Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
black_falcon120

2020 Supercontainer project

14 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,148 posts
3,074 battles

EDIT: this was only meant to be the discussion thread here is the link to the live data collection https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd8Ge9MS_f-n_gU40m-QRDZo2Iw1vnjWTJDK7i4E534kuYJTg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Hi All, 

I'm considering running the super container project again this year, last year's can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18WtWfK3o9p1nBbrw_GIB8yoQBk21uNfXUYIaSxgpqqs/edit?usp=sharing 

I would just like to know if you think this project is worth continuing from last year, to see if anything has changed? I am unsure how many people would be interested.

Another thing I'd like your opinion on is if it is ok to use a google form to collect the data, rather than using the spreadsheet, as it is likely to save me a great deal of time, but also possibly make it more vulnerable to trolls, but also allow me to collect more data.  What do people think?  

Best,

Black_Falcon120

• Cool 19

[-GG-]
[-GG-]
Players
338 posts
19,376 battles

Nice stats ! 

I'm even a bit suprised to see a combined roughly 20% for a SCs with some "value" i.e. doubloons, premium time, premium ship, steel.

This year I'm opening 40 of them so approx 8 should be sth else than usual flag and cammo crap :Smile_teethhappy:

[I-J-N]
Players
4,763 posts

I've gotten a few SC's this year, haven't kept any records though, sadly. Recently I got two SC's within the space of something like three weeks.

The State Secret is....

.... run the game with the Rushan Language Client. Da, comrades! :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
1,148 posts
3,074 battles

Everyone likes last years stats but seem less interested in this years so I’ll probably use a google form to mass collect data unless anyone objects?

[BGNAV]
Players
186 posts
19,699 battles

Will try to provide info for SC drops from myself and eventually from several friends like last year!

[-AP-]
Players
2,575 posts
6,333 battles
3 hours ago, radius77 said:

I'm even a bit suprised to see a combined roughly 20% for a SCs with some "value" i.e. doubloons, premium time, premium ship, steel.

Reporting bias. Whenever people get something valuable, they feel more inclined to share, so whatever statistics that are collected in this fashion will always show a skewed image. Which is not to say that it is useless by any means, you just have to take it with a pinch of salt and realise that the real numbers are probably a lot lower than what appears in the spreadsheet.

The only way to beat reporting bias and get accurate stats would be to include all the data on every supercontainer opened, which only wargaming can do, and theyre not going to share their lootbox drop rates unless some very angry lawmakers knock on their vodka-infused door

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,148 posts
3,074 battles
6 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Reporting bias. Whenever people get something valuable, they feel more inclined to share, so whatever statistics that are collected in this fashion will always show a skewed image. Which is not to say that it is useless by any means, you just have to take it with a pinch of salt and realise that the real numbers are probably a lot lower than what appears in the spreadsheet.

The only way to beat reporting bias and get accurate stats would be to include all the data on every supercontainer opened, which only wargaming can do, and theyre not going to share their lootbox drop rates unless some very angry lawmakers knock on their vodka-infused door

20% does sound reasonable imo and 0.8% ship chance sounds about what others say.

Beta Tester
1,148 posts
3,074 battles
2 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

Looks like your link is working fine, but I could fill it multiple times. 

I don't think I can lock people out without requiring google accounts, which I'm not certain is a good idea.

[HEROZ]
Players
11 posts
3,058 battles

Hello!

I opened 11 SCs (10 from T10 ship bonuses for the win + 1 that came from daily shipments). Here's what I got, in this particular order:

1. 50k free xp
2. 100 zulu flags
3. 50 Post-Apocalypse camos
4. 25 leviathan flags
5. 100 victor lima flags
6. 50 type 59 camos
7. 1000 gold
8. 14 days premium
9. 25 ouroboros flags
10. 25 basilisk flags

11. 50 ocean soul camos

All in all, everything that I got suits me fine currently. I got lots of consumables that make my grinds for T10 much easier.