You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Maddog30

Which Ships should i get?

53 comments in this topic

[AFLET]
Beta Tester
309 posts
11,514 battles

Hello Guys i am at a crossroad on what ships i should get with my steel and coal i would like to hear every ones opinion

I have the coupon and almost 30k steel and 230k coal the ships are below in the picture 

Thanks in advance

ships.PNG

[PANEU]
Players
903 posts
1,654 battles
Vor 5 Minuten, Maddog30 sagte:

Hello Guys i am at a crossroad on what ships i should get with my steel and coal i would like to hear every ones opinion

I have the coupon and almost 30k steel and 230k coal the ships are below in the picture 

Thanks in advance

ships.PNG

Georgia is really funny. I would get shiki and Georgia even tho I can imagine that Bourgogne is stronger then shiki. But keep in mind that yoshino gives you a free supercontainer rn.

• Cool 2

Players
8,199 posts
9,087 battles

Shikishima or Bourgogne is a toss-up, imo.

For coal, do you want credit grind or permanent top tier solid performance? Georgia imo would be the credit grind ship to go for, while for T10, Yoshino and Marceau are both solid, depending on whether you want supercruiser or fast DD.

• Cool 1

Players
825 posts
9,393 battles

I got the Georgia and although I use it mostly in Co-Ops (I am scared of failing as BB captain in Randoms), she is fun. Pretty fast so you can move around with ease. Secondaries, not that impressive I suppose, they do their job.

Nowadays it seems Pommern is the one to have.

• Cool 2

Players
8,199 posts
9,087 battles
1 minute ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

My evaluation of the Georgia over Pommern would be because both can do well, but Georgia is more unique. Pommern is a quite gimped GK with torps at T9. Just play GK and forget about torping and you suddenly have a decent main battery again. Meanwhile, even Ohio doesn't do what Georgia does. Also, Ohio would be even harder to obtain.

• Cool 3

[SHAFT]
Players
9,890 posts
9,003 battles

Bourgogne is very nice and unique. Shiki is too much of Yamato imo.

• Cool 3

Players
825 posts
9,393 battles
4 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:

My evaluation of the Georgia over Pommern would be because both can do well, but Georgia is more unique. Pommern is a quite gimped GK with torps at T9. Just play GK and forget about torping and you suddenly have a decent main battery again. Meanwhile, even Ohio doesn't do what Georgia does. Also, Ohio would be even harder to obtain.

Oh yes, forgot to add something about Georgia and is the way it 'heals'.  I don't know the specifics but you can recover fast and a lot of hit points.

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Players
903 posts
1,654 battles
Vor 10 Minuten, Winged_Cat_Dormant sagte:

Oh yes, forgot to add something about Georgia and is the way it 'heals'.  I don't know the specifics but you can recover fast and a lot of hit points.

Yes it has the massa godheal. All 40 seconds. Can be an advantage and a disandvantage tho. Tbh Georgia does not play like a classic bb more like a supercruiser. It's armor is mediocre and it's best at kiting or pushing into gaps the enemy fleet creates. You have to have a good map awareness to neither overextent nor be useless. 

• Cool 3

Players
3,332 posts
25 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

I got the Georgia and although I use it mostly in Co-Ops (I am scared of failing as BB captain in Randoms), she is fun. Pretty fast so you can move around with ease. Secondaries, not that impressive I suppose, they do their job.

There is no shame in playing co op mode, sometimes even I do well in there:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
8,199 posts
9,087 battles
15 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

Half the usual CD. That's it. 40s instead of 80s.

• Cool 2

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,784 posts
8,898 battles

Most fun ship in this pack: Bourgogne! By far!

But Georgia is fine as well and come in second.

EDIT more details

Shikishima: not much of a difference to existing Yamato and also no benefits from higher caliber guns

Yoshino: relying only on lang range HE spam, cannot take a hit, but 20km torps are nice and can surprise some enemy

Marceau: nice crossover between Gearing and Kleber, but you can get both for free, so (at least for me) no real incentive to get her

Pommern: fun in a 3vs3; but in random not so much, torps are fun, secondaries too; but you need to get close in to take advantage of these and thus you will eat a lot of damage; maybe this ship will benefit from the new commander skills that were announced this week

Georgia: fast, faster, Georgia; nice to outrun some destroyers and even some torpedos; great and accurate guns; overmatches 30mm cruisers, hard hitting, quite nice secondaries as well; great ship

Bourgogne: also very fast and a reload booster on top! This combination is fun pure! and like Georgia this ship has useable secondaries on top (but don't go for it); lower caliber guns cannot overmatch cruisers, but you also get less overpens, esp. on broadside BBs, combine this with the reload boost and you can blap a broadside full life GK in 30sec!

