You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.9.8

61 comments in this topic

Players
1,610 posts
3,231 battles

Congrats for the 5 Years

Pretty Okay; the new "Free Armoury Random Bundle" is a bit iffy, not that i don't like it, (i hate RNG bundles, but since it works as the daily shipments, it's fine) it's just that it seems unnecessary. 

Overall it's a nice Update, I love the new Campaing, more like this please! :Smile_medal:. I guess i'll buy back some low tiers.

[BAD-F]
Players
84 posts
17,774 battles
10 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Congrats for the 5 Years

Pretty Okay; the new "Free Armoury Random Bundle" is a bit iffy, not that i don't like it, (i hate RNG bundles, but since it works as the daily shipments, it's fine) it's just that it seems unnecessary. 

Overall it's a nice Update, I love the new Campaing, more like this please! :Smile_medal:. I guess i'll buy back some low tiers.

Gotta get those gambling mechanic's into every single part of the game because that's exactly what everyone has been complaining about not being enough gambling mechanic's in the game. Gotta get all the kiddies hooked while they're young and impressionable 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 3

[BAD-F]
Players
84 posts
17,774 battles

I just can't wait to get nothing but temporary camos and signals from the Supper Containers for the 23 tier X ship's that I have in port. Not like I would like any of rare but power crept ships that I've never gotten a single of in the 5 year's that I have been playing the game that they hand out like candy to new player's. No I definitely need more of those signals and temporary camos that I already have hundreds of if not thousands of. Yes that is what all of us long time players want, more temporary camos that we can use on our power crept tech tree ships that we never play anymore because premium ships are the only ships worth playing any more. Or maybe I'll get really lucky and get 10,000 Free Xp from Super Containers, it's not like I can make more than twice as much as that from a single game or anything. Or maybe I'll be really really lucky and get those tier 2 premiums that nobody plays or wants. Oh that would be just swell. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
1,003 posts
15,910 battles
9 minutes ago, dforce105 said:

Gotta get those gambling mechanic's into every single part of the game

Isnt that the case already? Its just called random in game itself thats all, all you controll is just the direction of the ship and the direction you are aiming at, everything else is RNGesus's will, starting from MM on how many gliched BOTs you are getting on the team and are they set to win or not.

But i get you, i believe we need a wining subscription fee of X euros, which will place you with above average players for X battles that have a 'higher chance to win a game'.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
12 posts
12,264 battles

You keep throwing ranked battles very often, but do nothing to change mechanics to be more player friendly so to speak.

Or better said to ease the pain of losing stars.

Work on that, not on dockyard.

• Cool 3

Players
563 posts
3,540 battles

Thumbs down. As bad and disappointing a single super container might be as the "grand prize" of this sad effort of an anniversary, to discover that we need a tier 10 ship to actually get it is just straight up ignorant. What you devs think ALL the playerbase has or wants a tier 10 ship?? [edited] honestly. At least we'll be spared the disappointment of its heavily weighted contents outcome anyway.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[BAD-F]
Players
84 posts
17,774 battles
39 minutes ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

Thumbs down. As bad and disappointing a single super container might be as the "grand prize" of this sad effort of an anniversary, to discover that we need a tier 10 ship to actually get it is just straight up ignorant. What you devs think ALL the playerbase has or wants a tier 10 ship?? [edited] honestly. At least we'll be spared the disappointment of its heavily weighted contents outcome anyway.

I think the most that I've ever gotten out of a super container is some crappy T4 premium that I didn't want and never play. Whenever they have events like this all I ever get are camos and signals I already have hundreds of. The camos are rarely ever used

• Cool 1

Players
563 posts
3,540 battles
Just now, dforce105 said:

I think the most that I've ever gotten out of a super container is some crappy T4 premium that I didn't want and never play. Whenever they have events like this all I ever get are camos and signals I already have hundreds of. The camos are rarely ever used

Indeed. I'm guessing I must have opened anywhere from 15-25 SC since I've played this game, probably even more. They're weighted to drop signals, then something like free xp etc etc and that's all I've got from them so I don't even open them with any level of excitement when I get them anymore. At this point I'd actually prefer the resources container I clicked for, not the crappy SC with signals. The drop weight for a ship so far as I am aware is almost lottery levels of unlikelihood and even at that I think it's also weighted so that when you do strike it lucky and win a ship, it's gonna be a lower tier shitter lol. 

• Cool 2

[BAD-F]
Players
84 posts
17,774 battles
14 minutes ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

Indeed. I'm guessing I must have opened anywhere from 15-25 SC since I've played this game, probably even more. They're weighted to drop signals, then something like free xp etc etc and that's all I've got from them so I don't even open them with any level of excitement when I get them anymore. At this point I'd actually prefer the resources container I clicked for, not the crappy SC with signals. The drop weight for a ship so far as I am aware is almost lottery levels of unlikelihood and even at that I think it's also weighted so that when you do strike it lucky and win a ship, it's gonna be a lower tier shitter lol. 

