Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
YabbaCoe

0.9.8 - Ranked Battles

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[WG]
WG Staff
4,124 posts
4,342 battles

WG_SPB_WoWS_Infographic_Release_098_rang_1200x240.jpg

 

Starts: Wednesday 16th September 11:00 CEST (UTC+2)

Ends: Tuesday 13th October 10:30 CEST (UTC+2)

 

Format: 8 vs. 8 playing Tier X ships.
Rewards: up to 5,500 Steel and many additional rewards.
Maps and modes: North, Sea of Fortune, and Greece in Domination mode; Sleeping Giant and Warrior's Path in Arms Race mode; and Tears of the Desert in Epicenter mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
WG Staff
4,124 posts
4,342 battles
Před 42 minutami Zen71_sniper řekl/a:

@YabbaCoe The dates don't make sense, probably typo....

Yes, thank you for pointing this out - corrected :cap_like:

By mistake instead of October I wrote September again :cap_fainting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2 posts

Ranked Battles as always is some nightmare. Because your system of XP is total bull shitd.

It is not Normal when some ship start of game Rush in do some damage and death in first moment in Fight. 

Other player fights stay alive do damage and in end hi is after that idiot who dead in the start of the game.

At the moment In Rank nobody not think how to win. All think how to save star and it is wrong.

Also, you must do something to players not siting and shooting in back of the map and shooting only damage. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
253 posts
5,360 battles

 

 

  Yeaaaaah well...my inferior 50mm deck plating can't save me from getting penned to extinction by MvR 's nasty bombs 

 

 tenor.gif.1c977e4c42199a85e368f22f4db776ed.gif

 

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FIFO]
Beta Tester
88 posts
10,437 battles
22 hours ago, El_Pollo_Locooo said:

I would make the developers play this crap.

But they are WG staff and have all the flags, upgrades, 19-point commanders and receive 500 Gold per day (or week, is it?) to their accounts, so do not experience the game like you and I do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SONLY]
Beta Tester
68 posts
8,117 battles

WG, can you please do something to make the league flags more usable? Having to mount them on every ship you own and then having to correct the flag you normally use when they get removed (which I have stopped bothering with) gets really tiresome once you have almost every ship in the game. 1st world problems, I know. ;) but still, I feel like you could remove some frustration by making this into a passive buff you dont have to mount and just get for the duration of ranked? 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
1,071 posts
23,063 battles

 https://www.twitch.tv/videos/742673272?t=02h40m03s

 

Just leaving this here since noone from WG seems willing to realize how frustrating ranked is.

 

Flambass barely managed to keep his star while he tried fighting for the objectives while battleships just farmed damage.

The least thing that can be done is allow divisions of two people in order to make it more pleasureable since in that case you can still have someone to have a laugh with.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,675 posts
1 hour ago, tsounts said:

 The least thing that can be done is allow divisions of two people in order to make it more pleasureable since in that case you can still have someone to have a laugh with.

the one with division is called ranked sprint :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
1,071 posts
23,063 battles
53 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

the one with division is called ranked sprint :) 

I think they're called sprints because of the short duration and not because you can play in division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,675 posts
4 minutes ago, tsounts said:

I think they're called sprints because of the short duration and not because you can play in division.

Duration and division and not losing ranks and everyone starting from rank 10... Several factors make Sprint different than Regular ranked as you know. 

Regular ranked seasons never had divisions and if they will have divisions they won't be regular ranked seasons anymore. Why change the core of  regular ranked after 18 seasons?

Not saying you but many people want divs to be allowed in regular ranked season just to rank out easier, with less torture. But many players do that solo without needing another player's help. 

The problem is not fighting solo, the problem is CVs, especially the broken ones like MvR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
1,071 posts
23,063 battles
2 hours ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Duration and division and not losing ranks and everyone starting from rank 10... Several factors make Sprint different than Regular ranked as you know. 

Regular ranked seasons never had divisions and if they will have divisions they won't be regular ranked seasons anymore. Why change the core of  regular ranked after 18 seasons?

Not saying you but many people want divs to be allowed in regular ranked season just to rank out easier, with less torture. But many players do that solo without needing another player's help. 

The problem is not fighting solo, the problem is CVs, especially the broken ones like MvR. 

The problem is that it's supposed to be a "team" game and in this mode everyone is mostly selfish.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,675 posts
1 hour ago, tsounts said:

The problem is that it's supposed to be a "team" game and in this mode everyone is mostly selfish.

100% agree. Hence, i think CBs exist. It's the only place one can find team play. Not saying fun though.

