You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST, changes to the commander skills system (DB 70)

200 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,559 posts
3,873 battles

In the near future, there will be а ST of the updated commander skills system. At the moment, we plan to update the skills in 0.9.11. We will conduct several stages of testing and will closely monitor your feedback.

Read more.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 8
  • Angry 2

[SHAD]
Players
2,590 posts
11,581 battles

Interesting, different skills for different classes is very nice for the special commanders.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
1,033 posts
11,887 battles

Please no. 

First of all, you are renaming skills unnecessarily. Skills that are in the game, with 0 changes. Let them keep their names. 

Second, the skill system was overhauled not too long ago, just leave it alone for a while now. Going over 150 commaders again doesnt seem like a fun thing to do

• Cool 11

[SHAD]
Players
2,590 posts
11,581 battles

Death of German secondary build as the secondary skill decrease dispersion by 35% rather than 60%.

Very sad.

My siegfried secondary build will be killed as it's a cruiser.

Some interesting things but I foresee so many problems.

EDIT:

Secondaries will have worse dispersion but will fire at even unselected targets. They suggest the majority of battleships will have increased secondary range.

Also, ability to go full secondary with (new)IFHE, concealment expert and fire prevention.....

I'll take a 15km secondary GK please!

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2

[PNAVY]
Players
1,209 posts
40,436 battles

Interesting change IMO and most importantly we finally get 21 point captains!

[SHAD]
Players
2,590 posts
11,581 battles

Will supercruisers be able to use the battleship skills? 

• Cool 2

[CKBK]
Players
425 posts
24,293 battles

there is a lot of skill and possibilities to discover especially the AA skills, hopefully, we get the free reset and some time to test them all

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
34 posts
1,079 battles

Will the time/XP requirements to train captains up to that high level be reduced to make it easier for those who don't want to spend lots of money?

And how about keeping secondary ships as they are, otherwise my German BBs will be a lot less fun, so please don't nerf manual secs.

Edit:

PLEASE DO NOT nerf concealment expert as you have, the current system is good enough.

Edited by Hms_Artful
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
26,793 posts
14,383 battles

+ different trees for different classes

+ captains can be used on premium ships of different classes

- 21 skill points increase the gap between new and veteran players

- retraining for silver gets removed

- secondaries seem to get weaker

- conditional skills, which usefullness cannot be judged

- skill decriptions using negations; better to give descriptions with positive conditions that are easy to understand

• Cool 12

Players
417 posts
3,680 battles
Vor 5 Minuten, OM40 sagte:

there is a lot of skill and possibilities to discover specially the AA skills, hopefully we get the free reset and some time to test them all

image.thumb.png.6f3fb5d99bfa5e1c700bd54224fe08f4.png

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,199 posts
9,251 battles

image.thumb.png.1437441028df17c38cea8ed507944f3b.png

Can I ask you what the hell are you thinking? Litteral sniping buffs? Other than that, it's a good idea to diversify captain skills because now you can have an aditional option for balancing ships without actually changing the ships themselves. Seriously though...stop changing the names of skills that aren't actually changed. From RPF to RL to IRT? C'mon

23 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Where is "Incoming Fire Alert""... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

Argus eyed (tier 2)

• Cool 7

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
34 posts
1,079 battles
17 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Can I ask you what the hell are you thinking? Litteral sniping buffs?

Well, every Slava will want that. More sniping from long range, worse sec skills, German BBs are doomed, unless if the range buff is good enough and the selected is the priority target.

(unless this doesn't make it in, so there is hope yet).

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,446 posts
15,748 battles

Hi all,

2 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Argus eyed (tier 2)

Nope... that is not it... the new "Argus Eyed" in "Tier II" replaces current  "Priority Target" from "Tier I" and the "Incoming Fire Alert" from current "Tier I" is completely missing...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,199 posts
9,251 battles
3 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Nope... that is not it... the new "Argus Eyed" in "Tier II" replaces current  "Priority Target" from "Tier I" and the "Incoming Fire Alert" from current "Tier I" is completely missing...

Leo "Apollo11"

Sorry my bad....it's "alarming" at tier 1. It's only for cruisers though

[CATS]
Players
26,793 posts
14,383 battles
6 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Can I ask you what the hell are you thinking? Litteral sniping buffs?

Yeah, I have to agree.

That is bad for future BB behaviour.

• Cool 2

[FAILS]
Players
535 posts
19,676 battles

After a first overview: Overall, I like that you get a lot more possibilities to diversify you playstyle and am in favour of this new system. Some skills will have to be worked at, I am sure. What caught my eye, in a negative sense, was the one skill that gives a 10% bonus when your BB is out of spotting range of any enemy ship. We surely need more border-hugging snipers.

So, with some (or a lot) or balancing work, this change could be very nice.

[KOKOS]
Players
39 posts
7,803 battles

Cruisers: no more AFT,  BFT now only works in secondary range , Demo Expert nerfed to 1% fire-chance.

Did you guys really need to nerf Atlanta and Flint even more?

At this point they have become a bad joke.

• Cool 4

[OM]
Players
352 posts
11,914 battles

I dont mind a rework. But flat buffs to damage... Also kinda curious if 19 Points will be 21 Points Captains or if we need to collect more XP on those to reach 21 Points. 

• Cool 5

[DAVY]
Players
2,793 posts
13,894 battles

does that mean that the special commanders will get a rework/skills changed too??

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,026 posts
30 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

most importantly we finally get 21 point captains!

imho this is the worst about the rework...the amount of XP needed to get from 19 to 21 will be huge, "encouraging" to use free xp (=conversion with doubloons) to get a proper captain...

• Cool 6

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
34 posts
1,079 battles
Just now, Klopirat said:

imho this is the worst about the rework...the amount of XP needed to get from 19 to 21 will be huge, "encouraging" to use free xp (=conversion with doubloons) to get a proper captain...

which means more £££ for WG. Hopefully, it will be easier overall to grind to it.

[BATES]
Players
715 posts
10,471 battles

Why nerfing secondary build for bbs? One of the few fun parts of the game..

• Cool 5

Players
282 posts
1 minute ago, BruceRKF said:

What caught my eye, in a negative sense, was the one skill that gives a 10% bonus when your BB is out of spotting range of any enemy ship.

Its poorly worded, it only works when there are no visible (detected) ships within your ship base detection range so lets take Yamato, 18 km detection range meaning anything you detect that is closer that 18 km denies that bonus, Kreml is 17.04 km and the current Tier X sniper, 16.74 km ... Thunderer wins on this because 15.66 km.

I dont like the skill based on the fact its a "situational" skill, I would have to keep targets I spotted outside my ship detection range and that is not easy to do, all it needs is some cruiser going around inside that range and its nullified, Thunderer is the winner on this because its low detection range but Kreml for example only have 3-5 km? to work with. And the Snipers pretty much dont really need it.