Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

PT 0.9.9 - changes to test ships.

33 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,569 posts
3,887 battles

We will make some changes to some ships in testing.

Read more

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[CATS]
Players
26,859 posts
14,396 battles
PT 0.9.9, changes to test ships

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

Japanese battleship Hizen, Tier IX

• Main battery guns reload time increased from 30 to 38 s;

IX Paolo Emilio:

• Bonus to the ship's maximum speed from the "Emergency Engine Power" consumable is reduced from 25% to 20%.

That looks like sledge hammer balancing to Hizen....

Players
1,606 posts
3,229 battles
2 minuti fa, ColonelPete ha scritto:

to be fair, i actually was expecting that; with that firepower it was to be expected

[GURKA]
Players
5,295 posts
10,678 battles
5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

wondering how that ship can be op with 1.7 sigma and IJN vertical dispersion :D

[SHAD]
Players
2,606 posts
11,651 battles

Hizen went from looking a little too powerful to having worse DPM and accuracy then the Izumo.

Nice:cap_like:

Edit:

Worse dpm and Sigma then the Amagi also....:cap_like:

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
26,859 posts
14,396 battles
9 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

to be fair, i actually was expecting that; with that firepower it was to be expected

A slight change, no problem. This seems a bit much.

The guns seem weaker than Izumos (less speed, less damage, much less Sigma).

• Cool 2

Players
1,606 posts
3,229 battles
Proprio ora, ColonelPete ha scritto:

A slight change, no problem. This seems a bit much.

The guns seem weaker than Izumos (less speed, less damage, much less Sigma).

yeah agreed, tho i was expecting it since they announced the new ships. I was like:"they are going to nerf the reload for sure, it can't stay 30s".

Players
8,196 posts
9,087 battles

I see, we getting IJN Wisconsin now.

3 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

yeah agreed, tho i was expecting it since they announced the new ships. I was like:"they are going to nerf the reload for sure, it can't stay 30s".

I expected sigma nerf more than reload nerf. But 38 s reload is silly.

You now get a BB that has likely similar armour to Izumo, worse turret layout, worse shell performance, way worse accuracy and not even any significant dpm edge, because for 4/3 the guns you almost get as much more reload. Makes Hizen basically an Izumo for people who can't aim.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,872 posts
27,220 battles
14 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Hizen went from looking a little too powerful to having worse DPM and accuracy then the Izumo.

Actually .... even with 38sec reload Hizen has better DPM than Izumo.

Nerf was expected but WG is again showing their art of "fine tuning"

• Cool 4

[SHAD]
Players
2,606 posts
11,651 battles
3 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Argh, you're right!

Still worse than Amagi though! 

Players
8,196 posts
9,087 battles
3 minutes ago, fumtu said:

To be exact, the base AP dpm is 241.6k to 232.2k. 

1 minute ago, gopher31 said:

Argh, you're right!

Still worse than Amagi though! 

Which is 252k.

But yes, looking at dpm numbers and then at the accuracy and shell performance of the Hizen...

Players
635 posts

I just Hate any reload over 30's I don't play Soviet BB's till T9 and the reload booster, so this offering and the US things that are iminent will just be so much clutter to me,  but I do have the patience of a Wasp and sitting watching targets come and go whilst I scratch my  backside has no appeal to me at all whatsoever.

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
10,958 battles

More Paolo Emillio nerfs wonder why)))).

But hey if speaking of Paolo and its old play style how about you revive soviet bias by bringing back the original soviet bias ship? Have you ever wondered buffing that piece of turd called KHABAROVSK? Well now it is your chance.Remove all those 50 mm plates,remove the penetration received from 283 mm guns and above,reduce rudder shift to 6 seconds,remove smoke and replaced with neustrashimy type HEAL. Increase range to 12.6 km, and GIVE IT SAP, with 38 mm of armor penetration and 3200 max alpha( do not forget to remove AP).

• Funny 2

Players
2,094 posts
13,456 battles
23 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

More Paolo Emillio nerfs wonder why)))).

But hey if speaking of Paolo and its old play style how about you revive soviet bias by bringing back the original soviet bias ship? Have you ever wondered buffing that piece of turd called KHABAROVSK? Well now it is your chance.Remove all those 50 mm plates,remove the penetration received from 283 mm guns and above,reduce rudder shift to 6 seconds,remove smoke and replaced with neustrashimy type HEAL. Increase range to 12.6 km, and GIVE IT SAP, with 38 mm of armor penetration and 3200 max alpha( do not forget to remove AP).

It would be a bit excessive but nowadays only a few unicums and die hard fans play her still so overall stats are not down the drain yet. Just imagine if Tirpitz crew got their "competent" hands on her:cap_haloween:  But I guess WG needs her to respond to any soviet bias accusations with "but Kaba..." 

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,532 posts
13,824 battles
1 hour ago, Pikkozoikum said:

wondering how that ship can be op with 1.7 sigma and IJN vertical dispersion :D

Where do you get this sigma value from?

Players
285 posts

Hizen with 38 seconds reload might be "balanced" but the ship is entirely boring to play that way, balanced doesnt mean fun and I dont want another lazy Yamato preliminary, at least make the actual Yamato preliminary that had one barrel short instead of a bunch of designs that were rejected, downside the guns to the 41 cm/45 3rd Year Type naval gun (Nagato and Amagi) and pretend the Japanese build one as a testing for the Yamato class or something.

Also can you stop nerfing Paolo Emilio? a YOLO DD was already raising eyebrows but a YOLO DD that basically gets destroyed before she can do anything is simply a bad destroyer because you cannot even try YOLO as she was designed to do, its like SAP that was "balanced" into irrelevance.

• Cool 1

Players
7,111 posts
245 battles

So hizen gets slapped and polo ball gets kicked around again lol.

Ill just stick to georgia and monarch 30+ reloads are boring as hell and can really gimp you.

Not too mention rng which means you will very rarely ever get all shells on target and pen.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
2,059 posts
7,994 battles

Hizen sounds very boring now.

I would prefer it as a tier x coal ship with unnerfed reload.

• Bad 1

[-TPF-]
Players
3,929 posts
16,185 battles
21 hours ago, WWDragon said:

Also can you stop nerfing Paolo Emilio? a YOLO DD was already raising eyebrows but a YOLO DD that basically gets destroyed before she can do anything is simply a bad destroyer because you cannot even try YOLO as she was designed to do, its like SAP that was "balanced" into irrelevance.

I think we'd just like a big fast destroyer with HE/AP and a speed boost. She could have a choice of traditional long-range slow Italian torps or fast YOLO ones, and perhaps a smoke screen capability. That would be nice. Make it available for 1,000,000 Free XP. 

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,532 posts
13,824 battles
3 hours ago, gopher31 said:

Hizen armour scheme is crazy! nice extended rear belt for kiting but 25mm deck????!!

Must be a mistake?

Maybe it's a version of the "glass cannon" BBs, like Champagne and Slava, but with a thin deck instead of thin bow/stern? Seems unlikely though.

Players
1,112 posts
12,997 battles
2 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Maybe it's a version of the "glass cannon" BBs, like Champagne and Slava, but with a thin deck instead of thin bow/stern? Seems unlikely though.

I hope not I hate that Gimmick concept...:fish_palm:

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this