 

I'm in favor of team play in ranked and random battles, too. However, realistically, it won't happen as most players play just for fun, for self-satisfaction. They don't care if they win or not, some care if they damage more, some care if they kill more, some care just sailing at borderline, some are peace lovers in war ships and having two out of 8 players div'ed up won't make it a team play either. Regular ranked season is good as it is except the CVs. Same like what happens with CVs in CBs, everything is spotted in 20 seconds, no way to develop a strategy, no way to outplay enemy surface ships because they know where you are, how you are positioned. It is just as dumb as it could be. Really,  many players shooting each other across the map in a passive style or have to brawl (even in CS you can be a sniper and shoot down enemy targets without being seen). This is not fun, doesn't require and extra brain cell and the CV players are just poor surface ship players (many of them) who try to take advantage out of a broken class but it is not their fault. They are encouraged to do so. That's why, in my opinion, you wouldn't have more fun in this CV meta, even if you teamed up with another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SSA]
Beta Tester
38 posts
8,406 battles
2 hours ago, tsounts said:

The problem is that it's supposed to be a "team" game and in this mode everyone is mostly selfish.

Agree.

 

On top of that, the problem is retarded game designer for this mode, who can't distinguish between randomly assembled team and peopel who plays daily together and "feel" each other. Also, "star saving" stimulates Thunderer/Conqueror/Zao gameplay from edge of the map.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
1,071 posts
23,063 battles
16 hours ago, arkashiks said:

Agree.

 

On top of that, the problem is retarded game designer for this mode, who can't distinguish between randomly assembled team and peopel who plays daily together and "feel" each other. Also, "star saving" stimulates Thunderer/Conqueror/Zao gameplay from edge of the map.

Yep, and WG can't realize or doesn't care when people say how much they like ranked sprints in pairs or the clan brawls in 3vs3 formats and yet keep not changing this "ranked" setup where you actually go in a random mode but with less players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
1,071 posts
23,063 battles
18 hours ago, Execute0rder66 said:

100% agree. Hence, i think CBs exist. It's the only place one can find team play. Not saying fun though.

 

I'm in favor of team play in ranked and random battles, too. However, realistically, it won't happen as most players play just for fun, for self-satisfaction. They don't care if they win or not, some care if they damage more, some care if they kill more, some care just sailing at borderline, some are peace lovers in war ships and having two out of 8 players div'ed up won't make it a team play either. Regular ranked season is good as it is except the CVs. Same like what happens with CVs in CBs, everything is spotted in 20 seconds, no way to develop a strategy, no way to outplay enemy surface ships because they know where you are, how you are positioned. It is just as dumb as it could be. Really,  many players shooting each other across the map in a passive style or have to brawl (even in CS you can be a sniper and shoot down enemy targets without being seen). This is not fun, doesn't require and extra brain cell and the CV players are just poor surface ship players (many of them) who try to take advantage out of a broken class but it is not their fault. They are encouraged to do so. That's why, in my opinion, you wouldn't have more fun in this CV meta, even if you teamed up with another. 

I know CVs ruin the fun even when you're in division but at least when in division you have someone to talk to.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ARVI]
Players
87 posts
2,960 battles
On 9/20/2020 at 1:30 PM, arkashiks said:

Agree.

 

On top of that, the problem is retarded game designer for this mode, who can't distinguish between randomly assembled team and peopel who plays daily together and "feel" each other. Also, "star saving" stimulates Thunderer/Conqueror/Zao gameplay from edge of the map.

 

Here is a game where I tried to go all out hero for the team. And STILL lost on points, LOL. Am enduring my worst ranked ever:

 

image.thumb.png.e03dfc41695a6f7337d1c5721b41cc49.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NUNC]
Players
37 posts
22,694 battles

You'd think WG would understand by now, that most of the community doesn't want CV's in "competitive" modes.  When a CV can strike a cruiser for over half its hp, while flying through 3 different AA-bubbles, then it's pretty obvious carriers have way too much influence and absolutely no counterplay.

 

And something I'm seeing a lot, clans that queue-snipe their way into ranked.  Lots of games with up to 5-6 players from the same clan.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
84 posts
12,491 battles

Shove ya Ranked and ya carriers as far up ya *Bleep*  as you can get it.... same crap every time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
456 posts
7,327 battles

Make an AFK player lose 8 stars and the rest of the team 0. That would be a fair change. So many AFK players.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
1,071 posts
23,063 battles

Stuck on Rank 5 for some reason, even good players are sitting in the back with Stalingrads and they allow their team to melt to low hp enemy dds that can escape since no radar is threat to them.  Losing karma without insulting people...
Meeting the same bad/selfish players again and again in a row on your side.

 

At rank5 I was expecting more teamplay but I was wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
1,071 posts
23,063 battles

Great MM in queue... Everyone wants to play a bb just to farm damage and keep his/her star.

shot-20.09.27_16.05.26-0480.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×