Same here, been playing since Beta and I've never gotten anything worth while from SC. The 10,000 free xp is also a disappointment when I can make twice as much from a single game with signals applied. Every time I get a SC instead of the Resources container I clicked on I say I wish I had just gotten the coal instead. The only players that I see getting rare ships from containers are new players because as far as wg are concerned all of us loyal long time players can eat a (you know what)

• Cool 1

Players
563 posts
3,540 battles
4 minutes ago, dforce105 said:

Same here, been playing since Beta and I've never gotten anything worth while from SC. The 10,000 free xp is also a disappointment when I can make twice as much from a single game with signals applied. Every time I get a SC instead of the Resources container I clicked on I say I wish I had just gotten the coal instead. The only players that I see getting rare ships from containers are new players because as far as wg are considered all of us loyal long time players can eat a (you know what)

Ya it's a classic business strat. They gamble that 90% or more of established players are hooked and can be treated like garbage and won't leave no matter what but that they need to butter up a new player to get him to stick around with some nice free stuff and non-typical generous treatment and battle scenarios. 

• Cool 2

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
669 posts
18,226 battles
2 hours ago, dforce105 said:

I just can't wait to get nothing but temporary camos and signals from the Supper Containers for the 23 tier X ship's that I have in port. Not like I would like any of rare but power crept ships that I've never gotten a single of in the 5 year's that I have been playing the game that they hand out like candy to new player's. No I definitely need more of those signals and temporary camos that I already have hundreds of if not thousands of. Yes that is what all of us long time players want, more temporary camos that we can use on our power crept tech tree ships that we never play anymore because premium ships are the only ships worth playing any more. Or maybe I'll get really lucky and get 10,000 Free Xp from Super Containers, it's not like I can make more than twice as much as that from a single game or anything. Or maybe I'll be really really lucky and get those tier 2 premiums that nobody plays or wants. Oh that would be just swell. 

my last SC was some detonation flags, I felt a right April Fool.  But I may spend some free exp as the 2milion exp ships don't excite me.

• Cool 2

[BAD-F]
Players
84 posts
17,774 battles
2 minutes ago, Peffers said:

my last SC was some detonation flags, I felt a right April Fool.  But I may spend some free exp as the 2milion exp ships don't excite me.

I'm not too interested in the 2 million free xp ships either, from what I've heard the updated spotting mechanics are going to be a huge nerf to Smaland and the Hayate isn't really worth getting. I might get the Agir though but I'm not earning free xp as quickly as I refuse to pay for premium anymore until all the bugs that have been introduced since update 9.2 have been fixed. The game most days lately is unplayable because of all the game freezing, not being able to see clan chat unless I spend 10 minutes in the armory for the spinning blue circle to disappear and the ghosting of sheels to name a few. There might be something else worth getting though by the time I have 1 million free xp

• Cool 1

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
669 posts
18,226 battles

why bother with the dockyard at all if you need to spend money to get the ship might as well buy it ??  

• Cool 2

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
669 posts
18,226 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

Thumbs down. As bad and disappointing a single super container might be as the "grand prize" of this sad effort of an anniversary, to discover that we need a tier 10 ship to actually get it is just straight up ignorant. What you devs think ALL the playerbase has or wants a tier 10 ship?? [edited] honestly. At least we'll be spared the disappointment of its heavily weighted contents outcome anyway.

in the words of the late great Jim Bowen......"look what you woodda won!"

• Funny 1

Players
264 posts
5,436 battles

This is a huge update even with Transformers themed camos and commanders! Did you guys hire Michael Bay to direct CGI explosions or what?

XQkxkao.gif?noredirect 

Anyways, Happy 5th anniversary!  

Players
83 posts

Congrats for the 5 years! 🎉🎂

Asymmetric battles are funny, would be nice to have this mode permanent instead of two weeks. 

[DSPA]
Beta Tester
290 posts

You can complete 18 out of 20 shipbuilding phases by accomplishing Directives. In order to complete the 19th and 20th phases, in addition to completing all the Directives, you'll need to purchase any two shipbuilding phases by spending doubloons.

LOL! F O  WG.

• Cool 4

[DAVY]
Players
2,805 posts
13,896 battles
5 hours ago, rage1750 said:

Forced for 15 days to stop collecting coal....  

Here have random lootbox with worse contents.

where does it say that? it says these containers will replace the daily shipments - you know the little bonus you get when you log in each day during an event, not the 3 containers you gain by gathering XP...

• Cool 2

[MUMMY]
Players
452 posts
9,653 battles
3 minutes ago, Salentine said:

where does it say that? it says these containers will replace the daily shipments - you know the little bonus you get when you log in each day during an event, not the 3 containers you gain by gathering XP...

You are right; I misread the announcement.  Thanks for clarifying.  

• Cool 2