You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mangrey

so Erich Loewenhardt

18 comments in this topic

Beta Tester, Players
708 posts

So how are prople doing with this Tir 6 CV ?

I find it to be a really hard CV to play. 

[-TPF-]
Players
3,919 posts
16,135 battles

Can be tricky, yes. You need to master attacking on the beam with the bombers, as getting them into position to attack from bow/stern(which works best) can often be quite tricky, especially with relatively low HP planes. The rocket reticle is also an acquired taste. Graf Zep is much easier to use, not sure why they decided this one had to have quite so many quirks. 

Beta Tester
2,103 posts
11,988 battles

Its not too bad for a casual CV player like me.

Easier to lay fires on ships than with Weser planes.

The small squadrons limit the options with that ship for a average joe like me.

But up to now i have nothing to complain

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,494 battles

In PvP the Weser is extremely much better.  In Operations the E.Lowenhardt rules.

The difference seems to be AP bombs need a certain armour thickness higher tier enemies will provide, and PvP sees plenty of higher tier enemies.

In Operations most enemies are lower tier...HE bombs work better on them as AP bombs will just overpenetrate. The lowenhardt has 4 x 150 mm guns per side and 10 x 105 mm. In Operations you actually can use them in a Cruiser role and they will provide a higher score when doing so, something you cannot do in PvP.

There also is a difference in plane reserves and plane regeneration.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,103 posts
11,988 battles

Perfect on point.

In T6 operations Loewenhardt is really fun to play :Smile_great:

Players
8,167 posts
9,037 battles

Situational CV. Imo, a tad bit on the poorer side of things. The main issue with the Loewenhardt, imo, is that the torps are utter crap and the AP rockets mean you either do great against cruisers or if cruiser is not present, you are left with one actually good plane type. Which still manages to be not very reliable, because while the reticule is smaller, hunting DDs that aren't straightlining with this thing is like hunting cruisers in GZ. Inconsistent. The big HE bomb will get you tons of incaps even on near-misses though, so even if you manage to get dodged, the DD will likely have no engine or rudder or torps... I'd consider it ok for T6, but certainly not a strong pick, unless you get into cruiser meta. Certainly not a reliable carry CV either.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,494 battles
1 hour ago, HaachamaShipping said:

Situational CV. Imo, a tad bit on the poorer side of things. The main issue with the Loewenhardt, imo, is that the torps are utter crap and the AP rockets mean you either do great against cruisers or if cruiser is not present, you are left with one actually good plane type. Which still manages to be not very reliable, because while the reticule is smaller, hunting DDs that aren't straightlining with this thing is like hunting cruisers in GZ. Inconsistent. The big HE bomb will get you tons of incaps even on near-misses though, so even if you manage to get dodged, the DD will likely have no engine or rudder or torps... I'd consider it ok for T6, but certainly not a strong pick, unless you get into cruiser meta. Certainly not a reliable carry CV either.

You think in a "competitive play" and "random matches & Clan Battles" mindset too much. There are only a few ships which are better then all other ships anyway and that is extremely boring. Such easy ships lack challenge. Everyone and their mother uses them.  Up to a point they need to be removed. And as you probably have recognised the newest released Premiums are certainly not created with being the  latest better then anything already in game in mind......

A lot of players enjoy diversity of ships, their roles and their functions. They don't have to be the best - a race to the bottom anyways -  they need to be different. WG understands that.

A lot of ships need other then "competitive" builds too. Else they will not function correct. That is how "trash" branded ships by clueless "competitive" minded CC's can actually be priceless jewels in other game modes then randoms. Even PvP alternative modes.

• Cool 1

Players
8,167 posts
9,037 battles
10 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

You think in a "competitive play" mindset too much. There are only a few ships which are better then all other ships anyway and that is extremely boring.

A lot of players enjoy diversity of ships, their roles and their functions. They don't have to be the best, they need to be different. WG understands that.

A lot of ships need other then "competitive" builds too. Else they will not function correct. That is how "trash" branded ships by clueless "competitive" minded CC's can actually be priceless jewels in other game modes. Even PvP alternative modes.

And here he comes again, attacking "competitive" players as if anyone with a WR of over 50% and a desire to keep it that way was some kind of idiot to be educated by Mr. Secondary CV and his grandiose build ideas that work out so incredibly well...

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[-TPF-]
Players
3,919 posts
16,135 battles
6 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:

And here he comes again, attacking "competitive" players as if anyone with a WR of over 50% and a desire to keep it that way was some kind of idiot to be educated by Mr. Secondary CV and his grandiose build ideas that work out so incredibly well...

He is right, though. Little White Mouse's ship reviews give an assessment of a ship for PVE, PVP, Collectors, Resource Farming - it's rare there's a ship which doesn't work somewhere in the game. EL is not the same as the other Tier VI CVs and is playable in its own way, and that's good.

• Cool 1

Players
8,167 posts
9,037 battles
4 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

He is right, though. Little White Mouse's ship reviews give an assessment of a ship for PVE, PVP, Collectors, Resource Farming - it's rare there's a ship which doesn't work somewhere in the game. EL is not the same as the other Tier VI CVs and is playable in its own way, and that's good.

