You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kapnobathrac

hindenburg

54 comments in this topic

Players
388 posts

was my first ship and since i didnt know to play the game that well i didnt like it. So i grinder many other tier X cruiers and upon returing to hindy i can say its hands down the best for solo games

• Cool 2

Players
252 posts
4,189 battles
5 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

was my first ship and since i didnt know to play the game that well i didnt like it. So i grinder many other tier X cruiers and upon returing to hindy i can say its hands down the best for solo games

I haven't got to the Hindy as yet, but could you flesh out your post & maybe explain your reasoning & compare with other cruisers. I am trying to work out which cruiser line to grind to tier X & cannot make up my mind.

[-AP-]
Players
2,566 posts
6,325 battles

I wouldnt call her the best, shes a fine ship, but far from being in general "the best"

Shes not even the best at any specific thing, shes just a decent all-rounder and a fine kiting cruiser

[SHAFT]
Players
9,842 posts
8,985 battles
1 minute ago, DiggerPH said:

I haven't got to the Hindy as yet, but could you flesh out your post & maybe explain your reasoning & compare with other cruisers. I am trying to work out which cruiser line to grind to tier X & cannot make up my mind.

Hindenburg is a jack of all trades, but sadly, thats not a good feature anymore. Ships which specialize in certain areas are stronger, as they get a job done quicker, aslong as they are suited to do it.

Venezia and Henri are stronger as direct competition. Venezia can help deal with DDs thanks to the smoke, which also increases the survivability (stay alive = more game influence). Henri on the other hand has good AP, its so fast in can actually catch DDs and the MBRB is on demand fires or extra citadels.

Hindenburg has high HE pen, which deals no damage, so its better against a few select ships, but worse against everything else. On the other hand, it has high damage AP, but no pen to be a severe threat. Its also slower so it doesnt deal well with DDs.

Players
252 posts
4,189 battles

How does Goliath compare in this company? Its probably the line I may try to finish grinding first.

Players
8,169 posts
9,081 battles
9 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Hindenburg has high HE pen, which deals no damage

Highest CA HE dpm apart from Venezia (if we count SAP) and DesMo. Hindenburg certainly isn't hurting in the damage output imo and just to spam people to death, it works pretty well.

11 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Hindenburg is a jack of all trades, but sadly, thats not a good feature anymore. Ships which specialize in certain areas are stronger, as they get a job done quicker, aslong as they are suited to do it.

I would say, it is what kills the Hinden in competitive, but for randoms, the ship works still quite well. Just not necessarily exciting, but Hindenburg typically isn't strong against much, but also not weak. 

1 minute ago, DiggerPH said:

How does Goliath compare in this company? Its probably the line I may try to finish grinding first.

Hindenburg has better dpm and better range, Goliath has more devastating salvos and is tankier. Also is stealthier. Both aren't incredibly fast, neither has any special tools. 

[SHAFT]
Players
9,842 posts
8,985 battles
3 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:

Highest CA HE dpm apart from Venezia (if we count SAP) and DesMo. Hindenburg certainly isn't hurting in the damage output imo and just to spam people to death, it works pretty well.

For me the problem is, lets say, you fight a DD, and you usually only get so many salvos of, and only 1-2 are expected to be good ones where the DD is broadside (unless DD is dumb). So with Hindi you can only get so much, Henri will get more and we dont have to talk about Venezia :cap_haloween:

Against Cruisers we have the same but with AP. Henri is a Citadel threat, while Hindi is "only" pens.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
278 posts
6,523 battles
22 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Venezia and Henri are stronger as direct competition. Venezia can help deal with DDs thanks to the smoke, which also increases the survivability (stay alive = more game influence). Henri on the other hand has good AP, its so fast in can actually catch DDs and the MBRB is on demand fires or extra citadels.

Hindenburg has high HE pen, which deals no damage, so its better against a few select ships, but worse against everything else. On the other hand, it has high damage AP, but no pen to be a severe threat. Its also slower so it doesnt deal well with DDs.

Idk, I really, really, really like my Hindy. I prefer it in randoms over any other cruiser I currently own. Just that versatility and the ability to adapt to sudden changes in battle is what I need. 

I honestly never had a problem dealing with a Venezia or a Henri in mine. 

• Cool 2

[-AP-]
Players
2,566 posts
6,325 battles
4 minutes ago, CrniVrag said:

Idk, I really, really, really like my Hindy. I prefer it in randoms over any other cruiser I currently own. Just that versatility and the ability to adapt to sudden changes in battle is what I need. 

I honestly never had a problem dealing with a Venezia or a Henri in mine. 

if you are taking on venezias and henries in long range duels in hindy, you are winning through individual skill, not the ships strengths

Players
8,169 posts
9,081 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

For me the problem is, lets say, you fight a DD, and you usually only get so many salvos of, and only 1-2 are expected to be good ones where the DD is broadside (unless DD is dumb). So with Hindi you can only get so much, Henri will get more and we dont have to talk about Venezia :cap_haloween:

Against Cruisers we have the same but with AP. Henri is a Citadel threat, while Hindi is "only" pens.

