You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Isoruku_Yamamoto

Port filter needs a tiny tweak

6 comments in this topic

Players
1,036 posts
11,891 battles

Hi guys, 

I'd like the port filter to be changed such that under the "Special" category filter, filters that are not in the same group are considered as  AND condition filters, rather than OR condition filters. 
These are: 
Primary ships (1)

Ships that are not Elite (2)
Elite ships (2)
Special ships (3)
Premium ships (3)
Ships with a commander (4)
Ships without a commander (4)
And currently, the anniversary gift. (5)

IMO there is a bit of wonkyness right now. If i'm looking for a premium ship that still has the anniversary gift open, I would sensibly click those two filters (Premium ships/ Anniversary gift), and the expected result would be that only premium ships that still have the gift would be displayed. No regular ships, no premiums without the gift. 
Instead right now it displays ALL premium ships, since the first filter calls in ALL premium ships, and ALL ships with a gift. 

A system with layered filters works much better when youre trying to work your way through 200 (or more) ships

Grtz I_Y

P. S. Without the labelled groups the OR condition should still be used, if i for instance click the combination Premium ships + gift + Special ships, i'd expect to see all premium AND special ships that still have a gift on them. 

Edited by Isoruku_Yamamoto
small addition
  • Cool 4

[-RAF-]
Players
642 posts
5,555 battles
9 minuti fa, Isoruku_Yamamoto ha scritto:

Hi guys, 

I'd like the port filter to be changed such that under the "Special" category filter, filters that are not in the same group are considered as  AND condition filters, rather than OR condition filters. 
These are: 
Primary ships (1)

Ships that are not Elite (2)
Elite ships (2)
Special ships (3)
Premium ships (3)
Ships with a commander (4)
Ships without a commander (4)
And currently, the anniversary gift. (5)

IMO there is a bit of wonkyness right now. If i'm looking for a premium ship that still has the anniversary gift open, I would sensibly click those two filters (Premium ships/ Anniversary gift), and the expected result would be that only premium ships that still have the gift would be displayed. No regular ships, no premiums without the gift. 
Instead right now it displays ALL premium ships, since the first filter calls in ALL premium ships, and ALL ships with a gift. 

A system with layered filters works much better when youre trying to work your way through 200 (or more) ships

Grtz I_Y

P. S. Without the labelled groups the OR condition should still be used, if i for instance click the combination Premium ships + gift + Special ships, i'd expect to see all premium AND special ships that still have a gift on them. 

You mean selecting specific ships? that would be awesome too

Players
1,036 posts
11,891 battles
14 minutes ago, arquata2019 said:

You mean selecting specific ships? that would be awesome too

well, right now the filters do most of that. 

If i filter for
Tier 7 american premium cruiser
for me the Atlanta, Indianapolis and Flint will show up. 

The problem is that if i then select 
Tier 7 american premium cruiser, ships with a commader
I'd want to see the ships out of Atlanta, Indianapolis and Flint that have a commander in them at that point. 
Instead, it will show ALL tier 7 american cruisers that are premium (atlanta, indianapolis, flint) and/or have a commander in them, so it'll also display the Helena and New Orleans. 
So instead of making my selection more specific, i now see MORE ships. 

• Cool 1

[-RAF-]
Players
642 posts
5,555 battles
5 minuti fa, Isoruku_Yamamoto ha scritto:

well, right now the filters do most of that. 

If i filter for
Tier 7 american premium cruiser
for me the Atlanta, Indianapolis and Flint will show up. 

The problem is that if i then select 
Tier 7 american premium cruiser, ships with a commader
I'd want to see the ships out of Atlanta, Indianapolis and Flint that have a commander in them at that point. 
Instead, it will show ALL tier 7 american cruisers that are premium (atlanta, indianapolis, flint) and/or have a commander in them, so it'll also display the Helena and New Orleans. 
So instead of making my selection more specific, i now see MORE ships. 

You're right if i think about it

Beta Tester
1,003 posts
15,891 battles

Funny how people are getting too lazy to even scroll down their own inventory...

Players
1,036 posts
11,891 battles
46 minutes ago, Azalgor said:

Funny how people are getting too lazy to even scroll down their own inventory...

well, my port, and its not so much lazyness as genuinely not quite being able to find all ships