YabbaCoe

0.9.8 - Armory

21 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
4,163 posts
4,342 battles

WG_SPB_WoWS_Infographic_Release_098_armory_1200x240.jpg

In Update 0.9.8, the customary Daily Shipments will be replaced with free daily random bundles in the Armory:

• You can only obtain one bundle per day.
  • A total of 15 bundles will be available during the period of three weeks, so you can skip up to 6 days and still be able to collect all the rewards.

Bundle contents

• 1 day of Warships Premium Account—1x bundle
  • 50,000 credits—5x bundles
  • 50 doubloons—1x bundle
  • 3x World of Warships Anniversary camouflage patterns—4x bundles
  • 1x Gift container—3x bundles
  • 1x King of the Sea container—1x bundle

WG_SPB_WoWs_Screenshots_armory_EN_1920x1080.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
1,695 posts
24 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

What can drop from King of the Sea container?

Contains an element of the new King of the Sea collection. Obtained from Shipments and by watching the KotS tournament online.

Players
3,404 posts
4,923 battles
35 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Contains an element of the new King of the Sea collection. Obtained from Shipments and by watching the KotS tournament online.

How do you complete that Collection? First from KotS crate and then daily containers or?

[-RAF-]
Players
565 posts
5,549 battles
11 minuti fa, Hades_warrior ha scritto:

How do you complete that Collection? First from KotS crate and then daily containers or?

i readed it somewhere in (MAYBE there) King of the sea XI tournament topic, but it is made to be completed during several kots, so you can complete it

Players
3,404 posts
4,923 battles
9 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

So basicaly with this daily shipment we will get this KotS container which unlocks Collection and Tier 7 Premium container ship.

When we can expect this article:

• Three via a combat mission that can be activated by clicking a button in an article on our website.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,020 posts
1 minute ago, Hades_warrior said:

which unlocks Collection

if it isn't unlocked since last KotS

2 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

When we can expect this article:

I'd guess around the finals weekends

[WG]
WG Staff
4,163 posts
4,342 battles
Před 11 hodinami Reverend_Lovejoy řekl/a:

Instead of obtaining it on login we have to go to the armory and collect it ?

Correct :cap_like:

[SLAPP]
Players
76 posts
16,848 battles

From the screenshot I currently have the UU for the Yueyang. Gearing, Shimakaze, Khabarovsk, Des Moines, Hindenburg and Zao.

Others I own are also available, why are they still available for purchase in the armoury?

image.thumb.png.cfd4db4d1b421d0936590266524a24e2.png

[-RAF-]
Players
565 posts
5,549 battles
1 minuto fa, IlljustcallhimDave ha scritto:

From the screenshot I currently have the UU for the Yueyang. Gearing, Shimakaze, Khabarovsk, Des Moines, Hindenburg and Zao.

Others I own are also available, why are they still available for purchase in the armoury?

image.thumb.png.cfd4db4d1b421d0936590266524a24e2.png

I don't know

[SONLY]
Beta Tester
68 posts
8,137 battles
On 9/4/2020 at 10:34 AM, YabbaCoe said:

Correct :cap_like:

Terrible change if you ask me. before it was just one click you couldn't miss. Now you have to actually remember yourself about this every time you log in and go through several clicks... Makes no sense to me. 

the dockyard has a blinking notification for us to spend dabloons, but a free drop cannot be more easily reminded off? Weird

• Cool 1

[R3B3L]
Players
893 posts
29,551 battles
1 hour ago, ArnieDude said:

Now you have to actually remember yourself about this every time you log in and go through several clicks...

It deepens your bond with the game; makes you more "connected" to it... ommmm...💜🔅🌻

In the end it aims to make you more addicted.

Because when get used to enter the armory every day, you will develop a habit of doing it - even when there is nothing for free anymore.

You will see the shiny colorful items over and over again and at some point make a purchase.

Just a small one.

And another one.

And so on.

$$$

• Cool 1

Players
86 posts

Moving Daily Shipments to the Armory is another glorious idea by devs. :Smile_facepalm: I discovered myself that I've missed 25% already even if I log-in daily. Put some blinking button or something. Unless it was done on purpose so people will forget about them, which is more likely explanation - considering offensively worthless scraps DS provide.

