YabbaCoe

PT 0.9.9 - Other Changes

13 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
4,599 posts
4,410 battles

The barbettes and main battery guns have been updated for all ships. Previously, when a shell hit the main battery turret, damage was dealt only to the module itself, and the player received a "Penetration" ribbon without any actual damage having been dealt to the enemy ship. Now, any damage dealt to the main battery turret also entails a reduction in the ship's hit points in the amount of 1/10 of the maximum damage of the shell. This way, hitting a turret will no longer result in a penetration without inflicting actual damage.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_aim_1_1920x1080.jpg

We've changed the visual appearance of aiming reticles for carrier squadrons and reworked the aircraft camera performance. This change will affect only the visual component of a squadron's interface, making it easier to aim with all types of armament without affecting gameplay.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_aim_2_1920x1080.jpg

Any aircraft operating within a squadron will now change position in a smoother way; the trajectory of bombers moving in on a target will change slightly, and any damage taken by the aircraft in the process will cause it to shake.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_aim_3_1920x1080.jpg

We've improved the visual display of water for all graphic settings. In particular, the visual noise applied to the sea has been removed entirely on the horizon. This change will improve game client performance.

The Spaceport has been updated to accommodate the new lighting model and enhanced HDR technology.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_spaceport_2_EN_1920x1080.jpg

[GLOBS]
[GLOBS]
Players
259 posts
16,280 battles

well had a couple of battles and a good look around the Naval Base Port and I must say it is lovely in the sun . you can see everything . please keep it nice and sunny .  :Smile_honoring:

I hate dark ports . they make me feel sad , and I can't see the ships properly. so for me it's Happy Sunshine all the way .   

shot-20.09.10_18.28.58-0189.jpg

• Cool 1

WG Staff
1,547 posts
854 battles
On 9/10/2020 at 7:50 PM, gmomkey said:

well had a couple of battles and a good look around the Naval Base Port and I must say it is lovely in the sun . you can see everything . please keep it nice and sunny .  :Smile_honoring:

I hate dark ports . they make me feel sad , and I can't see the ships properly. so for me it's Happy Sunshine all the way .   

shot-20.09.10_18.28.58-0189.jpg

Thank you for your feedback, Captain!
(We’ll try to keep as sunny as we can to provide you all the amount of genuine, artificial light you need 😉 )

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff
4,599 posts
4,410 battles
Před 1 hodinou __Helmut_Kohl__ řekl/a:

I hope the change to the camera angle on squadrons during attack will make it easier to see the reticle when there is a lot of Flak.

Have you tried that yourself on PT? We would like to know, what is the exact feedback on that. :cap_like:

• Funny 1

[GLOBS]
[GLOBS]
Players
259 posts
16,280 battles

I have fallen in love with M von R  ( I can feel my Karma falling away all ready ) . . . and yes the aiming of all the planes are much improved . thank you . . .  

image.png.717564e3c6fd11014089f9143741c7da.png

image.png.38405ebc02b10d841ab05fe0b11dd244.png

hehehe . . Secondaries for the win   :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Players
1,000 posts
2,986 battles

I have experienced some weird bug (I think) that after the cv changes the aa grown alot of stronger. Well stronger isn't the exact right word tho. The planes that performed an attack are getting shred by aa somehow since they reach the protected height much later. It feeled like my midway planes had the speed of hosho ones when returning. A lone kurfürst deplaned me somehow. Is this a bug or a feature? Also the new aiming systems for cv seems to be smoother sometimes but are most of the time sluggish. I can handle the old ones much better. Especially when after the drop the camera moves extremely unsmothly. I will try the midway further to see if the thing with the height happens again.

Edit. So I played another midway game. Same happened again. I dropped a blob actually and recalled the planes with f after the attack. Out of the 3 attack planes 2 died to AA while only 2 planes of the recalled ones died. That's weird. Also it seems like I can smash dd's much better with bombs at the test server. The bombs are falling closer to the middle of the circle again. I Dev struck an öland and hit a Shima for about 9k in the same game. Did you maybe put a wrong version of the midway cv on the test server like midway 8.4? Idk it feels strong as before the bomb spread nerf but loses so many more planes Cuz they take ages to reach the invunrabilty height. The bomb thing could be only luck. But the thing with the planes reaching height is weird. So the question is did something got changed to planes without being announced? Or is it really a bug. 

Note : the Manfred worked normally. 

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,270 posts

I'm wondering if they have reduced the regen rate of torp planes with Kaga CV. Since this latest patch, it just seems like KAGA is not getting torp planes back on deck as fast like it was previously before the latest update.

[GLOBS]
[GLOBS]
Players
259 posts
16,280 battles

I seam to be loosing a lot more planes than I used to  . . . compared to the first test .  ( at least it feels that way )

Manfred von Richthofen

image.png.9fb829525ea87ba8517e4a3d7bb24760.png

image.thumb.png.5191490f6339a1ee87bbf33cfe719dd2.png

HMS Audacious

image.png.16cc87b438ecff325a80980b790f5e11.png

image.thumb.png.adf8ca67ae788fe07977d93d87b07ddc.png

the flack is unavoidable as I am on an attack run, it is one huge cloud that appears as you go in to it .  . the continuous AA fire is as normal ..  these are both tier 10 battles . 

I don't get this issue on the live server . 

Ps . . I like the little dot that appears when there is an Island in front of you , showing where the aim is as you go over the island / hill etc. .  good job and useful . 

Players
5,448 posts
11,006 battles
17 hours ago, gmomkey said:

I seam to be loosing a lot more planes than I used to  . . . compared to the first test .  ( at least it feels that way )

Manfred von Richthofen

image.png.9fb829525ea87ba8517e4a3d7bb24760.png

image.thumb.png.5191490f6339a1ee87bbf33cfe719dd2.png

HMS Audacious

image.png.16cc87b438ecff325a80980b790f5e11.png

image.thumb.png.adf8ca67ae788fe07977d93d87b07ddc.png

the flack is unavoidable as I am on an attack run, it is one huge cloud that appears as you go in to it .  . the continuous AA fire is as normal ..  these are both tier 10 battles . 

I don't get this issue on the live server . 

Ps . . I like the little dot that appears when there is an Island in front of you , showing where the aim is as you go over the island / hill etc. .  good job and useful . 

Flak are the new torpedos!

• Funny 1