21 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
4,163 posts
4,342 battles

WG_SPB_WoWs_Preview_Update_098_720x192.jpg

Captains!

Due to the installation of the Update, the server will be unavailable:

On Thursday 3rd September from 7:00 to 10:00 CEST (UTC+2)

Update size: 8GB

All information can be found in the article Update 0.9.8

[SWPBC]
[SWPBC]
Players
41 posts
13,569 battles

Question? Why can we not have proper sea ports with gun in placements covering the port entrance's where our ships can come out of that would be a better feature than just spawning the ships out at sea like we do now.

You could have a few ships anchored out side the port if you cannot get all the ships in port.

another question to ask please please do you think you could make the clan size bigger for members joining clans the maximum at the moment is 50 why not make it around 100 members per clan, like in world of tanks it would make more people join world of warships game and also cut down on the number of clans in the game as most clans don't last long with only a few players in each clan and then they just give up because they cannot get players. As example we had to make two sides SWPBC & SWABG to our clan to accommodate members wishing to join Sea Wolves Of The Pacific & Atlantic Royal Navy Battle Organisation. Thank you for your time I hope to here from you in regards to the above

Kind regards from SeaViper1953 First Sea Lord.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,836 posts
8,982 battles

shot-20_09.03_14_15_15-0263.thumb.jpg.a0d8be57acc65dab54d48df283c77e5c.jpg

How is this supposed to be a good feature? I cant even see the damn ship anymore :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff
4,163 posts
4,342 battles
Před 12 minutami DFens_666 řekl/a:

shot-20_09.03_14_15_15-0263.thumb.jpg.a0d8be57acc65dab54d48df283c77e5c.jpg

How is this supposed to be a good feature? I cant even see the damn ship anymore :cap_fainting:

That is weird. Do you have a replay from this battle? 

Also was that Roon the only ship invisible for you?

[SHAFT]
Players
9,836 posts
8,982 battles
Just now, YabbaCoe said:

That is weird. Do you have a replay from this battle? 

Also was that Roon the only ship invisible for you?

well obviously because of the thunderstorm which was present. I dont think other ships were like that, alltho it was the only one in it IIRC. Maybe the DM later, not sure.

20200903_141218_PRSC510-Stalingrad_15_NE_north.wowsreplay

[TOFTC]
Players
2 posts
7,704 battles

The phone tone going all the time in the new designers table port is horrendous:(

• Funny 1

[DI-EU]
Players
19 posts
13,396 battles

gift symbol on T10 ships doesn't disapear after completion so have to remember which ships you have completed It on tabbed back into game and symbol was gone.

picking own music instead starts playing some audio for one of the video's, something to do with Belfast 4 gun turrets attempt droning on in background, picking WG music In game works fine. Seems user music folder if full of podcasts

[PV]
[PV]
Players
64 posts
10,756 battles

"Installing the update is not possible. We are working on this..."

Always curious to see what WGs f*cked up this time with the update - your devels always surprise me. :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 2

Players
10 posts
2,557 battles
6 hours ago, Zenoflex said:

The phone tone going all the time in the new designers table port is horrendous:(

Same, need to silent that phone or reduce the sound 1 time every minute

Players
347 posts
19,597 battles

I have some feedback regarding the Dockyard view and I think the best way to relay this is through a video.
Sometimes the popup window shows the wrong stage when hovering with the mouse over the stages.
Give the video some time to be processed by youtube, should eventually be available in high quality.

Best Regards

Me

Players
21 posts
1,941 battles

Hello,

i really like the most changes and many new features.

But what bugs me the most are issues in the gameplay.

It really destroys the fun when there are Carriers who have a low risk high reward gameplay.

No Danger but makes tons of damage even to Battleships. You cant even play destroyers anymore.

4 Things that happen while playing Destroyer:

1. you will be spotted by other Destroyer and everyone will shoot you down. ( Not really bad because same applies to the enemy Destroyer)

2. there is someone with hydro near you and you will be spotted. ( Ok Hydro needs to be near you for it to spot you. So its balanced too.)

3. Radar who can spot 10-12 Km. ( So much Ships in every round so u only have a chance by staying out of range, which makes your teammates angry at you for not spotting or capping.

4. Carrier will Stalk you with Planes. ( Nothing you can do here. Your AA dont really bring them down fast enough, he even can fire at you. All others will shoot because you are detected for an eternity.

Atleast the Thing with Carriers needs to be Balanced.

Then we have way to much He Spamming ships. Everygame the same Smolensk or Des Moines camping behind an isle and spaming. Almost no counter for that.

And the last thing that bugs me is that the german ships are not in the same league as other nations.