I mean, yes, Hindenburg does worse against DDs than the other two, but still isn't terrible at it. Against cruisers, Citadels at mid range are possible and at short range are still very likely and when enemy cruisers are angled, Hindenburg is just straight up better than Henri. Against BBs meanwhile, where the AP threat is pretty low for most cruisers, Hindenburg is just much better than the Henri and given fires exist, also can compete with Venezia. If you do use AP on broadside BBs, you are mostly going to spam upper belt/superstructure and there the Hindenburg also has way higher dpm, while the typical upper belt strength is no challenge.

For solo play, I would rate Hindenburg pretty well, just because the main obstacle are not DDs. DDs half the time die to CVs or other DDs or other ships on your team. Even if you kill all enemy DDs, doesn't mean your DDs can capitalise on it, as they might throw themselves away too or get murdered by CV. Meanwhile dealing with cruisers and BBs will be an issue every game and the Hindenburg is pretty ok at that. 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
278 posts
6,523 battles
5 minutes ago, thiextar said:

if you are taking on venezias and henries in long range duels in hindy, you are winning through individual skill, not the ships strengths

I never claimed doing that, I said I never had problems dealing with them. I usually let Henris who want to play the "I'll just sail at max range and juke" game, just go. They're not important for me, a one trick pony who can't cap, has no radar, can't support dd's, gets torn apart once it gets closer. Just stop shooting, go undetected, change flank or get into cover from him so you can still shoot with no threat from him.

Players
3,420 posts
4,931 battles
1 hour ago, kapnobathrac said:

For me its the worst cruiser on TX. No matter how I angle, turn or distance from enemy, I always eat citadels. That piece of crap hates me.

Believe it or not I enjoy to play Minotaur and have better performance overall compared to Hindi.

Players
178 posts
5,117 battles

found her really good at annoying BBs to death

HE can get pens prettymuch anywhere and meanwhile you can kite and wiggle and her armor is good enough to survive most of what they throw at you that does land

and if they dont chase you just grind them down 

have regularly had games where 4 BBs where chasing me and slowly they where dying, and i wasnt 

but in cruiser v cruiser or when you need a DD dead quick, she is kindof disappointing

not bad, she isnt bad at anything, but she also isnt really great at anything 

as you kindof need to get past the cruisers and DDs to get into range to annoy BBs  

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
278 posts
6,523 battles
10 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

For me its the worst cruiser on TX. No matter how I angle, turn or distance from enemy, I always eat citadels. That piece of crap hates me.

Believe it or not I enjoy to play Minotaur and have better performance overall compared to Hindi.

Boooo! :cap_horn:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[JRM]
Players
6,578 posts
24,810 battles

Hindi was great for Ranks in the days when only a handful of BBs penned her deck, nowadays its meh, yes her shells pen but the damage is quite low, for her damage spammer role I like Goliath better...

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,121 posts
8,691 battles

I agree that the Hinden is a jack of all trades master of none which is not an ideal feature, I agree that the Hinden suffers from increasing amount of 30 mm overmatching BB's, I agree that it has lost its "tanky identity" it once has.

But it is still my most played ship, it still works and I still think it is a blast to play.

Players
3,420 posts
4,931 battles
29 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Hindi was great for Ranks in the days when only a handful of BBs penned her deck, nowadays its meh, yes her shells pen but the damage is quite low, for her damage spammer role I like Goliath better...

I said long time ago that im done with playing Hindi (because of mentioned reason) and than this SC per TX event started and I took another ride into Co op. I was bow on turned to 18-20 km bot Kurfurst and he deleted me in one salvo.

33k damage from 1 single salvo, and it was not even broadside...

Enough said...

I believe Hindi was good ship, but that was long time ago. Lot of things changed since.

I enjoy playing Mino. Heck, I know its the squishist TX ship but at least I know what im dealing with and in that scenario I know I need to play careful.

Now in few days im about to get Worcester.

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts
5 hours ago, kapnobathrac said:

Your first ship a  T10 cruiser ?.

And didn’t know how to play and yet grinded many other T10’s ?.

Really ?.

Players
458 posts
3,886 battles

It's pretty cappy those days it's been power creeped I really started to notice it around the time of the CV rework, it's now among the worst performing T10 cruisers the top performers are doing 80-90k damage a game the hind 72k it's also among the lowest for frags kill/death and win ratios.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,842 posts
8,985 battles
1 hour ago, Ryuuteimaru said:

It's pretty cappy those days it's been power creeped I really started to notice it around the time of the CV rework, it's now among the worst performing T10 cruisers the top performers are doing 80-90k damage a game the hind 72k it's also among the lowest for frags kill/death and win ratios.

Only because germany happens to be included on EU server. And most germans play german ships, because reason (not excluded to germans ofc, but respectively for every nation). And those players are usually the worst amongst all, dragging the stats down

https://na.wows-numbers.com/ship/4259231440,Zao/

if you go to NA server, Hindenburg is in the middle of the pack (ignoring that alltime stats are not really good to compare, but for this i guess its ok). And which ship is worse on NA server? DM! Because US ships and USA is in NA so...

• Cool 1

[WONLY]
Players
427 posts

Solid damage farmer, but not a game winner. All the overmatch-calibre BBs limit her playstyle more than ever to long range HE spam. Since the rudder is slow and the ship is huge, dodging shells with WASD isn't working well against semi-competent players unless you play at a safe range where the influence of the ship is limited.

Players
388 posts
10 hours ago, MadBadDave said:

Your first ship a  T10 cruiser ?.

And didn’t know how to play and yet grinded many other T10’s ?.

Really ?.

I meant my first tier X