Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jvd2000

Five epochs campaign: missed opportunity?

14 comments in this topic

[SINT]
Players
909 posts
20,949 battles

Next to grinding your T10’s for SC and doing your directives for the dockyard event you almost forget that there is also the “ Five Epochs of the Navy campaign” around.

As a premium ship owner I am a bit saddened by the requirements... the first series are T2 -T4. Playing these tiers does not give you any progress towards the Dockyard or clearing snowflakes...The work is not that hard either if you only focus on the first 3 missions that can be done with any T2/T3/T4 But the more specific missions require you to play a select group of named ships..  But with exception of Dreadnought no premium ships are included..you either had to have these old Silver line tier ships in port or just for this event buy them back..

I remember that for one of the first snowflake events WG made a special rule that premium ships below T5 came with a snowflake.. I am a bit at a loss why WG did not add premium low tier ships towards the required ships for these missions..atleast that would have gotten a bit of profit with these ships rusting in port...

I don’t ask for premium ships only requirements but why did you not add additional premium ships in the pool of ships that are required to finish a mission?

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,570 posts
13,858 battles

FWIW I'm not worrying about it for the moment; I'll have a bit of a look once I've done with the current crop of snowflakes.

Agree that it's a shame there isn't really anything for low tier premiums at the moment; oh well - at least the necessary ships cost peanuts to buy back...

Edit (having actually had a bit more of a proper read): you can do three of the initial set of missions with low tier premiums; I was wrong, and withdraw my (minor) whinge.

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
177 posts
5,413 battles

The campaign is permanent so you will be able to complete it at your own leisure. Plus, I know there aren’t rewards for every ship between tier II to IV, but you can win rewards by completing the campaign.

Players have long been calling out for there to be a reason to play low tier ships and now we have one. 

• Cool 12

Players
3,404 posts
4,923 battles
2 hours ago, Jvd2000 said:

Next to grinding your T10’s for SC and doing your directives for the dockyard event you almost forget that there is also the “ Five Epochs of the Navy campaign” around.

As a premium ship owner I am a bit saddened by the requirements... the first series are T2 -T4. Playing these tiers does not give you any progress towards the Dockyard or clearing snowflakes...The work is not that hard either if you only focus on the first 3 missions that can be done with any T2/T3/T4 But the more specific missions require you to play a select group of named ships..  But with exception of Dreadnought no premium ships are included..you either had to have these old Silver line tier ships in port or just for this event buy them back..

I remember that for one of the first snowflake events WG made a special rule that premium ships below T5 came with a snowflake.. I am a bit at a loss why WG did not add premium low tier ships towards the required ships for these missions..atleast that would have gotten a bit of profit with these ships rusting in port...

I don’t ask for premium ships only requirements but why did you not add additional premium ships in the pool of ships that are required to finish a mission?

You expect from wg to make everything easy to get? Sure.. Why not make all kind of grinds into TX criteria in Coop and Randoms so everyone is done in just few hours.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,521 battles

Re-buying very low tier ships and their slot 1 or maybe slot 2 modules is not a big deal......

Actually i enjoyed the now strange again "primitive" ship weapons and designs again.....just like the campaign envisions when you read through it.

It takes you back on which shoulders the tier 10 ships were built......

• Cool 3

[-TPF-]
Players
3,920 posts
16,150 battles

Based on the Strong-Willed/Swirski campaign, it's a waste of time and effort.  I wish they'd do away with Campaigns, really. 

• Bad 3
  • Angry 1

[BODEM]
Players
780 posts
6,948 battles
6 hours ago, Jvd2000 said:

I completely disagree with you. It makes perfect sense the Campaign focusses on silver ships as those ships everyone can get by playing the game. Premiums on the other hand not everyone can get them, because you have to pay for them. Besides, what better way to celebrate the aniversary by honoring the memories of the trip through the tiers playing the game? Instead of the trip buying your way past the tiers. IMO the silver ships are way more valuable as most of the people have worked their way through them, earning them with putting effort in the  game. Premiums are bought stuff with way less emotional value. Honoring the game by honoring ships earned while playing the game and that most people have access to is way better than honoring the almighty dollar/euro.

• Cool 2

Players
340 posts
14,937 battles

Tbh I love the campaign, I can't wait to start it and bust out some t4's rolling individual ships ect seems like alot of fun to be, also I've 100% completed the other campaigns, thank you WG such a nice treat for me

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
4,077 posts
On 9/3/2020 at 5:44 PM, Zip__ said:

The campaign is permanent so you will be able to complete it at your own leisure. Plus, I know there aren’t rewards for every ship between tier II to IV, but you can win rewards by completing the campaign.

Players have long been calling out for there to be a reason to play low tier ships and now we have one. 

Having a permanent campaign, that will be forgotten once people gring it...

Instead they should encourage people to keep low tier ships (by their own disgresion) by releasing only tier based events/collections with random/coop  requirements.

Campaigns should be long for a patch or two, followed by same tier ranked sprint season afterwards.

Giving out prem low tier camos would make ppl keep the ships...

Cycling trough tiers would revive all tiers. Instead we have the RB system in place (set in place, to populate low tiers, and give something to do for veterans(mostly spending fxp)).

Asymetric battles are a smart move, but need multiple tier spreads and some balancing, to make them more attractive. Not just by numbers in teams... Perhaps a combination with Arms race that could open a whole new dimension...

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
Players
535 posts
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

Instead they should encourage people to keep low tier ships

It would be a start to make T1-T4 count for daily missions and directives.

• Cool 2

[WCWVE]
Players
1,028 posts
16,512 battles

I suppose as a collector I am one of the few people to still have all silver ships researched in port - gets a little crowded with more than 370 ships there now 

I have not looked that well at the new campaign because I want to finish getting the special cammos on the T8 and T9 ships, and hopefully will then be able to finish off the Russian heavy cruiser line - just need about 35k more XP, will then look at the German T10 CV 

Not been playing as much lately so fallen behind on some things so this is going to give me the incentive to play more 

A bit disillusioned with the dockyard though 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,786 posts
16,893 battles
1 hour ago, PeteEarthling said:

It would be a start to make T1-T4 count for daily missions and directives.

I would not make T1-T4 count for each and every daily mission, but it would surely help having some missions and directives that can only be completed in T2-T5 ships instead of T6+ only.

Sign in to follow this