Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Execute0rder66

Hayate or Agir

41 comments in this topic

Players
1,747 posts

Hi fellas,

Maybe I should underline some points before you answer; 

- I read the technical characteristics of these ships and watched some videos and informed myself enough but you are welcome to discuss technicalities here if you'd like.

- I have every other FXP ship.

- I have Siegfried and Odin.

- Agir is reviewed as poor man's Siegfried by LWM.

- I'd like to ask Hayate owners specifically, their experience and joy in this ship

- I know many think Hayate doesn't worth 2 Million FXP but as stated above i'm a collector, so i will get it either way. The question is which one first?

- I have 1 Million FXP atm.

My current opinion is to go for Hayate as I have Siegfried and Odin considering Agir game play will be similar to those but it means I should wait longer for another million FXP.

Could Hayate owners share their opinions?

Thanks& Cheers,

E066

[NMA]
Players
1,274 posts
18,961 battles

I know you are looking for opinions on Hayate, but I have to say, Agir is the only ship I regret getting.

Specially if you got Odin and/or Siegfried. I just don't see the point in obtaining Agir. It's like getting Azuma after you got Yoshino.

• Cool 2

[XTREM]
Players
3,809 posts
11,277 battles

Hayate is a very underestimated ship.I have been hyped from day one when I heared about her release and was very happy to get her as soon as she released. 

She is very hard to play but the guns she has make up for that. The amount of alpha strike she can get out in a short amount of time with a gunturret setup favoring a kiting playstyle will devastate any DD attempting a chase with only Daring and Khaba being able to beat her on equal terms. 

Her torps have a long reload and are only 2x5 but as usable as 12km Shima torps. 

If you want a challenge that rewards clever play get yourself Hayate. 

• Cool 6

Players
8,199 posts
9,087 battles
5 minutes ago, quickr said:

Specially if you got Odin and/or Siegfried. I just don't see the point in obtaining Agir. It's like getting Azuma after you got Yoshino.

Because Ägir does the job that Odin should have been decent at? Using dpm and accuracy to compensate for the poorer than BB guns when ambushing broadsiders with its concealment? Because Ägir imo is very much T9 cruiser and much more useful than the Odin.

• Cool 3

[NMA]
Players
1,274 posts
18,961 battles
24 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:

Because Ägir does the job that Odin should have been decent at? Using dpm and accuracy to compensate for the poorer than BB guns when ambushing broadsiders with its concealment? Because Ägir imo is very much T9 cruiser and much more useful than the Odin.

Because play style is too similar. Full points for passive aggressive response tho :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,593 battles

Dig into ship stats in detail yourself and find what is usefull to you but others are maybe overlooking. Take future captain skill changes into account also.

While LWM has very interesting info she looks at ships with a certain point of view. So do many CC.

Why they are not always right you can see if you look up the stats of top players of "trash/meh" branded ships. Obviously they are doing something different with such ships be it tactics or build that others do not see or recognise.

• Bad 2

Players
1,747 posts
12 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Dig into ship stats in detail yourself and find what is usefull to you but others are maybe overlooking. Take future captain skill changes into account also.

While LWM has very interesting info she looks at ships with a certain point of view. So do many CC.

Why they are not always right you can see if you look up the stats of top players of "trash/meh" branded ships. Obviously they are doing something different with such ships be it tactics or build that others do not see or recognise.

Thanks for your opinion but did you even read my original post? 

I wrote i already informed myself about the ships and asked Hayate owners specifically what they think about Hayate.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Players
1,039 posts
11,915 battles

Well, it may be that i simply still have to get into it, but ive been disappointed with Hayate from the very first second. Weak crossover between shima and harugumo, combining weaknesses rather than strengths imo

• Cool 1

Players
1,747 posts
4 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Well, it may be that i simply still have to get into it, but ive been disappointed with Hayate from the very first second. Weak crossover between shima and harugumo, combining weaknesses rather than strengths imo

You mean you regret buying it? What don’t you like about it exactly when you play it? Is it the torps, guns or something else?

Players
1,039 posts
11,915 battles
4 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

You mean you regret buying it? What don’t you like about it exactly when you play it? Is it the torps, guns or something else?

I kinda regret it yeah, i mean i mainly got it from a collector point, but still. 

Hayate feels weak on both the guns and the torpedos, it is not very fast for a DD, not quite as stealthy as Shimakaze (though a lot better than Harugumo), has very little AA, the gun range is too low to be good, the torpedos are only 12km while you would basically want 20kms on a ship like this, while they also get spotted from very far away, it turns like a brick. 

It is a kind of fun ship, with a nice play style, but it just feels very weak to me

• Cool 1

Players
1,549 posts
7,204 battles

I don't have Siegfried yet, but Agir is a joy to play. Flambass also said that she is her favorite German gurl at the moment. LWM does nice reviews, but her overall opinion misses sometimes.

I also wanted to have Hayate for the T10 Yugumo experience, but I've heard she was clumsy, and 2000.000 freeXP is a steep price. I'd rather invest that amount in the research bureau.

• Cool 5

[SHAD]
Players
2,615 posts
11,677 battles

I have Siegfried and Agir. I think Siegfried is the better ship with it's secondaries, accuracy and 25mm overmatch but the Agir is very good.

If you have the Siegfried then you could probably ignore the Agir as it's so similar.

On to the Hayate, I don't have it and I very rarely see any in battle.

Plenty of Smallands around, makes you think....

It's quite likely we'll see more freeXP ships coming so personally I would wait.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
925 posts
9,418 battles

If you already have the Siegfried, just go for the Hayate. I have the Ægir, and it plays very similar to the Siegfried, not to mention they're using the same hull with 27mm plating.

