Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bear__Necessities

Get rid of the bots. Actually try make decent MM?? Asymmetrical battles.

66 comments in this topic

Players
3,380 posts
14,110 battles

@MrConway I implore you. Ask them to get rid of the bots. Scrap the token system that limits T8 players or at least let the queues wait a bit longer to actually get REAL players. It's a joke trying to play the T8's. Why even bother? When this is the results every time bots are added. 

image.thumb.png.6283097e04875fdc8932244777586c70.png

It's not fun. It's not worth the effort really. All in all. My experience shows me this mode was poorly implement and is nothing but failure. It's not even much fun when low tier and MM gives you this gem. Yes, a team with 2 radar cruiers, 1 cruiser tht can heal and shhot from smoke and 2 BB's, with heals. Torps and more HP with heals than the entire T5 HP pool combined.....

unknown.png

Come on..... WG surely can do better than this right??

• Cool 10
  • Funny 3

Players
575 posts
5,188 battles

what are overmatch mechanics, alex? 

the way the new radar works make this premature among other things.

radar needs to be;

a multiplier against the target ships detection stat, not a blanket 'X'km detection.

only show a circle the ship is in like smoke, not actually make the ship viable.

be obstructed by objects same as LoS, not see through the ground.

there are other things like per ship mm modifiers, different ways of dealing with fire damage saturation, and making flotation its own thing.

if wg would fix pre-requisite foundations, this flexibility is possible... but the foundations need to be there. 

[L4GG]
Players
3,168 posts
10,741 battles
5 hours ago, Bear__Necessities said:

It's not fun. It's not worth the effort really. All in all. My experience shows me this mode was poorly implement and is nothing but failure. It's not even much fun when low tier and MM gives you this gem. Yes, a team with 2 radar cruiers, 1 cruiser tht can heal and shhot from smoke and 2 BB's, with heals. Torps and more HP with heals than the entire T5 HP pool combined..

take it easy.

it will change.

i think WG implemented this mode with caution, and open to rebalance. Most probable they wanted to make sure the low tier ships had a chance , they started from there but surely the thing won't finish there.

As a lower tier it's fun as hell, you will win it every time.

Why should we pick a higher tier ship and pay to lose?

that's why i believe it will change, but for now let us and you have some fun.

instead of Big E, pick Langley, enjoy your dds or something

I'm rarely in this side of the fence, it wont last longer , WG being WG.

For now it's like co-op, the old co-op with little meat around the bones 

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,570 battles

When you freed up a high tier ship it stays available without further tokens...so the players just need to unlcock some ships to get going asif tokens were not there.

Fact is that is not really what is happening. Yet....

Besides that, winning on the high tier takes cooperation ( the same way Operation Newport does, practically the same situation for the high tiers in most maps  )  meaning that will probably never work really well for the masses of random strangers. But a core of players may evolve that do get the hang of it. Newport is perfectly winnable as well....but not for the masses.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,344 posts
8,150 battles

Winning on High Tier would first of all require a Team of Players instead of Bots.

Till the Bots are removed Playing High Tier is effectively gonna be losing Matches

• Cool 4

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,570 battles
16 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Winning on High Tier would first of all require a Team of Players instead of Bots.

Ever played Operation Newport ? Human players are guarantee for nothing.

First requirement is human players that want to put effort in cooperating in focussing fire ( the way to kill incoming masses ) and preferable sailing in close formation instead of deviding themselves to be picked off.

Since just a collection of human players will not naturally do that they will fail time and again. Just as they do in Operation Newport, against incoming low tier bots. Unless there are multiple players among them that do know how things work.....also just like in Operation Newport when it is won with 5 stars.

Players
2,905 posts

I like the mode.

I enjoy having bots as teammates and in games.

Never had problem with bots.

If something needs to die in this game is divisions imo.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,570 battles
42 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

I like the mode.

I do too...an opportunity to get rusting ships in port moving again...and have fun.

wows 133.jpg

And there are lessons to be learned for sure....low tier ships can pack amazing power easily sinking anything. No one should take Fuso and Kongo class AP shells lightly either i noticed, as they are fast enough to flank.

If something needs to die in this game is divisions imo.

Agree completely.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Beta Tester
1,003 posts
15,906 battles

It just shows that WG cant come up with a decent gamemode that players might like, submarines were a good example, had lots of bots there too showing the greatness of the idea in general. Then returnng to the bastion mode, where ground instalations sort of ignored the game mechanics of rickochets and constant overpens and actually DID more damage than players could? This here is no exeption, but the fact is worse with the constant overpenetration thing.

Sadly, pumping copy/pasta premiums is much easier than coming up with an intriguing game mode, and filing those and randoms with BOTS, just shows that players are losing interest to the game because their influence on the outcome is getting removed.

• Cool 2

[ALONE]
Modder
2,182 posts
13,733 battles

I just wish there would be a second version where I could play T8 and the low-tiers were all bots. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
222 posts
12,144 battles

At least this time the game mode counts towards directives, etc. Sub mode didn't which added to the lack of interest.

Personally whilst not amazing gameplay, it is nice to take out some lower tier ships. Same as the new Campaign with tiers 2-4, which has been good to revisit some old ships that seemed painful to play back when I was learning the basics, but now which feel a lot more comfortable to play. Kind of sad really that there is such a push for only high tier gameplay, as low tier has been fun and there's a lot of work put into modelling all those ships which just aren't the focus of the developer anymore.

