Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Kilinowski

Kleber Unique Upgrade / Legendary Module

10 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Players
1,169 posts
15,634 battles

I just inspected the new LM for Kleber.

It reduces detectability by sea and air by 20%. A full concealment build will get it's detectability down to 6.2 km.

This however comes at an obviously painful price: Your reload is now 80% longer.

That reduces reload to 12.6s stock, resulting in 76190 raw dpm.

The impression I get is: The LM turns the Kleber into a high speed torpboat, that jumps into range of radars on cooldown, dumps its torps and is gone before the radar comes back up. It dives into the enemy territory, makes a sneaky torp attack on a BB and is gone before any DD could intercept it.

This playstyle is even more pronounced, if you consider the possibly upcoming new commander skill system. There is a new 4pt-skill for DDs, giving an 8% speed buff, if you are concealed. Combine that with the speedboost of Kleber and a speed-signal and Kleber can push 59.1 kts.

The speed advantage and workable concealment gives the Kleber ... not a real cap contesting ability, but the Kleber can rush into distant caps, stay hidden a while and leave before it gets hairy.

The new LM however turns Kleber from hunter into hunted. It will not be easy to nail it down, since it can outrun every DD easily. But if it is caught, the low dpm makes this upgrade still pretty questionable.

What's your opinion? You intend to try it out? You think a torp-Kleber will work?

Players
1,036 posts
11,891 battles

Well, the Marceau is basically a better version of LM kleber. Not as stealthy, but stealthier than kleber and with longer range torps. Easier to evade hydro etc. 

Couple of evident drawbacks to marceau too, but still. 

I dont like kleber too much as it currently is. But LM seems the opposite of what its meant to do

[SHAD]
Players
2,600 posts
11,620 battles

I have 8 unique upgrade missions that are going to expire.

Currently, they are almost all nerfs.

The only reason I even think about  finishing them is in case WG change them again in future.

The Kleber’s upgrade looks like a nerf to me.

• Cool 3

[JRM]
Players
6,578 posts
24,823 battles

The entire point of Kleber is a fast gunboat capable of long range spam just as well as close range citpen drivebys and with a mean set of fish to help ambush/yolo play, making the guns reload 2.5x as long as an average in tier CL is just ridiculous that LU is probs the worst of the lot...

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,547 battles
58 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

The entire point of Kleber is a fast gunboat capable of long range spam just as well as close range citpen drivebys and with a mean set of fish to help ambush/yolo play, making the guns reload 2.5x as long as an average in tier CL is just ridiculous that LU is probs the worst of the lot...

This.

You must think of it as an extremely fast speed, high ROF gun but fragile HP small Cruiser with insane low detectibility for a Cruiser......therefore reducing it to bad concealent DD with slow ROF guns must be a really bad idea.

It seems like a service from WG for those that really cannot get the hang of DD operating like Cruisers, and providing a means to make it perform like a DD again and the term "legendary" is a bit misleading. But if you cannot operate a DD as a Cruiser several other nations "DD" are not for you either.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
1,169 posts
15,634 battles

To round up this topic, I just came across the probably only review on LM-Kleber:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15p3rl8tZgo

I would probably go for PM instead of PT, cause you are trying to stay concealed and PM keeps you mobile and in that replay would have prevented the destruction of one of the torp tubes. Also torp reload rather than BFT makes more sense to me, since 90% of the damage in the replay comes from torps and any duel against another DD would be lost anyway. The best defense of the LM-Kleber is that it mimics one of the deadliest DD hunters. Enemy DDs try to stay out of your way instead of hunting you, which they would, if they paid attention to the remote possibility of a Kleber being an LM-Kleber. I mean if I come across a Kleber in any DD, I assume it outguns me and only go after it, if it is low HP.

Maybe I would take RPF instead of JOAT and EM, to make sure I don't accidentally run into a DD, cause then the jig is up.

