VERY thin don’t they. 

• Cool 1

Players
313 posts
14,942 battles

Just saying division is bad for game because too much impact even in 12 vs 12, smaller team is even worse, how its random mode if you bring 3 unicums, its easy mode, then you can play co op its the same or even harder on co op. You know something, when team is smaller  its easy to win for unicums, How much battle you need to play in 5vs5 and how much in 8vs8 in ranked. If teams are balanced its fine but if completely random on on one side and 3 unicums div on other side, then its not random. I understand why unicums do that, and i understand why noobs don't see that and keep showing broadside but its not fair for solo players. Do we need division as a must for playing game? Then put perma cw mode so team are balanced and fun for both teams. Dont understand really how you defend that  when its clear same players have 60%wr and 3 man div 75%wr. Its all clear there. 

And you even want division in 6vs8. LoL you just can get victory aftermatch before match.

[NWP]
Players
1,387 posts
11,283 battles

Playing in division is the best thing the game has to offer. To play with your friends. Its a team game. It was designed like that. It even has "voice comms" integrated in the game. No wonder Clan brawl is successful. No wonder most players want to play Clan Battles. 

Spoiler

image.png.b0cc944b6a032204d78c90506a543548.png

image.png.78833167f38898492a2249c36c43a951.png

Now, for all the smart birds out there, please be informed that for every division that wins a game there is one other division that lost a game. So, don't be intellectually dishonest by pretending that divisions are not mirrored.

Also, don't be lame The probability that you will find one Unicum player in your team is very low (as @Bear__Necessities said). Let alone find three of them together. Majority of players are bellow 50%WR. It is sad but it is true that 50% of the players are bellow 48% WR. Just to put a few numbers so you get a feeling. If your WR is 52.5% you belong to the 15% of the playerbase. If you have over 60% you belong to the 1.12% of players. ONE out of a hundred players. 

IMHO games are lost more times than won. And to explain what I said...games are decided by the mistakes that are made by a team rather than good play by the other team. One player that has 300 battles and just bought his new premium to go play in T VIII has more impact on the game than any division. Not to mention the player that whaled his way with crates to an Enterprise.

Funny, but I think that the biggest enemies of divisions are incompetent players that are trying to find excuses for themselves and the people no one wants to play with. I wonder why?

Instead of blaming divisions and better players for your shortcomings you should try to learn how to play the game and get better at it. All of a sudden you will realize that the common denominator in every match is you behind your keyboard. Not the divisions on the red team.

Spoiler

dense_winrate_20190413_e.thumb.png.e27b91d27d7aae0d4c20f54eb20fe7d0.png

• Cool 4

[NEXT]
Players
69 posts
6,946 battles
Vor 5 Stunden, Yamato942 sagte:

Just saying division is bad for game because too much impact even in 12 vs 12, smaller team is even worse, how its random mode if you bring 3 unicums, its easy mode, then you can play co op its the same or even harder on co op. You know something, when team is smaller  its easy to win for unicums, How much battle you need to play in 5vs5 and how much in 8vs8 in ranked. If teams are balanced its fine but if completely random on on one side and 3 unicums div on other side, then its not random. I understand why unicums do that, and i understand why noobs don't see that and keep showing broadside but its not fair for solo players. Do we need division as a must for playing game? Then put perma cw mode so team are balanced and fun for both teams. Dont understand really how you defend that  when its clear same players have 60%wr and 3 man div 75%wr. Its all clear there. 

And you even want division in 6vs8. LoL you just can get victory aftermatch before match.

# absolutely

Look at players like coliasolo. Good player who only plays 3man div. He gets up to 80% wr in 3 man divisions with very big samplesize. You simple have nearly zero chance to win the game if your in the opposite team. It wouldnt be so when he would only be solo.

What i mean is that divisions with very high or very little skill just decide the random battles too much. That shouldnt be like that.

Maybe very high skilled divisions should be paired only with other high skilled divs and the other way with the low skilled divs. It will take more time to match them, but thats just the price for 3 people to play together, wait a bit longer for the battle.

I think if players stats sides like wgnumbers and so on would show the solo win rate per default first when you click on a profile you already would get rid of a lot of only 3 man div players that always try hard. Cause they care about their stats and therefore its nice to have for them that the profile shows all games together stat first.

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles

Yeah... I wonder what chance the low tier "team" has if top tier shows up with an Enterprise+Massachusetts+Kutuzov Division... 

I can see why WG disabled that feature.

• Cool 1