It's actually rare to see a ship that doesn't qualify at least for collectors, but that's it. A good few ships that don't get a good rating get also just a PvP rating of "Well, you can use it vs bots", but not a recommendation. Even Cheshire gets a "You can use this in coop, but an Albemarle is better".

And no, he isn't right, because his point is that anyone who is "competitive" just hasn't tried enough crap yet, throwing then weird builds at you that hardly are worthwhile, not that he himself has anything to back it up with. Because if all he wanted to say was "you can use it in some game modes", then that'd just be misdirected, as nowhere in my initial statement did I say the ship is poor vs bots or in randoms all the time. What I said was that it certainly is not a power pick and in randoms has consistency issues due to how its armaments work and how MM can throw you against cruiser-heavy lineups where the AP rockets are great or against BB-heavy comps, where you are likely the straight up worst T6 CV in the game. Coop and ops are a different matter because CV in coop will almost always work, as bot CVs are absolute trash and outperforming it is easy and ops typically feature enough cruisers. Though even then, I'd say that the greater value of a CV in ops is to kill heavy ships, where Loewenhardt, once again, is a suboptimal pick and any other CV would be better suited. Because let's face it, an op lineup usually has issues with either DDs or BBs, not the plethora of suicidal rushing cruisers. 

Players
8,167 posts
9,037 battles
5 minutes ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

Not got her and don't intend to get her but how does she really fare to the tech tree counterpart, the Weser?

Loewenhardt has a better tool to deal with DDs, though it's not as consistent as other CVs, it's better than Weser's. Against cruisers, the better rockets are also potentially devastating, though Weser's AP bombs against cruisers and BBs can be downright devastating compared to Loewenhardt's bombs. Removing up to 14k from a cruiser or BB pretty much permanently at T6 is not to be underestimated. Loewenhardt thus is a bit better rounded, and I'd rate it higher vs cruisers, much higher vs DDs but very much worse against BBs.

• Cool 4

Players
362 posts
2,114 battles

E.L is a fun T6 Carrier, definitely not the best CV at tier 6 as she is overshadowed by Ryujo and Ark Royal and gets stiff competition from Ranger but is mostly competent and dive bombing things in a Stuka (even without the siren) never gets old.

Her biggest failing is an over reliance on her DB's for attacking pretty much everything other than Cruisers due to meme worthy bad TB's that successfully combine the worst aspects of all other CV torpedoes in the game into one glorious tribute to the avatar of fail.

Honestly, I don't know what WarGaming was snorting when they came us with the Torpedo stats but it must have been pretty potent stuff.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

I've played a few cv's, didn't like weser but do like Eric Loewenhard, I can see why people say it's better in ops, as it doesn't enjoy being bottom tier due to planes in the attack and on deck, they very quickly run out.

If not uptiered it's a good ship, it's fast and I particular like the planes, it would be nice if the Dive bombers had Jericho trumpets, to make the scream as it dives.

My other Main CV is Kaga and I actually prefer Eric Loewenhard even though my Kaga's built for stealth (6km torp bomber detection), to a noob Eric's very unforgiving but to a decent cv player (not me), then it can definitely carry. 

Definitely one for ops though and if  WG ever sorts out MM (if you know your T6 is actually playing against T6's).

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,553 posts
13,855 battles
7 hours ago, Mangrey said:

So how are prople doing with this Tir 6 CV ?

Excellent for Ops (to echo others and excluding Newport as I avoid that one), but I'm not good enough to make use of her against real people.

I'm a poor CV player and one thing I did find useful about EL (after a certain amount of bad language) is that she forces you to make more use of plane types that aren't TBs, as the TBs she gets are so dreadful. I don't know how universal this is, but I have found myself making too much use of torp planes on other CVs, and EL has helped me start to break that particular bad habit.

I suspect most of us mainly got her for the Stukas though...

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,494 battles

The only thing about Lowenhardt i dislike ( too ) are it's rediculous wide spaced 2 torpedo's per drop. They are much slower then Wesers ( by 20 knots ! ) too, and only 133 damage more.

For a human player it is rediculously easy to eat only 1 or none. And even on bots one is challenged to make 2 torpedo's hit....snail slow and rediculous wide spaced...and only 2 dropped per pass.....4200 damage ( compared to Wesers 20 knots faster 4067 damage torpedos ) isn't earth shaking either, especially if 2 hitting is an exception.

The thing that seems hidden in plain view is the Stuka torps have 6 km range.....the highest range of any tier 6 CV by a large margin.........the Wesers only 2,5 km. Other nations CV are very short ranged too : around 3 km is most common. Ryujo has 4 km and fast torpedo's. ( 2 knots difference with Wesers )

WG probably intends the player to actively use that 6 km somehow. Again in operations i could see a  use for it. ( but up to today did not recongnise or use this  )

But in PvP ? Anti stationary camper ? Anti AFK ? launching them as an insult ? :Smile_teethhappy: