You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VagueTarget

unlocking FPS limiter makes rudder only go to half!?

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
6 posts
10,006 battles

Hi,

i don't know when this happened, i had a few months of a break from the game, but upon my return I noticed was dying a lot esp. when trying to dodge and the ships felt sluggish until i realised this.

I usually unlock the FPS from 75 to 144 since my machine and display can run it at around these FPS , but when this happens the rudder can only be pushed to the half position in either direction, no matter if using A and D or Q and E it stops at 1/2 and that seems to be a hard stop of the rudder, not only a visual thing. 

I don't understand how these things are connected, but it's weird in my opinion since they seemingly have no connection.

Is there a way around or a fix? I'd really hate being told what FPS I can run my game at when i have the hardware to go faster than peasant level 75 FPS ;)

[-RAF-]
Players
551 posts
5,543 battles
22 minuti fa, VagueTarget ha scritto:

Hi,

i don't know when this happened, i had a few months of a break from the game, but upon my return I noticed was dying a lot esp. when trying to dodge and the ships felt sluggish until i realised this.

I usually unlock the FPS from 75 to 144 since my machine and display can run it at around these FPS , but when this happens the rudder can only be pushed to the half position in either direction, no matter if using A and D or Q and E it stops at 1/2 and that seems to be a hard stop of the rudder, not only a visual thing. 

I don't understand how these things are connected, but it's weird in my opinion since they seemingly have no connection.

Is there a way around or a fix? I'd really hate being told what FPS I can run my game at when i have the hardware to go faster than peasant level 75 FPS ;)

FPS should not theoretically ruin anything,

and i sadly can't help you about that :(

i "summon?" them to help you :D

hoping not to bother these two staff members

@MrConway @YabbaCoe

Players
2,085 posts
13,379 battles

You are now twice as fast so half of rudder travel seems to me a fair price to pay:Smile_trollface:

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,278 posts
3,593 battles
2 hours ago, VagueTarget said:

Hi,

Please send in a support ticket.

Just please be aware that we of course cannot guarantee normal working of the  client when any modifications have been made to the base files. But we can have a look. 

[SWN]
Players
59 posts
7,401 battles

This happens to me when I alt tab the game, when i go back in my rudder will display only half rudder. 

It does actually still go full rudder, but it only shows half rudder as max. I do have my max fps cap set higher than normal but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Just some visual bug that's been happening since 2-3 patches a go. So it will probably be fixed in about 5-10 years. 

Beta Tester
6 posts
10,006 battles
3 hours ago, MrConway said:

Just please be aware that we of course cannot guarantee normal working of the  client when any modifications have been made to the base files. But we can have a look. 

yeah did, i was more like fishing for feedback/advice if any one else noticed it too. It's definitely a thing. I tried it on my NA client as well, which is clean and mod free. Just by editing the engine_config.xml you get the same effect.

Beta Tester
6 posts
10,006 battles
On 9/7/2020 at 2:04 PM, MrConway said:

@MrConway pls whip your CS department, when i submit a bug report in English, I a) expect to be answered in English and b) i don't need a standard response which is not appropriate to the issue. This is a BUG, not a player issue. Well, strictly yes, but still the behaviour of the game client makes no sense since this little engine setting worked for years before....

Beta Tester
247 posts
12,209 battles
On 9/7/2020 at 3:04 PM, MrConway said:

Maybe you should stop locking fps. 5 years later.