How can it be that German Ships wont even hit anything at  6KM range? While Sowjet or American would destroy a Cruiser in 6 Km range in an instant Broadside. The German ships are lucky to do even 6k to 7k Dmg to a Broadside cruiser or Battleship. The Dispersion is horrible for even hitting in a Brawl. How can it be the Sowjet Battleship perform way better in terms of precision in the same range as the german ships?.

I think there needs to be done something.

Im sry if i wrote this in the Wrong Forum/ Channel.

• Cool 1

[COMA]
Players
192 posts
11,997 battles

Not related to this particular update (but maybe, who knows):

Special commander ComRichard voiceover is bugged/missing. When launching spotter plane he says the comment in English, not in the commander's national language, Russian. Fix this.

[COMA]
Players
192 posts
11,997 battles

OK WG...

Explain to me why during the dog-fight with other BB all the shells fired by my Texas lands nowhere but the place I aim, huh? 1 km distance and wtf is that?

Players
729 posts

Have just noticed (so to be fair it might be a patch old already) but the Ships page in the new-look Armoury seems much quicker to load and more stable than when it was introduced; good job WG!

• Cool 1

[AVAST]
Beta Tester
3 posts
3,625 battles

PSA and bug report

Five Epochs mission have the wrong description, just found out myself and then found this on NA forum: 

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/226680-psa-campaign-mission-incorrect/

description and pictures in the link, but basically tier 4 task 6 is described as "get potential damage 450k" but it is actually #do fire damage 450k".

WG Staff
1,233 posts
751 battles
2 minutes ago, Arigato said:

PSA and bug report

Five Epochs mission have the wrong description, just found out myself and then found this on NA forum: 

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/226680-psa-campaign-mission-incorrect/

description and pictures in the link, but basically tier 4 task 6 is described as "get potential damage 450k" but it is actually #do fire damage 450k".

Hi, Captain thnak you for your report,

we are aware of the issue; it is going to be fixed with the release of Update 0.9.9.

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Weekend Tester
399 posts
6,579 battles
13 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi, Captain thnak you for your report,

we are aware of the issue; it is going to be fixed with the release of Update 0.9.9.

Is it just the description or is it the required ships that will change ?
As at the moment it wants Fiji and Edinburgh which cant really start fires unless you're in secondary range lol

Just tested it, it is not fire damage it is just damage in general, all types count.

WG Staff
1,233 posts
751 battles
6 hours ago, McLeod said:

Is it just the description or is it the required ships that will change ?
As at the moment it wants Fiji and Edinburgh which cant really start fires unless you're in secondary range lol

Just tested it, it is not fire damage it is just damage in general, all types count.

Hi Captain, 
The text of the requirement is going to be changed with 0.9.9. As you mentioned, it should state " Damage with your Main Battery" instead.

(Also the Zara shouldn't be included on the list of eligible ships.)

Players
54 posts
13,788 battles

I started Five Epochs of Navy Mission and got to 4th tier and there are 2 tasks there that need adressing:

4.4 Secondary hits with Tirpitz, Bismarck and Richelieu

4.9 Torp hits with Kagero, Asashio,Jervis and La Fantasque

My issues is - I own both Tirpitz B and Asashio B, and they don't count for these missions.

It's not the first time this happens with "B" ships.

I think there was in past some mission with Massa, but sinceI only own B version of the ship, it didn't count.

Would be nice if you'd fix this, so that Black ships get same treatment. 

[WG]
WG Staff
4,163 posts
4,342 battles
Před 8 hodinami GoneFishingAgain řekl/a:

I started Five Epochs of Navy Mission and got to 4th tier and there are 2 tasks there that need adressing:

4.4 Secondary hits with Tirpitz, Bismarck and Richelieu

4.9 Torp hits with Kagero, Asashio,Jervis and La Fantasque

My issues is - I own both Tirpitz B and Asashio B, and they don't count for these missions.

It's not the first time this happens with "B" ships.

I think there was in past some mission with Massa, but sinceI only own B version of the ship, it didn't count.

Would be nice if you'd fix this, so that Black ships get same treatment. 

Hello. I am sorry, that you can't use your "B" ships to fill those tasks. As you can see, the choice of ships is usually very limited and just several of possible candidates were actually chosen.

We wanted to mostly put there tech tree ships, so everybody would have the option to fill that task. Also to each part we put a premium ship, some legendary ship, which Tirpitz definitely is and for example Asashio was the first ship with deep water torpedoes.

As the space there is limited, if we would put all those B versions, ARP versions for Myoko etc, it would be messy and wouldn't look nice.