You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Beastofwar

Asymetric battles

87 comments in this topic

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,521 battles

It seems to me when the low tier team isn't stupid enough to camp the high tier team is zerged every single time ?

The more so since there don't seem to be any rules what you can bring and i saw 2 completly failing CV and a DD on the high tier ? Isn't it obvious CV really do chipping damage-over-time, lack the raw stopping power of alpha damage ( need to kill at least 1 full HP ship ever few seconds, and they absolutely can't )  and therefore cannot stop a wave of incoming low tier ships and will fail every time ? Never played Operation Newport on a CV ? COOP ? Same goes for picking a DD really....completely unsuitable to stop waves of ships now due to torpedo reload CD.  Or do you intend to use tiny popguns to stop a wave of enemy ships ?? Especially not human controlled waves of ships...

Unless the enemy is stupid enough to camp, as they do in randoms ofcourse.....i guess WG counts on the low tier team camping to even the uneven chances. Would they be right ? Or is this a aniversary lesson not to complain about being uptiered that much. :Smile_teethhappy:

Want to win every single time as low tier ? MASS CHARGE = ZERG the enemy ! :Smile_teethhappy:  Want to lose ? Mass camp so the superior enemy gets time to take you down one by one. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 7

[XTREM]
Players
3,794 posts
11,211 battles

it's normal that the team with more ships will win regardless of tier difference. 

It's not the ships that win games its the map control that wins games. And control is achieved easier with more ships. 

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,521 battles

I must say it was a thrill taking down 3 enemy low tier BB in rapid succession with a Massachussets that had no chance at all - which must have seemed terrible to them -  but meanwhile being whittled down by all their allies and ultimately destroyed while the enemy still had 4/5 of their fleet intact......

That is how you win every time as low tier...just take the allied losses, don't be dismayed by your comrades sinking right and left of you and push ! It is the Russian  way : Urrah !!! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 3

[-TPF-]
Players
3,920 posts
16,150 battles

Hopelessly one-sided, so far. If the high Tier team has to be created with bots it needs an extra player, and it should never have a bot CV. The last game I played in had two human players on the high tier team and three bots, including a CV. That must have been *so* fun for them, getting pecked to death by six human controlled destroyers in a permanent smokescreen.

[XTREM]
Players
3,794 posts
11,211 battles

Expectations about balanced matches shouldn't be had anyway with this new game mode. This game mode certainly was not made with balance in mind. 

• Cool 3

[-TPF-]
Players
3,920 posts
16,150 battles
15 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

So, to win it you simply take a low tier CV? :Smile_trollface:

Initially that might work.... but I think it will get better when the High Tier side had fewer bots and learns to defend and co-ordinate.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,521 battles
30 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

So, to win it you simply take a low tier CV? :Smile_trollface:

No to be certain of victory everyone in the low tier team charges forward and shoot at everything that is visible. If AP does not work ( to much armour, bouncing  angle ) then purifying flames Comrade....

"Not one step back" Stalin. 

"Up, up and at the enemy" Wellington

"We must attack the enemy so close, that we can grab them by their belt buckle !" Col Nguyen Huu

"It is magnificent...but it is not war" Pierre Bosquet

All these are applicable to the low tier team :Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
3,920 posts
16,150 battles
13 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

No to be certain of victory everyone in the low tier team charges forward and shoot at everything that is visible. If AP does not work ( to much armour, bouncing  angle ) then purifying flames Comrade....

Kaga torpedo spam works quite well with this. There's a lot of AA blobbing going on, you can just fire torp walls and usually hit something. :) Shame it rewards so badly for playing high tier, but otherwise it's quite fun, in a Co-op + sort of way.

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,313 posts
8,135 battles

The Bots are Clearly a Problem.

If one Side is Constantly Filled with Bots then there is just no meaning to the Test.

• Cool 4

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,521 battles

image.thumb.png.9f289097d4d50cc1f62e7294161e43db.png

This is a good representation of what the low tier enemy should be doing. :Smile_trollface:

Unless the low tier team behaves like the fools they are in randoms ofcourse, and camp.....giving the few high tier enemies time allowing themselves to be picked off one by one :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
150 posts
20,652 battles

Just had a game in my NC and was the only human player on my team vs zerg fleet which had six DDs in its ranks.

Our only DD, a bot, beached within 10 seconds of the start.

10/10 for realism

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[TOXIC]
Players
4,713 posts
11,961 battles

So, in conclusion, we don't know anything about the mode, really, because it's unplayable until enough people accumulate these special points needed to play as high tier?

...assuming that, by then, people won't already assume that "high tier = defeat" and won't even bother trying to queue as high tier...

Seriously, this mode should've just demanded that you pick two ships (one for each bracket) and then assign you to the team at random. Extra points should be acquired for playing this way and spend on joining the special queue where you pick whether you prefer to be high or bottom queue (so that every third match or so you can pick, although that risks longer wait times).

