Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SkollUlfr

un-scaled mode possible?

10 comments in this topic

Players
559 posts
5,180 battles

though i suspect you cant just change some numbers in an ini file like original homeworld, would it be possible to get a mode in wows without the scaling of ships, ship speeds, shell speed etc?

maybe as a future event??

• Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
4,655 posts

I like the idea, but one area where I suspect there would be problems is with mouse controls and gunnery. That sort of mode would require much a much better system of locking on target to be available.

In principle :Smile_great:

Players
274 posts
14,070 battles

so the scaling in the game is like 5x This scaling led to me realizing the actual speed of the planes shown during the CV rework intro videos was around mach 1.3. If the scale was reduced to 1x games would be like 100 minutes long and the first 30 minutes would be spent just trying to get into range to see the enemy. It would take about 8 minutes for cv planes to even spot the enemy. I would fall asleep if that was the scaling.

Players
559 posts
5,180 battles

so maybe run it for a week or two with no scaling then for a week or 2 with the scaling at 50%.

either way, i think it would make for an interesting change of pace.

.... pun not intended.

[CATS]
Players
26,792 posts
14,383 battles
4 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

so maybe run it for a week or two with no scaling then for a week or 2 with the scaling at 50%.

either way, i think it would make for an interesting change of pace.

.... pun not intended.

No.

You would wait ages in queue for players.

[I-J-N]
Players
4,655 posts
5 hours ago, The_Chiv said:

so the scaling in the game is like 5x This scaling led to me realizing the actual speed of the planes shown during the CV rework intro videos was around mach 1.3. If the scale was reduced to 1x games would be like 100 minutes long and the first 30 minutes would be spent just trying to get into range to see the enemy. It would take about 8 minutes for cv planes to even spot the enemy. I would fall asleep if that was the scaling.

Yes, the one problem with multiplayer games is that time compression isn't an option. In this regard, the scaling kind of makes sense, the problem for me personally, however, tends to be that reaction times are similarly accelerated as well... :cap_old:

Players
8,169 posts
9,081 battles
6 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Yes, the one problem with multiplayer games is that time compression isn't an option. In this regard, the scaling kind of makes sense, the problem for me personally, however, tends to be that reaction times are similarly accelerated as well... :cap_old:

WoWS is hardly a game that requires lightning fast reflexes. 

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
4,655 posts
8 hours ago, HaachamaShipping said:

WoWS is hardly a game that requires lightning fast reflexes. 

Tells you something about my reflexes then...:Smile_hiding:

Sign in to follow this