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,570 battles

Weekend warriors did what nothing else could : camp the high tiers into victory. :Smile_facepalm:

The low tiers did not even cross half the map. Surest way into a defeat when you are numerical superior, yet it is happening now.

Sooo....time to switch side methinks.

Btw : did you guys notice bot CV are just COOP/Operations CV that rarely attack enemy ships ? They just uselessly overfly enemy ships making for excellent AA practise drones, but doing absolutely NOTHING for their side. You are much better off with bots in different ships even though tese are almost useless too.

Edit : when the CV is not a bot ( and has no bot team mates to be fair )  :Smile_teethhappy:

wows 134.jpg

wows 135.jpg

• Bad 1

[MUMMY]
Players
452 posts
9,653 battles

Disagree with title OP.

MM needs more bots. 

After 2 days blasting up bots for crates, I had 2 games in randoms this morning, both hard losses.

It is very clear that bots are better "players" than your average potato. 

I have gained a lot of respect for our silent, usually better skilled than your average meatbag; bot overlords :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
7,111 posts
245 battles

Should have really difficult bots too be honest and place the majority on both teams.

Wish we had a bot league in this game lol

• Cool 2

Players
2,905 posts

I tried t8. Got lucky as I had a Mogami and a Lexi to my Vladi. Everything else a bot. Send the Cv and the Moga to clear out the dds and followed close behind him. It was a hard battle but I knew I would win. I imagine a division of the above 3 would have finished them off even faster. Only big prob is the dds (they are many) but Moga and a CV wit a brain can fix that. Good mode.

• Cool 1

Players
1,735 posts
18,647 battles

As people are getting used to asymmetric battles you can really see an improvement in gameplay its actually quite fun 

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,570 battles
Just now, lovelacebeer said:

As people are getting used to asymmetric battles you can really see an improvement in gameplay its actually quite fun 

I just see a decrease in low tier "skills" : they fail to go foreward.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
207 posts
15,075 battles
12 hours ago, Bear__Necessities said:

@MrConway I implore you. Ask them to get rid of the bots. Scrap the token system that limits T8 players or at least let the queues wait a bit longer to actually get REAL players. It's a joke trying to play the T8's. Why even bother? When this is the results every time bots are added. 

It's not fun. It's not worth the effort really. All in all. My experience shows me this mode was poorly implement and is nothing but failure. It's not even much fun when low tier and MM gives you this gem. Yes, a team with 2 radar cruiers, 1 cruiser tht can heal and shhot from smoke and 2 BB's, with heals. Torps and more HP with heals than the entire T5 HP pool combined.....

unknown.png

I agree and i had also posted this some days ago 

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,346 posts
25,801 battles
35 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

I imagine a division of the above 3 would have finished them off even faster. Only big prob is the dds (they are many) but Moga and a CV wit a brain can fix that.

You are correct. As soon as DD is in smoke, hydro kills them.

2245821414.thumb.png.66524645326d7e00046ea771e53fe4b6.png

• Cool 3

[LA_FR]
[LA_FR]
Players
159 posts
2,141 battles
Il y a 13 heures, Bear__Necessities a dit :

unknown.png

l try the mode and for me it's not a very good mode, you can't make a division and you win nothing else bots or not.

Players
6,482 posts
10,755 battles
13 hours ago, Bear__Necessities said:

It's a joke trying to play the T8's. Why even bother?

I second that. Also, I dont understand the logic behind this:

When there is a CV on the low tier side, they get 9 ships (so 8 surface ships). When they DONT have a CV, they get 12 ships (which ofc means 12 surface ships).

So that is WG telling us? A CV has the game influence of 3 to 4 surface ships? are they actually admitting that? Besides the point, how much "fun" it is, to fight against 12 ships when you are 5 on your team. The focused HE spam is totaly insane and impossible to deal with. In my game, even the BBs understood to shoot HE. How do you tank that?

image.thumb.png.8e3a988e4fa1f73304fa9ee25e3cfe2b.png

8 fires, 110k took damage...

image.thumb.png.726036c5a157660d1b9d46288ed41ca7.png

Give T8s the ability to division up to 3, then it might be possible for good players to beat the odds, with teamplay and focus.... Nah, change my mind, just scrap the gamemode, I dont see the fun in that.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,570 battles
18 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Give T8s the ability to division up to 3, then it might be possible for good players to beat the odds,

Hell no, not using this mode for fake stats padding ! :Smile_izmena:

By the way "good" players in such divisions ? Taking away any challenge makes you a "good player" ??

I joined Operations channel groups a lot as they always result in 5 star victories.....and it is boring as hell. No challenge in ROFLSTOMPS.

And those groups arent even voice com coordinated......you know the difference that made Germany win WWII initially with inferior toy tanks. Because their enemy had to communicate with flags....

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,421 posts
8,478 battles

Oh, come on!!! Complain about bots when you find yourself on THIS position! :

shot-20_09.04_22_49.04-0663.thumb.jpg.975f059cec38c16a6dde7fdf953d62fa.jpg

Or in the position of this poor Asashio

shot-20_09.03_20_31.34-0007.thumb.jpg.3ecce1535973814c45637409d0914eb1.jpg

• Funny 4