Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FizzlePopBerryTwist

Life of a destroyer - torping is for idiots

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester
30 posts

Here is how my runs go:

 

1. find the perfect target. Slow moving, unaware BS

2. set up the perfect angle and get as close it gets

3. fire torps, use all you got! booster if available!!!!!!!!!

 

4. watch as the enemy battleship goes up in flames............ BY GETTING CITADELLED LAST SECOND FROM A GUY ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP!!!!!!!:cap_rambo:

 

:Smile_sad::Smile_sad::Smile_sad::Smile_sad::Smile_sad::Smile_sad:

 

Story of my life.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XYZ]
Players
124 posts

Use the skill that speeds up torps ;),...Or, use the best torp you have...your ship with a ramming flag ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RIPDK]
Players
10 posts

hi all i served  on a ww2 destroyer  and a few other ships and i can tell you that it was easy to hit a target  more than you can in this game  but the game is very very good  the destroyer i was on had it t/tubes taken off  the guns was far more better. also once  did an exercise  with 2 other naves one had 15 ships one had 10 ships and there was just are ship just 1  not going to mention the naves but one had just come  from nam  the exercise was an NGS  on 3 targets one did not get any where near the targets the other nave (nam ) partially damaged  one target we  only ship fired 12 shots  and obliterated all 3 targets    

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RIPDK]
Players
10 posts
4 minutes ago, slinger_7 said:

hi all i served  on a ww2 destroyer  and a few other ships and i can tell you that it was easy to hit a target  more than you can in this game  but the game is very very good  the destroyer i was on had it t/tubes taken off  the guns was far more better. also once  did an exercise  with 2 other naves one had 15 ships one had 10 ships and there was just are ship just 1  not going to mention the naves but one had just come  from nam  the exercise was an NGS  on 3 targets one did not get any where near the targets the other nave (nam ) partially damaged  one target we  only ship fired 12 shots  and obliterated all 3 targets    

spelt navy wrong ha ha ha shooting to fast 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
26,687 posts
14,310 battles
26 minutes ago, slinger_7 said:

... we  only ship fired 12 shots  and obliterated all 3 targets    

...at what distance?

... what type of targets? (size, speed)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RIPDK]
Players
10 posts

the targets was 3 buildings about 4/5 miles inland  but as i say the 15 ships fired more than us and so did the 10 ships  and the 10 had just come from Vietnam doing NGS we only had 4.5,s  just a 2gun mount because of this we finished the exercise early 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
26,687 posts
14,310 battles
8 hours ago, slinger_7 said:

the targets was 3 buildings about 4/5 miles inland  but as i say the 15 ships fired more than us and so did the 10 ships  and the 10 had just come from Vietnam doing NGS we only had 4.5,s  just a 2gun mount because of this we finished the exercise early 

That is not comparable to moving targets at 10 km+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RIPDK]
Players
10 posts

ho did i not tell you at that time   i held the record for locking on to a moving target took just 8 second from acquire target from radar to locking on and shooting and hitting target with 2 shots  no doubt with the systems they have on these modern gunnery/ missiles they can do it faster ,you see when you are playing these games you are having to be the gunnery team in the turret gunnery team in the TS, the coxswain team in the wheelhouse, radar plotting team, torpedo teams, on watch lookouts teams, damage control teams and the captain all in one  just to hit the target . IT TAKES A SHIPSCOPENY ACTING AS A TEAM TO MAKE IT HAPPEN I KNOW I HAVE BEEN ONE OF THOUGHS TEAMS    I was an A/B FC2 was in the Royal Navy for 8 years , i have fired just about every calibra of gun from a .22, .303,9mm, slr,s ,20mm Oerlikon, 40/60 bofors  4.5 in. and a seacat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
Players
1,196 posts
26,088 battles
19 hours ago, slinger_7 said:

hi all i served  on a ww2 destroyer  and a few other ships and i can tell you that it was easy to hit a target  more than you can in this game  but the game is very very good  the destroyer i was on had it t/tubes taken off  the guns was far more better. also once  did an exercise  with 2 other naves one had 15 ships one had 10 ships and there was just are ship just 1  not going to mention the naves but one had just come  from nam  the exercise was an NGS  on 3 targets one did not get any where near the targets the other nave (nam ) partially damaged  one target we  only ship fired 12 shots  and obliterated all 3 targets    

:Smile_honoring:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RIPDK]
Players
10 posts

to  the Colonel yep you can hit target first time  done it many times and i have only been playing the game 7 days 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
26,687 posts
14,310 battles
29 minutes ago, slinger_7 said:

to  the Colonel yep you can hit target first time  done it many times and i have only been playing the game 7 days 

Then I wonder why you claim that hitting stuff in game is more difficult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XYZ]
Players
124 posts
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Then I wonder why you claim that hitting stuff in game is more difficult.

I imagine that the rudder turning speed of a real life dd is not 4-5 seconds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RIPDK]
Players
10 posts

when i was on the HMS Ark Royal (old one ) it took 5 miles to turn if any one fell over board  it was a lose by the time we would get round to him he would be lost as for destroyer i was on was HMS Cavalier the fastest ship in the Navy at that time  if we was doing  a fast run it would turn very quickly  and we would have to hold on,  the iron deck was almost level with the water  i tell you now you would be .../..../../_ ing your self  thinking the ship would topple as it was top heavy and on all  the ships i have been on i have steered them  HMS Jupiter  circumnavigated the world and i did most of the steering  can i ask how old are you and have you ever been in the navy  i also been to over 32 countries  with the Navy  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PGT2P]
Players
57 posts
6,072 battles

No one is going to match your experience at sea here slinger_7, but you'll soon have people reminding you that Wows is a game with arcade action and that WG isn't remotely interested in realism.  Those of us who've sailed the Seven Seas don't have much we can contribute... sadly.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×