You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
luokailk

Slave dispersion will be nerfed in 0.9.11

29 comments in this topic

[KITEN]
Players
128 posts
12,010 battles

RIP Slava

new skill lv 4: Nimble

reduce enemy ship accuracy, dispersion +20%

For those mates who are resetting 5 lines or plan to pay for the research points, think twice now.

WG will remove the only good thing on Slava, in some sense.

• Funny 9
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 5

Beta Tester
5,226 posts
24,098 battles

Wrong.

All ships dispersion will be affected by this skill. Ships with good dispersion will be even less affected. 

Maybe WG will nerf its AA after 1-2 years. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SHAFT]
Players
9,832 posts
8,982 battles

Must be the most ridiculous thing about the new captain skills ive heard so far :cap_fainting:

• Cool 6

Players
8,169 posts
9,059 battles

RIP Slava. Killed by the nerf to its long range sniping capabilities by a skill to worse dispersion vs DDs by 20%. Not even the universal buff to long-range dispersion by 10% due to Marksman skill will ever be able to make up for this... 

• Funny 2

[CORNG]
Players
1,923 posts
15,590 battles
1 hour ago, fumtu said:

Yes, even tho It is only for DDs, we all know how Slava was deadly against DDs at 20km, that was its major selling point. I for example just ignore all those broadside BBs and cruisers and trying to snipe DD from 20km all day long. Slava nerfed to the ground confirmed. WG please buff Slava.

Don't be scared, the perk is active only for 15 seconds after the DD got spotted. So if your shells are in the air for long enough... Just make sure you are far away :cap_cool:

Spoiler

To be honest I am not sure if the shells must be fired or hit within the 15 seconds for the increased dispersion to be active.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,832 posts
8,982 battles
1 minute ago, FallenOrchid said:

Don't be scared, the perk is active only for 15 seconds after the DD got spotted. So if your shells are in the air for long enough... Just make sure you are far away :cap_cool:

Hide contents

To be honest I am not sure if the shells must be fired or hit within the 15 seconds for the increased dispersion to be active.

Dispersion is calculated when you fire your guns.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
5,226 posts
24,098 battles

Is a stupid skill anyway, if you are also actively dodging incoming fire, you may receive more damage because of it. 

• Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
4,608 posts

Well after this, I won't hit any ship on any ship. My presence in battles will become purely for decorative purposes.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
3,310 posts
3 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Well after this, I won't hit any ship on any ship. My presence in battles will become purely for decorative purposes.

Sell for credits then? lol Tbh I got rid of all my German CV's in one fell swoop, and I feel cured, but don't it strike you as odd that they nerf ships on their selling points, the Agir was supposed to have awesome  secondaries, nerfed, not=w absolutely nothing going for it at all, now the infamous Slava, nerfed, is there any point in even trying to get other ships?

• Cool 1

Players
268 posts
5,761 battles

So the new "MARKSMAN" skill which reduces Maximum Dispersion by 10% isn't a boost to Slava then........ if this remains prepare for more and more camping and spamming from many BBs.

[I-J-N]
Players
4,608 posts
3 minutes ago, Logan_MountStuart said:

So the new "MARKSMAN" skill which reduces Maximum Dispersion by 10% isn't a boost to Slava then........ if this remains prepare for more and more camping and spamming from many BBs.

Well, maths is not my strongest suit, how would the relative +10% and -20% work against each other?

[SM0KE]
Players
5,570 posts
13,858 battles
1 hour ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

My presence in battles will become purely for decorative purposes.

I fear you may have summarised my - unintentional - approach to many battles...

:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-TAP-]
Players
301 posts
8,160 battles
31 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Well, maths is not my strongest suit, how would the relative +10% and -20% work against each other?

Probably additively, so for the first 15 seconds during which a Slava was shooting at a freshly spotted DD with the skill 20km away it would effectively have 10% worse dispersion.

As people have already been sarcastically pointing out, it's not exactly a noticeable nerf to the Slava, especially considering the bow wave of other bonuses BBs are scheduled to gain.

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
Players
535 posts

Hello, cruiser Hermelin. Future 21-point-Godadmiral Lütjens will be glad to take command of you. Let us find out what all those new skills can do at T1 randoms. :Smile_smile:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,521 battles

What is this ? Map border hugging campers being nerfed ?

That is great news. Maybe randoms will become actually playable again. When not in CV that is.

Long overdue actually.

• Cool 2

Players
215 posts
2,755 battles

I see the skill as a nerf, in a DD or RN CL if you are fired at at long-medium range you have a moderate chance to duck out of the way of a tight group of shells, a long rage Conq salvo is more of a threat then a Thunderer salvo as getting out of the way from that shotgun blob is trickier to do. Give ships 20% more shotgun effect for an even harder time dodging? Yeah... No.

• Cool 4

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
222 posts
6,791 battles

Posts like these really do explain the quality of random matches nowadays.

Players
3,279 posts
19,066 battles
9 hours ago, luokailk said:

RIP Slava

new skill lv 4: Nimble

reduce enemy ship accuracy, dispersion +20%

For those mates who are resetting 5 lines or plan to pay for the research points, think twice now.

WG will remove the only good thing on Slava, in some sense.

Its nerf to all ships if they play against a ship which has that skill. But also its a buff to the ships which have that skill. 

How on the earth can you come to this conclusion... :Smile_facepalm:

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,907 posts
19,732 battles
6 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Map border hugging campers being nerfed ?

If you had actually bothered to read the upcoming changes you'd realize that camping is actually getting buffed.

• Cool 1

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,266 posts

Maybe Wargaming should remove "ship reverse" engine option from all BB ships. Too many in random games these days doing nothing but pointing their ship front on to you and then putting it in reverse. it gets a bit boring seeing just about every Jean Bart or Rich doing it.

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
4,608 posts
2 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

Maybe Wargaming should remove "ship reverse" engine option from all BB ships. Too many in random games these days doing nothing but pointing their ship front on to you and then putting it in reverse. it gets a bit boring seeing just about every Jean Bart or Rich doing it.

These are French ships you are talking about...:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,266 posts

Any ship really that has decent gun range and front only turret guns. It's become a  bad habbit with a lot of players. That they do it to avoid showing any broadside you can shoot at and just stick their ship in reverse. But the likes of players in Jean Bart and Rich (both French BBs). See it going on way to often with them ships. Just bad play, because they tend to do it all game until they get killed. Like they can't even be arsed to move and play the ship proper.

[L4GG]
Players
3,150 posts
10,735 battles
9 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

8 hours ago, Verblonde said:

I fear you may have summarised my - unintentional - approach to many battles...

:Smile_facepalm:

Don't you worry you are not alone.

All classes but the cv will turn into decorative pieces.

• Cool 2

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,266 posts

Am I reading right with the skill changes that fire chance on all BBs will be reduced.