I said this when rumors were circulating about 'free' premium consumables. WG will give those but then they'll suck the system dry of everything else. And so they did. Even Notser raised that point in one of his older streams, which is nice that I'm not that paranoid (my WoWs enthusiasm was extinguished about 2 years ago) and other folks know how to read between the lines.

@VladoCro

Exactly! That's why I disconnected all payment methods in the client 2 years ago. It's far to easy to bleed dosh buying from the client.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,561 posts
20,120 battles

I really hate the fact the daily drop is not marked in the armory tab, so it is easy to miss it.

Players
957 posts
13,741 battles

The news article (quoted above) is rather brief on this.

I think on the whole there are more advantages to disadvantages to having this system. Previously if you couldn't play the game you would miss out. If you could play the game you couldn't avoid receiving the daily log-in, i.e. for triggering one of the 24hr Premium time drops, as uncollected drops would be automatically issued at the end of the server day.

The current system does rely on people remembering to go to the Armory to manually collect the given drop. It's a new change, it's only to be expected that people will take their own time to adjust to it. But crucially you can choose to collect the drop or hold off, important for triggering Premium time when you're f2p. And you do not need to log-in to the game to collect the drop; if you're away from home you only need to log-in using the browser link to the Armory.

But then everyone in those circumstances would need to have that link bookmarked. And if it was a policy intention it could be more explicitly presented in the article with that link?

[TOWA]
Players
7 posts
14,373 battles
On 9/17/2020 at 11:44 AM, Aragathor said:

I really hate the fact the daily drop is not marked in the armory tab, so it is easy to miss it.

Not only you hate it, in fact I am a little bit angry about that at the moment.

Why is it not possible to get a little red 1 at the armory as a reminder like it always happens with new news on the top on the left?

That one 1 (or 2 or 3) is not necessary for me because I normally read news at the homepage itself, not ingame - but its still there, useless and annoying every time.

So why can´t we get a little red 1 when it would actually remind us of something useful?

Because of that missing in-game-reminder I did NOT get the KotS-Container... Thank you, Wargaming *sighs*

I was logged in more than enough days to get everything, I just forgot to GET the daily container a few days in the beginning (and did not login for maybe 4 days in this time because I was travelling) - and was unlucky enough that the KotS container would have been my last reward -.-

So PLEASE give us such a reminder!

Another possibility would be that the game recognizes that you were logged in and just forgot to actually get it - and saves it up until you go into the armory (within the event time of course) and get all saved up prizes with one click.

With either one of these possibilities I would have gotten everything easily...

Screenshot 2020-09-23 08.06.57.png

[WG]
WG Staff
4,163 posts
4,342 battles
Před 1 hodinou MoriaProfa řekl/a:

Not only you hate it, in fact I am a little bit angry about that at the moment.

Why is it not possible to get a little red 1 at the armory as a reminder like it always happens with new news on the top on the left?

That one 1 (or 2 or 3) is not necessary for me because I normally read news at the homepage itself, not ingame - but its still there, useless and annoying every time.

So why can´t we get a little red 1 when it would actually remind us of something useful?

Because of that missing in-game-reminder I did NOT get the KotS-Container... Thank you, Wargaming *sighs*

I was logged in more than enough days to get everything, I just forgot to GET the daily container a few days in the beginning (and did not login for maybe 4 days in this time because I was travelling) - and was unlucky enough that the KotS container would have been my last reward -.-

So PLEASE give us such a reminder!

Another possibility would be that the game recognizes that you were logged in and just forgot to actually get it - and saves it up until you go into the armory (within the event time of course) and get all saved up prizes with one click.

With either one of these possibilities I would have gotten everything easily...

Screenshot 2020-09-23 08.06.57.png

I am sorry to hear that, you were indeed very unlucky to have KoTS container last in the list and therefore you won't get that. How many pieces of the collection are you missing so far?

We announced this feature to run it for the first time. Also thanks for the comments, as we can try to improve that and to know, where exactly were the main issues regarding those daily rewards.

[TOWA]
Players
7 posts
14,373 battles

6 are missing so far, I have 3 doubled cards I did not use so far - so in fact 3 are missing ;)

I had to work while the battles were shown this year and now I am in holidays so it may be that I have missed a code, not sure about that though

Weekend Tester
116 posts
10,943 battles

Damn, i also missed the container in the Armory. So i will end up with 15 containers :Smile_sad:

Any idea or timeline to release the KoTS container later in the Armory for purchase? Or will they come back for next KoTS?