• Cool 3

Players
1,549 posts
7,196 battles
1 minute ago, principat121 said:

Most fun ship in this pack: Bourgogne! By far!

But Georgia is fine as well and come in second.

I'd go with these two, use the coupon for the steel ship. I don't have Bourgogne, but I'd take it in your shoes. Georgia is good, not exceptional, but very good. I prefer to play it over Jean Bart and Musashi. I have the Marceau, and I like it pretty much, but would take the Georgia first. Also, I have the coal for Pommern but I'm afraid to pull the trigger. Whenever I see Pommerns on the red team, I expect an easy win (if not driven by an unicum). Just keep your distance and farm them.

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,581 battles
1 hour ago, Maddog30 said:

Thanks in advance

ships.PNG

What is your favorite nation and class ? = that ship. :Smile_coin:

I once out of nothing exploded in a Yoshino upon being detected by the first recon flight of the enemy CV, so under 2 munites in the game. Even faster then any clueless cap exploding DD. Cause ? A Shikshima salvo.....

But one thing remains true : the larger or more numerous guns get, the more inaccurate WG will make them.....or the ship will be insanely overpowered. So seemingly very attractive ships with very large or many large guns probably give you much frustration in hitting with only 1 shell of any salvo at best. And only sometimes ( RNG )  oblittering a target like they should.

• Cool 1

[GW_KR]
Players
241 posts
12,554 battles
1 hour ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

Are you really nervous about using it in randoms? (It’s a seriously asked question.)

I can understand the feeling. 😊

• Cool 1

[TFSB]
91 posts
1,906 battles

My personal choice would be Georgia and Shikishima.

Georgia has some really strong guns, her speed is awesome.

Shikishima, because yamato but bigger guns. 

My best advice though, is to research about the ships, and figure what sounds mostly like your playstyle - Because the ship that may perform well for me, may not perform well for you, due to different playstyles.:cap_like: I wish you the best luck with whichever ship you choose! (Let us know what you which though):crab:

• Cool 2

Players
8,199 posts
9,087 battles
9 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

But one thing remains true : the larger or more numerous guns get, the more inaccurate WG will make them.....or the ship will be insanely overpowered. So seemingly very attractive ships with very large or many large guns probably give you much frustration in hitting with only 1 shell of any salvo at best. And only sometimes ( RNG )  oblittering a target like they should.

Yet all the BBs with 431 mm or larger guns are reasonably accurate, if not insanely so...

• Cool 1

Players
825 posts
9,393 battles
20 minutes ago, OldPappy said:

Are you really nervous about using it in randoms? (It’s a seriously asked question.)

I can understand the feeling. 😊

Sure I am! I When I got my Yamato I just started getting 'target panic' as is called in bow practice.

I just can't. I may play well and win, but is too much stress.

• Cool 3

[DAVY]
Players
2,805 posts
13,896 battles

work on the principle that that the older ships will get removed first, so georgia for coal and bourgogne for steel, why anybody would choose the shika is beyond me, what does it do better than the yammy apart from the gun sound, it overpens everything...

• Cool 4

[I-J-N]
Players
4,777 posts

I'd recommend a moment of reflection on what kind of ships you most enjoy playing. That way you can better evaluate the pros and cons of these ships before committing to spending resources on them.

• Cool 2

Players
1,549 posts
7,196 battles
24 minutes ago, Salentine said:

work on the principle that that the older ships will get removed first, so georgia for coal and bourgogne for steel, why anybody would choose the shika is beyond me, what does it do better than the yammy apart from the gun sound, it overpens everything...

Mountbatten mentioned better secondaries, apart from the gun sound...

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,611 posts
11,676 battles
1 hour ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Mountbatten mentioned better secondaries, apart from the gun sound...

20 Harugumo guns. Unfirtunately, the citadel is from the Yamato.

• Cool 1

Players
10,038 posts
11,833 battles
1 hour ago, gopher31 said:

20 Harugumo guns. Unfirtunately, the citadel is from the Yamato.

As much as IJN 100mm guns are good, German 128mm are better due to higher pen. And afaik neither have improved accuracy on those.

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,611 posts
11,676 battles
7 minutes ago, Panocek said:

As much as IJN 100mm guns are good, German 128mm are better due to higher pen. And afaik neither have improved accuracy on those.

Shikishima secondaries reload in 3s. The German 128mm have a 4s reload.

Shikishima 100mm secondaries alone give 680,000 dpm . The GKs 128mm make only 450,000 dpm.

I agree that the 128mm guns are better but that could change if IFHE becomes a 2 point skill in the rework.

• Cool 1