Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
StBg17

What ship next?

32 comments in this topic

[SHAD]
Players
146 posts

I currently have all the T7 Tech Tree Light and Heavy Cruisers researched, I've played through the Surrey and have got the Albemarle, played through the Fiji and have the Edinburgh and through the Shchors to ge the Chapayev.

However what ship do I play through next to research the next ship in the line out of:

-Myoko to get Mogami

-New Orleans for the Baltimore

-Shchors for the Tallin

-Yorck for the Hipper

-Algerie for the Charles Martel

or -Zara for Amalfi

Don't need to go through the Battleships a they are all at T8 with the exception of the UK which is as IX Lion 

Also any advice on how to best play these ships, any tips, recommended Commander Skills (Shchors I'm ok with mostly as played through her once already) 

[LA_FR]
[LA_FR]
Players
159 posts
2,097 battles
Il y a 4 minutes, StBg17 a dit :

I currently have all the T7 Tech Tree Light and Heavy Cruisers researched, I've played through the Surrey and have got the Albemarle, played through the Fiji and have the Edinburgh and through the Shchors to ge the Chapayev.

However what ship do I play through next to research the next ship in the line out of:

-Myoko to get Mogami

-Shchors for the Tallin

-Yorck for the Hipper

or -Zara for Amalfi

Don't need to go through the Battleships a they are all at T8 with the exception of the UK which is as IX Lion 

Also any advice on how to best play these ships, any tips, recommended Commander Skills (Shchors I'm ok with mostly as played through her once already) 

You can farm steel and coal for get Moskva, Staligrad or others. I maybe say gring DD lines but it's hard to play DD because there a lot of CVs, Hyro, Radar and more. CV can be fun it's a really "other" game.

• Cool 1

Players
487 posts
25,152 battles

I do not know. All those T8 Ships are Good.

It depends what you like.

Maybe get the Talinn. It is a fun heavy Cruiser and the following Ships in the Line are also very strong.

But at the End you want to grind them all.

• Cool 2

[SHAD]
Players
146 posts
13 minutes ago, Az_Akagi said:

You can farm steel and coal for get Moskva, Staligrad or others. I maybe say gring DD lines but it's hard to play DD because there a lot of CVs, Hyro, Radar and more. CV can be fun it's a really "other" game.

I had researched her before the change so have her already :)

I'd love to play DD's, and I'll eventually go back to them and learn how to play them but I kinda just wanna focus on CL/CA and BBs for now DD will come later.

14 minutes ago, doerhoff_damian said:

I do not know. All those T8 Ships are Good.

It depends what you like.

Maybe get the Talinn. It is a fun heavy Cruiser and the following Ships in the Line are also very strong.

But at the End you want to grind them all.

Yeah I will eventually have them all, just stuck between which one I want next and which of the T7s before them are the more fun ones to the others :), I'm just hoping NO is more enjoyable then the PepsiCola. :)

[LA_FR]
[LA_FR]
Players
159 posts
2,097 battles
Il y a 2 minutes, StBg17 a dit :

I had researched her before the change so have her already :)

I'd love to play DD's, and I'll eventually go back to them and learn how to play them but I kinda just wanna focus on CL/CA and BBs for now DD will come later.

Yeah I will eventually have them all, just stuck between which one I want next and which of the T7s before them are the more fun ones to the others :), I'm just hoping NO is more enjoyable then the PepsiCola. :)

Ok no probleme ^^

[SHAFT]
Players
9,842 posts
8,985 battles

Algerie and NO arent the greatest, but Baltimore and CM are extremely powerful.

On the other hand, most T7 Cruisers are kinda meh these days thanks to MM.

Players
290 posts
6,958 battles

Personally, I'd go for Baltimore and Tallinn. Two very strong cruisers and from experience I can say that the Balti is a fun ship to play. Haven't played Tallinn yet, still sitting at Shchors

Players
287 posts
5,289 battles

What do you like?

For example, I love the French cruisers and even though the Algerie is meh, the Martel is a monster. On the other hand, I found the York ok, but the Hipper atrocious. The IJN and USN ships are fine, though nothing special to me. That's why I asked, what do you like?

[HEROS]
Beta Tester
159 posts
10,404 battles

Algerie isnt that bad much better than t6. Great almost 18km range with reload booster quite strong against all BBs. Propably my fave t7 cruiser (secound time i re-reseaech henry line). As you played lately schors they both play quite similar, setting fires at 13-16km range. Or just play for Tallin if you own another captain. Renember to get atleast one 19ptk skill captain in order to farm captain skill points, so finishing all limes like this wont be issue for you.

[XITAX]
Players
51 posts
4,473 battles
18 ore fa, StBg17 ha scritto:

-Myoko to get Mogami

-Shchors for the Tallin

-Yorck for the Hipper

or -Zara for Amalfi

Myoko is fun, Mogami is very good. 

Zara nice ship, Amalfi bit less.

Imho ofc

Players
2,087 posts
13,411 battles

Balti, CM, Ifhe 155 Mogami, Cleveland. Pick your poison. All are good in a different ways. 

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,840 posts
5,332 battles
3 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

Balti, CM, Ifhe 155 Mogami, Cleveland. Pick your poison. All are good in a different ways. 

Tbh Mogami is pretty good with the 203's too, and that way she doesn't need to sacrifice half her fire % :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

Players
2,087 posts
13,411 battles
14 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Tbh Mogami is pretty good with the 203's too, and that way she doesn't need to sacrifice half her fire % :Smile-_tongue:

True but then with 155 she has more rng chances per minute plus high dpm with good pen. I have now her as 155 with dedicated skipper but if I was going to move up her captain then 203s would be preferable probably. 

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,840 posts
5,332 battles
5 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

True but then with 155 she has more rng chances per minute plus high dpm with good pen. I have now her as 155 with dedicated skipper but if I was going to move up her captain then 203s would be preferable probably. 

This is considerably balanced out by the fact that she will not need her own specific skipper, and fits the IJN premium cruisers better than  a IFHE skipper ever would however.

EDIT: Also, presumably, good practice for Ibuki if you want to go that far..

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

A lot depends on if you’re considering getting premiums in the future, hipper is good but Eugen is better, Mogami is good but imho Atago is better, the only one I have that isn’t outclassed is Baltimore.  She is a great bote BUT needs to hug islands in addition Eugen and Atago are open water cruisers and Balt doesn’t have torps. I’d say Balti in your case but then you have another problem the next bote; Buffalo is widely considered inferior.  

Players
2,087 posts
13,411 battles
3 hours ago, lafeel said:

This is considerably balanced out by the fact that she will not need her own specific skipper, and fits the IJN premium cruisers better than  a IFHE skipper ever would however.

EDIT: Also, presumably, good practice for Ibuki if you want to go that far..

Ibuki? Never again. Even Zao nowadays is meh at best and rottens in port. 

OP go for USA radar heavy CA line as it is a line with a highest carry potential. Together with radar Mino. 

Most of silver T9s later are a bit challenged vs premium super cruisers and TX ships and often do not feel like an upgrade from T8 (except for the heal and last slot for upgrade) . Ibuki, Neptune, Buffalo, Donskoy, Seattle all can be frustrating to play but are good school. 

[SHAD]
Players
146 posts
On 8/31/2020 at 11:11 PM, DFens_666 said:

Algerie and NO arent the greatest, but Baltimore and CM are extremely powerful.

On the other hand, most T7 Cruisers are kinda meh these days thanks to MM.

I've heard that about them too being pretty fun, tbh T7 for me is still one of the more enjoyable tiers.

On 8/31/2020 at 11:17 PM, Dominik_Tirpitz said:

Personally, I'd go for Baltimore and Tallinn. Two very strong cruisers and from experience I can say that the Balti is a fun ship to play. Haven't played Tallinn yet, still sitting at Shchors

Noted :)

On 9/1/2020 at 5:53 AM, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

What do you like?

For example, I love the French cruisers and even though the Algerie is meh, the Martel is a monster. On the other hand, I found the York ok, but the Hipper atrocious. The IJN and USN ships are fine, though nothing special to me. That's why I asked, what do you like?

Tbh not really sure, I enjoyed the Surrey so similar to that, but I'm also enjoying Algerie and Shchors wasn't bad the first time I played through her.

On 9/1/2020 at 6:31 AM, rurkovsky said:

Algerie isnt that bad much better than t6. Great almost 18km range with reload booster quite strong against all BBs. Propably my fave t7 cruiser (secound time i re-reseaech henry line). As you played lately schors they both play quite similar, setting fires at 13-16km range. Or just play for Tallin if you own another captain. Renember to get atleast one 19ptk skill captain in order to farm captain skill points, so finishing all limes like this wont be issue for you.

Definite improvement of La Gali indeed

On 9/1/2020 at 5:34 PM, Spruss said:

Myoko is fun, Mogami is very good. 

Zara nice ship, Amalfi bit less.

Imho ofc

Heard that good to see others think the same, the SAP is making me dread it though doesn't it only gt good at T9?

21 hours ago, Ronchabale said:

Petropavlosk..

Eventually, I'm closer to the A. Nevsky having already played through Chapy and Donskoi to reshearch Moskva before she moved over so I could get her without using coal :)

18 hours ago, DariusJacek said:

All seem interesting defiantly high up on the list.

17 hours ago, MadBadDave said:

A lot depends on if you’re considering getting premiums in the future, hipper is good but Eugen is better, Mogami is good but imho Atago is better, the only one I have that isn’t outclassed is Baltimore.  She is a great bote BUT needs to hug islands in addition Eugen and Atago are open water cruisers and Balt doesn’t have torps. I’d say Balti in your case but then you have another problem the next bote; Buffalo is widely considered inferior.  

I already have a fair few prems, but if I pick one up due to being interested in it I'll only play it in Co-op until I reach its respective Tech Tree counterpart, as I few confident I'd be able to play them in randoms it just feels wrong to play them when I'm not yet at that tier in the line if that makes any sense. :) In fact I have quite a few premiums but still won't play them in randoms until I'm at that tier in the tree normally pick them up so I know I have them in case they go off sale, don't worry though I'm not the type to go into a random without the faintest idea how to play them, put them through a lot of testing in co-op first :)

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,840 posts
5,332 battles
3 minutes ago, StBg17 said:

Heard that good to see others think the same, the SAP is making me dread it though doesn't it only gt good at T9?

Amalfi can perform with SAP, also her AP is nothing to sneeze at either.

Players
2,087 posts
13,411 battles
18 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Amalfi can perform with SAP, also her AP is nothing to sneeze at either.

I really liked her, nicely improved over T7 which was the first one in this line that I enjoyed.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,840 posts
5,332 battles
4 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

I really liked her, nicely improved over T7 which was the first one in this line that I enjoyed.

So far I agree, although I haven't decided yet if I'll be keeping her like I did Zara.

Mind, me keeping Zara had as much to do with me loving the class in RL as anything to do with her performance in game.

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,530 battles

I have reasearched all these T8 cruisers but i slapped a perma camo only on Amalfi....i guess it's clear which i like best and intend to keep....after initially struggeling with how to play IT SAP cruisers in now love them. Also kept all of them from T5 up.

Mogami has the reputation but i had Atago already for a long time.....and in my opinion Atago gives me better results. Mogami is different enough to be candidate to keep though.

I do not have Talinn a long time yet. I read the topic "Talinn is supposed to be a beast" and that it has a German hull so i wanted to get it but i am not yet convinced of it qualities. I struggle with RU cruisers. No fan of the torpedoless US Cruisers either but i am getting the hang of shooting over obstacles with them. It's the first time i do that stuff, as i do hate camping. But these ships need to fire over obstacles....it's seems it is what they do.

They could very well be all good ships, but very different play style ships, even in the same class of ships. Not uncommon that at all ofc. Not all suit me, but i want to learn their ways so at least in theory i know how they are to be played. ( and countered )

Players
3,279 posts
19,066 battles
On 8/31/2020 at 11:40 PM, StBg17 said:

-Myoko to get Mogami

-Shchors for the Tallin

-Yorck for the Hipper

or -Zara for Amalfi

It depends on your playstyle. Do you like to be annoying in open water or do you want to play a bit closer to caps? Do you want to spam HE most of the time or do you want to be able to blap ships with AP?

I would go for cleveland or baltimore. Both are very powerfull and both can have huge impact due to radar.

Players
2,259 posts
20,648 battles

I don't really get your problem but what you really want is to get to Tier IX as quickly as possible since there are far, far fewer aircraft carriers than on any other tier.

I'd go so far as to even recommend using Free XP to skip Tier VIII as much as possible.

Sign in to follow this