• Cool 1

Players
1,039 posts
11,915 battles
23 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

I kinda regret it yeah, i mean i mainly got it from a collector point, but still. 

Hayate feels weak on both the guns and the torpedos, it is not very fast for a DD, not quite as stealthy as Shimakaze (though a lot better than Harugumo), has very little AA, the gun range is too low to be good, the torpedos are only 12km while you would basically want 20kms on a ship like this, while they also get spotted from very far away, it turns like a brick. 

It is a kind of fun ship, with a nice play style, but it just feels very weak to me

Ive got a video about it on my youtube btw, and it basically boils down to all this. Underwhelming, but it is a nice playstyle i guess- if you can get it to work. 

But it is underwhelming

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,853 posts
5,332 battles
19 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I don't have Siegfried yet, but Agir is a joy to play. Flambass also said that she is her favorite German gurl at the moment. LWM does nice reviews, but her overall opinion misses sometimes.

Flambass is a she now? Did anyone tell him that?:Smile-_tongue:

Joking aside, I have to echo the reccomendations of Ægir. Actually went and got Hayate myself late last night, but not played her yet.

Players
1,747 posts
5 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Joking aside, I have to echo the reccomendations of Ægir. Actually went and got Hayate myself late last night, but not played her yet.

Let me know what you think after you play :)

Players
7,119 posts
245 battles

I would say that agir is a poor mans alaska since both are supercruisers and siegfried is a battlecruiser (weegee doesnt loike subclasses).

I think wat poshanai said seems correct, Hayate seems more like a alpha strike kind of DD rather than DPM focused. But she can be pretty awkward as she plays somewhat similar to shimakaze.

Agir seems to be a pretty good, 2nd line sometimes a close line support supercruiser. Heard shes a very good kiter as well, but can't contest that (wish she had the icebreaker with dem secondaries doe).

Agir seems to be the better choice too be honest, Hayate seems nice, but there are far better and more consisten DD's out there that can fulfill her roles in-general.

Although since you have the Siegfried, getting the agir isn't such a priority compared to hayate.

Hayate seems too be a very good ambush, hide and strike gunboat with very slow reload to her torps.

Judging from what i've seen and heard of her so far.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,853 posts
5,332 battles
14 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Let me know what you think after you play :)

Obviously. Won't be tonight though, giving myself a break today^^

• Cool 1

[COMFY]
Players
1,386 posts
8,229 battles

Have both and I would say Hayate cuz it is more unique.

If you want fun German get Pommern.

• Cool 1

Players
611 posts
4,653 battles

Personally, I would think long and hard which one suits your play style and what you consider fun best.

It seems to me that many of the recent releases of WG (with perhaps some of the Russian heavy cruisers being the exception) are more ships that must suit your play style, and might have a higher skill floor to get decent to good results in. And with all respects to the opinion of CC's (many of them (very) good players), again, part of it is that it is biased opinion about ships based on what suits their play style and they consider fun. For instance, Flamu and Flambass have a number of ships that they have diametrically opposed opinions about, I have seen Mr Gibbins call ships trash that other streamers fairly consistently have good results in, and in there are numerous examples of this issue. 

Players
1,747 posts
15 minutes ago, Dutchy_2019 said:

Personally, I would think long and hard which one suits your play style and what you consider fun best.

It seems to me that many of the recent releases of WG (with perhaps some of the Russian heavy cruisers being the exception) are more ships that must suit your play style, and might have a higher skill floor to get decent to good results in. And with all respects to the opinion of CC's (many of them (very) good players), again, part of it is that it is biased opinion about ships based on what suits their play style and they consider fun. For instance, Flamu and Flambass have a number of ships that they have diametrically opposed opinions about, I have seen Mr Gibbins call ships trash that other streamers fairly consistently have good results in, and in there are numerous examples of this issue. 

4 hours ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Thanks for your opinion but did you even read my original post? 

I wrote i already informed myself about the ships and asked Hayate owners specifically what they think about Hayate.

:cap_like:

[SHAFT]
Players
9,899 posts
9,003 battles

Dont get your hopes up for Hayate players showing up here

image.png.fad2a0885bf2c67b968a4f0d78949af8.png

:Smile_hiding:

looking at it from an outside, non-biased view:

If you already have Odin/Siegfried, id get Hayate first because you want to get it anyway. If it would be a choice between getting either, id take Ägir, just because 2m FreeXP is overpriced.

• Cool 3

Players
1,747 posts
11 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Dont get your hopes up for Hayate players showing up here

image.png.fad2a0885bf2c67b968a4f0d78949af8.png

:Smile_hiding:

looking at it from an outside, non-biased view:

If you already have Odin/Siegfried, id get Hayate first because you want to get it anyway. If it would be a choice between getting either, id take Ägir, just because 2m FreeXP is overpriced.

Yea, i know there aren't many Hayate players due to its Rodeo Drive price tag but even a couple of players with hands on experience about this ship can provide more solid feedback than many others with assumptions.  

I'll wait a little bit and then decide. Maybe we will see more Hayate owners stopping by :Smile_Default:

Players
8,199 posts
9,087 battles
57 minutes ago, Dutchy_2019 said:

It seems to me that many of the recent releases of WG (with perhaps some of the Russian heavy cruisers being the exception) are more ships that must suit your play style, and might have a higher skill floor to get decent to good results in. 

Which one? 

[ADRIA]
Players
249 posts
9,467 battles
12 hours ago, lafeel said:
12 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

The joke's on you it seems. Back to reading comprehension class, off you go, choppy chop!

Sign in to follow this