• Cool 3

[-TPF-]
Players
3,920 posts
16,150 battles
10 minutes ago, The_Finnster said:

10/10 for realism

It is quite funny, though. Taking out completely unsuitable ships and sinking high tier enemies will never get old. Krasny Krym sinking Massachusetts, Genova defeating North Carolina....

1 minute ago, eliastion said:

So, in conclusion, we don't know anything about the mode, really, because it's unplayable until enough people accumulate these special points needed to play as high tier?

The problem is that, in order to accumulate enough tokens,  you have to play two low tier games for every high tier one. I think, though, that when people have enough tokens and are unlocking a proper variety of ships it will become more of a challenge. I did play a game this morning with 4/5 humans on the high tier team, and a well played Lo Yang is a serious challenge for anyone looking to cap in a lower tier ship. Numbers - plus the bot on our team - told in the end, but it did feel like a proper match. 

• Cool 3

[BBMM]
Players
6,004 posts
7,637 battles
1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

59 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

This is a good representation of what the low tier enemy should be doing. :Smile_trollface:

Yes I agree, that will work guaranteed. But will they do it?

59 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Unless the low tier team behaves like the fools they are in randoms ofcourse, and camp.....giving the few high tier enemies time allowing themselves to be picked off one by one :Smile_facepalm:

This is the behaviour I expect, really. But we'll see.

If needed I'll take Ryujo or Ark Royal, I can just club the high tiers with it if must be.

Players
2,256 posts
20,630 battles

One word: Pointl3ss.

The whole mode is another neat idea, needlessly ruined by the presence of aircraft carriers.

Were it not for the CVs, this would be a perfect opportunity to once again break out the Fujin... Kamikaze... T-61... lots of fun lower mid-tier ships that have been rendered useless port queens due to the unfun mess caused by the CV rework. But noooo... not only does WG admit CVs to the mode, they even give the bot CVs the ability to hit DDs, unlike Co-Op battles where that never happened to me at least.

Really I see no reason at all to play that mode. There aren't even any rewards, are there? Just self-perpetuating tokens. Play to be able to play more. An exercise in futility.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,521 battles

As far as i have seen ships that collectively will keep afloat after taking massive ( there can be multiple CV ) airstrikes long enough to sink the high tier enemies are the most practical.

Low tier DD with tiny HP pools ( T5 and T6 (!) are not among them, and time or opportunity to pull off fancy sneaking up tactics is often not there.

And low tier CV and DD that are either invisible or too far away to be seen do not help the charging low tiers to overwhelm the high tier enemey into giving them trouble to bring out effective focussing fire. Same goes for camping behaviour. The less visible low tiers there are, the higher the chance they might actually lose as they will easily be picked off one by one by powerful high tiers*..... So using many DD and CV promote losing for the low tiers.

* As T5 or T6 you are in the realm of being bow overmatched and unceremoniously citadelled by other ships then you expect......that is why a mass charge disregarding losses is they only way for the low tier team.

• Boring 1

[-TPF-]
Players
3,920 posts
16,150 battles

Just registered a first high tier victory with an all human team. 2 x Odin, Monarch, Lyon and Kaga (me). It's a bit like playing Newport, really. Keep spamming those torps to break up ship blobs, focus on single area defence, bring versatile ships to play. Quite enjoyed it. 

• Cool 4

[-LA-]
Players
678 posts
5,092 battles
2 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Isn't it obvious CV really do chipping damage-over-time, lack the raw stopping power of alpha damage

no you clearly havent read teh forums , CV's have both highest alpha damage and dpm , they also can not be killed as they attack without risk

• Bad 1

Players
268 posts
5,761 battles

People moaning about bots in the high tier side, you do know this is Day One and very, very few players entering will have the tokens to play high tier so far, for goodness sake give it a few days before rattling on about it being a waste of time and space.

Edited by Logan_MountStuart
Typo
  • Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
3,920 posts
16,150 battles
Just now, Inappropriate_noob said:

Is this a mode you can choose or is it foisted on us, tbh  I don't like the idea of it:Smile_amazed:

It's a separate game mode. Worth a go, just for the laughs.

• Cool 2

Players
3,310 posts
Just now, Padds01 said:

no you clearly havent read teh forums , CV's have both highest alpha damage and dpm , they also can not be killed as they attack without risk

Really, I just got rid of my entire fleet of German CV's, oh sure they have the secondaries etc, but what use are they, when if your planes do jack ship, and they get swatted out the sky like annoying flies, the only option left is to go up the line and use the ships secondaries, totally useless CV's, I got so mad I thought whoever put these purposely weak ships in the game ought to be taken outside and shot, still one up for everyone else, one less CV player.