I don't know how many battles it took Aeroon to get a decent replay, but still this is almost 180k damage in a battle with repeated CV-attacks. I am pretty certain, that early torp plane hit was just too little rudder a little too late and could have been dodged comfortably. So in that replay not everything went according to plan. On the other side the enemy CV was not a good player cause no decent CV-player would let an almost dead DD get away. Still interesting to finally see someone suicidal enough to give the LM a try.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,860 posts
8,998 battles
On 9/4/2020 at 6:43 AM, gopher31 said:

The only reason I even think about  finishing them is in case WG change them again in future.

Well, since they didnt really change anything last time they reworked them, except for making good ones more useless, and not making useless ones more useful, i have my doubts about them being any more useful in the future.

You can thank our abysmal playerbase, who uses everything regardless of how bad it is, to keep the numbers up :cap_like:

I basicly stopped caring for LMs entirely after they reworked them.

• Cool 2

[SHAD]
Players
2,600 posts
11,620 battles
10 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Well, since they didnt really change anything last time they reworked them, except for making good ones more useless, and not making useless ones more useful, i have my doubts about them being any more useful in the future.

You can thank our abysmal playerbase, who uses everything regardless of how bad it is, to keep the numbers up :cap_like:

I basicly stopped caring for LMs entirely after they reworked them.

A good and unfortunate point.

There were only a couple that were too strong and they weren't game changers at all.

Now Wargaming are hoping players will buy legendary upgrades when they provide no benefit at all.

The Kleber upgrade could have been ok but it would need a whole different captain  to maximise that build.

Who wants to have two 19pt captains for a single tier 10 destroyer?

Who wants to pay 25 doubloons to change between the two playstyles.

Wargaming never took into account  the fact that if someone has grinded for something, they will want to use it, when they looked into usage stats.

Hindi's stats were shocking in this case. Who fears fire in a cruiser with 30s fires, cruiser damage control and 5 heals(with SI)?

Yet, so many use the unique upgrade.

Beta Tester
1,914 posts
11,706 battles
On 9/4/2020 at 1:12 AM, HMS_Kilinowski said:

I just inspected the new LM for Kleber.

It reduces detectability by sea and air by 20%. A full concealment build will get it's detectability down to 6.2 km.

This however comes at an obviously painful price: Your reload is now 80% longer.

That reduces reload to 12.6s stock, resulting in 76190 raw dpm.

The impression I get is: The LM turns the Kleber into a high speed torpboat, that jumps into range of radars on cooldown, dumps its torps and is gone before the radar comes back up. It dives into the enemy territory, makes a sneaky torp attack on a BB and is gone before any DD could intercept it.

This playstyle is even more pronounced, if you consider the possibly upcoming new commander skill system. There is a new 4pt-skill for DDs, giving an 8% speed buff, if you are concealed. Combine that with the speedboost of Kleber and a speed-signal and Kleber can push 59.1 kts.

The speed advantage and workable concealment gives the Kleber ... not a real cap contesting ability, but the Kleber can rush into distant caps, stay hidden a while and leave before it gets hairy.

The new LM however turns Kleber from hunter into hunted. It will not be easy to nail it down, since it can outrun every DD easily. But if it is caught, the low dpm makes this upgrade still pretty questionable.

What's your opinion? You intend to try it out? You think a torp-Kleber will work?

I actually consider to try this out, could almost become versio nof the new RB Italian DD with creeping smoke but instead Kleber will have concealment and speed. Think this could be a real powerful build, Kleber torps is no joke. It will be a speedy verion of the Benham almost. And I dont think it will be such a victim in CQB since it will still have the MBRB to use in a couiple of seconds so its damage output in gun duels DD vs DD will still be more powerful then most I think.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,860 posts
8,998 battles
1 hour ago, gopher31 said:

Hindi's stats were shocking in this case. Who fears fire in a cruiser with 30s fires, cruiser damage control and 5 heals(with SI)?

Yet, so many use the unique upgrade.

Yep... i had high hopes, that they would change Hindi LM. Then i saw their reasoning how to balance LMs :cap_fainting:

But doesnt strike me as odd for one moment, seeing how this playerbase is terrified of fires/floods.

Sign in to follow this