Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CapitanoAraym

Unable to take in game screenshots

7 comments in this topic

Players
128 posts
19,208 battles

With the latest update, I'm somehow unable to make [PrintScreen] shortcut key to take screenshots (automatically made by the client and stored in "<...whateverinstallationfolder>/screenshot" folder.

Is it happening to anyone else???
Is it a new bug/removed feature?

Is it changed to store the screenshot in some new folder I'm unaware of? (the game itself "freeze" for a second like always did, processing a screenshot, but I'm in the doubt that is actually and simply my PC loading it in its memory, waiting to be copied to some graphic software as image, rather than actually the client itself working to process the image and save it int the folder like in the past)

**DISCLAIMERS**

1. Yes. I know that I could "printscreen" the image in any graphic software, pasting it. But I'd like to find again the client ability to do it, as I'm used to take  in battle screenshot on the fly, and find then them in the "screenshot" folder of my installed client...
  2. Yes, there are other methods, but generally it means activating 3rd party softwares, and I'm not so interested, if the game itself do the same job, but just with this patch it seems to not work
  3. Could be actually some kind of bug and reporting it is a good way, eventually to be fixed

[WG]
WG Staff
4,150 posts
4,342 battles
Před 1 hodinou CapitanoAraym řekl/a:

With the latest update, I'm somehow unable to make [PrintScreen] shortcut key to take screenshots (automatically made by the client and stored in "<...whateverinstallationfolder>/screenshot" folder.

Is it happening to anyone else???
Is it a new bug/removed feature?

Is it changed to store the screenshot in some new folder I'm unaware of? (the game itself "freeze" for a second like always did, processing a screenshot, but I'm in the doubt that is actually and simply my PC loading it in its memory, waiting to be copied to some graphic software as image, rather than actually the client itself working to process the image and save it int the folder like in the past)

**DISCLAIMERS**

1. Yes. I know that I could "printscreen" the image in any graphic software, pasting it. But I'd like to find again the client ability to do it, as I'm used to take  in battle screenshot on the fly, and find then them in the "screenshot" folder of my installed client...
  2. Yes, there are other methods, but generally it means activating 3rd party softwares, and I'm not so interested, if the game itself do the same job, but just with this patch it seems to not work
  3. Could be actually some kind of bug and reporting it is a good way, eventually to be fixed

As I tried that myself and all works fine, I will rather ask to understand you properly: When you press PrintScreen then there is nothing in the screenshot folder?

In previous update it was working fine for you?

Modder
347 posts
6,391 battles

It is possible that there are 3 different screenshot directories. Did you check them all?

Players
128 posts
19,208 battles
50 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

As I tried that myself and all works fine, I will rather ask to understand you properly: When you press PrintScreen then there is nothing in the screenshot folder?

In previous update it was working fine for you?

• Up to this update, all the screenshots done thru [PRINTSCREEN] key were always found by me in "<... WoW installation path>/screenshot" folder
  • No problems up to now: I noticed today (the first day actually playing after 0.9.8) that the ingame screenshot function was no more working
15 minutes ago, OlliN said:

It is possible that there are 3 different screenshot directories. Did you check them all?

• ... never had to check "other directories",as up to now I always found the screenshots made by the game client inside the above mentioned installation path. Where could those "different directories" be???

Up to now I'm managing using the Geforce Experience function to avoid manual copy-paste of images, not a big deal, but it's annoying as it saves in my main SSD that I prefer to use just for the Pc's  OS and few important softwares

Modder
347 posts
6,391 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, CapitanoAraym sagte:

Where could those "different directories" be???

World_of_Warships\screenshot

World_of_Warships\bin\2832630\bin32\screenshot

World_of_Warships\bin\2832630\bin64\screenshot

• Cool 1

Players
128 posts
19,208 battles

World_of_Warships\screenshot <- Default folder gameclient always used, but actually not "working" anymore (... but it still has any screenshot taken BEFORE last patch)

World_of_Warships\bin\2832630\bin32\screenshot <- not even present

World_of_Warships\bin\2832630\bin64\screenshot <- not even present

UPDATE:

Thanks for the help...

... after another-another-another check/game restart (just to be sure that the lack of the above mentioned folders in the "bin" one maybe needed to be created), by some sort of strange "magic" [PRINTSCREEN] key started to produce again the expected screenshots, as always found in the default "screenshot" folder.

Can I guess that my client was just "lazy" in the last 3 or 4 login but after a couple of imprecations decided to behave properly ??? :cap_old:

(By the way: I still have none of the two "screenshot folders" in the "bin" one, but who cares... everything seems fine now.... problem solved, as it seems)

Modder
347 posts
6,391 battles

Strange behavior.

Vor 18 Minuten, CapitanoAraym sagte:

I still have none of the two "screenshot folders" in the "bin" one

Doesn't matter, they get created if someone starts the game with one of the EXE files from the corresponding subdirectory.

Sign in to follow this