You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hades_warrior

Extra slow installation of update

9 comments in this topic

Players
3,413 posts
4,931 battles

Don't know why but this Anniversary update takes ages to instal on my PC, and I didn't have this problem in the past as I remember.

After 30 minutes of installation my progress is at 70%... Even with PC all resource feature in game client.

Anyone else have issues with installation?

WG Staff
1,233 posts
751 battles
1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

Don't know why but this Anniversary update takes ages to instal on my PC, and I didn't have this problem in the past as I remember.

After 30 minutes of installation my progress is at 70%... Even with PC all resource feature in game client.

Anyone else have issues with installation?

Hi Captain, 

As Colonel_Pete mentioned, this could be due to the size of the new update, which is pretty large this time.  image.png

Players
3,413 posts
4,931 battles
47 minutes ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain, 

As Colonel_Pete mentioned, this could be due to the size of the new update, which is pretty large this time.  image.png 

How so? What about this preload few days ago of 6 GB?

[-RAF-]
Players
577 posts
5,555 battles
40 minuti fa, Hades_warrior ha scritto:

How so? What about this preload few days ago of 6 GB?

That's right... it took me some minutes even if i didn't installed it on the ssd

one question: if set the option in the wgc to use ALL my pc resources, it will slow down only when it is installing the game right? (i know a lot about computers btw xD)

Players
1 post
5,266 battles

Any body else not able to upload this patch?

It starts off, then i get, " Download speed has fallen to zero. Please check your internet connection"

I have been playing this game for a long time now and never had a problem with updates.

It can't be my internet connection otherwise I would not be able to send this. So I know I am online.

In frustration I deleted the game, and thought that with a new install it would download a new client and I would

be ok. No such luck.. I get the same message and no download. I know it will take time to download as I now have

36GB to download, but I don't get anything much before it packs up..

Firewall is set to allow it by the way, like I said no problem normally.

Maybe I should hang on for a patch to patch the patch :Smile_teethhappy: and try again.

[DAUK]
Players
4 posts
5,129 battles

Like Captain_Jack_Fox, I seem to have a similar problem.  My download gets to 10% the just fails before trying again, over and over. 

I'm grateful for the updates of course, but not when these kind of things happen.

WG Staff
1,233 posts
751 battles
On 9/3/2020 at 1:30 PM, arquata2019 said:
On 9/3/2020 at 1:30 PM, arquata2019 said:

one question: if set the option in the wgc to use ALL my pc resources, it will slow down only when it is installing the game right? (i know a lot about computers btw xD)

Hi Captain, yes if you use the option you mentioned on the WGC, it will affect your PC performances, but only during the installation of the updates. 

• Cool 1

[-RAF-]
Players
577 posts
5,555 battles
52 minuti fa, TheWarJaC ha scritto:

Hi Captain, yes if you use the option you mentioned on the WGC, it will affect your PC performances, but only during the installation of the updates. 

Let's torture my hdd (i have the os on the ssd) episode 9!