Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Padds01

add stuff to co op please!

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[-LA-]
Players
692 posts
5,210 battles

well with the end of the fun 3v3 sprint ive been trying to go back to the normal 12v12 but i just cant stand the tedium , its just far too towards the long range corner camp, spam he behind an island and run away group of ships , its just not fun for the ships i like 

 

so ive been relegetad to the pve , and if your not one of the dd's light ca' that run ahead and torp everything theres not a lot to do and it makes grinding a lot of the directives a bit of a chore. 

 

could we please have just some quick and dirty changes, maybe just change the spawn rules so enemy team spawns two ships for each human player, diminishing down at thresholds 

 

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
11,158 posts
9,512 battles
10 minutes ago, PsychoClownfish said:

I'd like to know why co-op is 9v9 instead of 12v12.

 

Because bots would get zero'ed out all the time. Lately when they made it 9v9 it made no difference, because a few bots always survived. Then they increased the points so bots actually can die before reaching 1 points. Atleast sometimes, if no human dies there are usually still 1-2 bots alive at the end. If you go to 12vs12, you would essentially be left with 5 or so bots alive when they reach 0 points. Also getting 12 humans in 30 sec queue time is probably not gonna happen, often enough you get 4-5 bots right now on the human side due to lack of players. And bots fighting bots is extremely boring, as they tend to just ram each other.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,962 posts
5,297 battles

Problem with co op mode is that dd's run ahead and torp everything and BB players can't do much in that condition. This happens there very offen. Like every 2nd battle.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OGHF]
Players
1,213 posts
22,088 battles
29 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Problem with co op mode is that dd's run ahead and torp everything and BB players can't do much in that condition. This happens there very offen. Like every 2nd battle.

Opposite now happens, BB charge in and straight past DD sitting in his smoke ready to torp, now DD can not torp and BB namely Odin just now torp incoming BB as they can survive rushing in where the DD can not.

 

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-LA-]
Players
692 posts
5,210 battles
6 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Opposite now happens, BB charge in and straight past DD sitting in his smoke ready to torp, now DD can not torp and BB namely Odin just now torp incoming BB as they can survive rushing in where the DD can not.

 

not many DD's sit in smoke in the games i see, they tend to run full speed , torp 2 at point blank then ram a third 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,962 posts
5,297 battles
53 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Opposite now happens, BB charge in and straight past DD sitting in his smoke ready to torp, now DD can not torp and BB namely Odin just now torp incoming BB as they can survive rushing in where the DD can not.

 

Like OP said, not many dd's is sit in the smoke in co op. Most of them rush in to close range enemy Bots so they can torp them and kill in 1 salvo. They count on that those Bots can't delete them and will miss shots most of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,548 posts
3 hours ago, PsychoClownfish said:

I'd like to know why co-op is 9v9 instead of 12v12. 

 

So we wouldn't get shredded with  reports for getting 9 kills? :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,020 posts

Wish they do, I don't think they will. It don't matter anyway, I play a couple of times a month lately most of my friends gave up on the game :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts
8 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

Problem with co op mode is that dd's run ahead and torp everything and BB players can't do much in that condition. This happens there very offen. Like every 2nd battle.

Yes if dd’s aren’t noobs, a lot go from b cap to a and c caps, as do a good amount of other classes ,  it should be limited to just one DD per Co op battle.

 

The problems with co op Is; auto ram by bots, auto Torp avoidance by bots, pin point accuracy by bots, bots attacking a 3rd line target when first line is <5km away, the problem is the lack of reward as in xp, awards and credits, a kraken in Co op is harder in a bb than randoms , and even getting 5 in a DD is going some, cvs also have very little chance of scoring big.

 

Ironically Co op MM is far better than random MM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[STEEL]
Players
660 posts
5 hours ago, Padds01 said:

not many DD's sit in smoke in the games i see, they tend to run full speed , torp 2 at point blank then ram a third 

A third? Most players I see ram the first bot they encounter with their full health premium ship, because they are either incapable of using their armament with reasonable skill or are just spamming ship after ship to grind XP instead of playing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts
3 hours ago, PeteEarthling said:

A third? Most players I see ram the first bot they encounter with their full health premium ship, because they are either incapable of using their armament with reasonable skill or are just spamming ship after ship to grind XP instead of playing.

 

Almost guilty, gun a dd, Torp a bb and then ram a bb (last bot left), perfect hat trick 😉, meanwhile potatoes still going to a and c caps 🤭, everyone knows co ops are run in kick butt and be back in port 5 mins later 😉
 

And those that go wide on the potato cruise reveal their inexperience.

 

I play more co ops than anything else these days, spuds and MM have killed randoms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles
11 hours ago, Padds01 said:

could we please have just some quick and dirty changes, maybe just change the spawn rules so enemy team spawns two ships for each human player, diminishing down at thresholds

 

WG have repeatedly and loudly said NO multiple times to big changes to Co-Op. They might tweak team sizes, or tweks spawn points etc but that the most they'll do.

The reason is that PvP/Random brings WG more money, so despite there being around 30% of players who ONLY play PvE, that 30% are ignored for the 70% of PvP whales.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,403 posts
10 hours ago, MadBadDave said:

Almost guilty, gun a dd, Torp a bb and then ram a bb (last bot left), perfect hat trick 😉, meanwhile potatoes still going to a and c caps 🤭, everyone knows co ops are run in kick butt and be back in port 5 mins later 😉
 

And those that go wide on the potato cruise reveal their inexperience.

 

I play more co ops than anything else these days, spuds and MM have killed randoms.

Try Asymmetric... it's fun, better than COOP, has good rewards (285,000 silver for a T6 win) and it works the Grey matter sitting in your cranium...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-LA-]
Players
692 posts
5,210 battles
9 hours ago, IanH755 said:

 

WG have repeatedly and loudly said NO multiple times to big changes to Co-Op. They might tweak team sizes, or tweks spawn points etc but that the most they'll do.

The reason is that PvP/Random brings WG more money, so despite there being around 30% of players who ONLY play PvE, that 30% are ignored for the 70% of PvP whales.

thats all i asked , besides what they say a lot , no guns bigger than yammie ...

 

and that second bit ,source or assumption? also a bit of a blind stratgy , if the neglected mode isnt generating the same money , is that because its negected? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WRV]
Players
106 posts
498 battles
Vor 19 Stunden, Padds01 sagte:

not many DD's sit in smoke in the games i see, they tend to run full speed , torp 2 at point blank then ram a third 

Coop games are NOT supposed to last longer than 5 minutes.

I am often amazed that the ship returns after 15...16...17 minutes, what were they doing?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles
2 hours ago, Padds01 said:

and that second bit ,source or assumption? also a bit of a blind stratgy , if the neglected mode isnt generating the same money , is that because its negected? 

 

Source - several WG interviews 2019-20 with MrConway for PvP vs PvE Money stuff and a WG interview back in 2016 for % of PvE players, the numbers probably bigger now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,432 posts
17,186 battles
2 hours ago, IanH755 said:

 

Source - several WG interviews 2019-20 with MrConway for PvP vs PvE Money stuff and a WG interview back in 2016 for % of PvE players, the numbers probably bigger now.

+1 :Smile_honoring:

I remember seeing that stuff (and moreover the years).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×