Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

Shipped killed in smoke

7 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Players
4,089 posts

Hello, 

It bugs me, that when a ship hiding in smoke gets killed, Its corpse just appears.

I think it would be cool to apply smoke bonus to sinking ships also (to proximity setting).

It would create a more realistic and visually smoother experience.

• Cool 3

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,781 posts
8,898 battles

WG decision maker: "Stupid idea, brings no money, only a waste of time and resources! Great Idea. We will discuss this internally with our team and try to see what we can about this wonderful addition to the game!"

• Funny 5

[I-J-N]
Players
4,751 posts
3 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Hello, 

It bugs me, that when a ship hiding in smoke gets killed, Its corpse just appears.

I think it would be cool to apply smoke bonus to sinking ships also (to proximity setting).

It would create a more realistic and visually smoother experience.

Never occurred to me, when the ships catch fire, there ought to be one hell of a big smoke cloud there...

[THESO]
Players
4,089 posts
7 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Never occurred to me, when the ships catch fire, there ought to be one hell of a big smoke cloud there...

Ye it should... was also mentioned in the past. The problem was, that it blocks the vision of visible targets behind the smoke as it is ....

Unlike white smoke, that you can actually "zoom trough", you cant zoom trough black smoke (the ones from fires), making it hard to shoot targets behind the smoke.

Same goes for the splashes.... they block line of sight, making people use mods that enable "old graphics effect" or remove splashes all together.

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
4,751 posts
3 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Ye it should... was also mentioned in the past. The problem was, that it blocks the vision of visible targets behind the smoke as it is ....

Unlike white smoke, that you can actually "zoom trough", you cant zoom trough black smoke (the ones from fires), making it hard to shoot targets behind the smoke.

Same goes for the splashes.... they block line of sight, making people use mods that enable "old graphics effect" or remove splashes all together.

Yeah, the splashes I've noticed too. I might otherwise complain but I think overall the game would benefit from more realism rather than less realism.

Sign in to follow this