Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
courage_gunner

unfair 2 lvl between ships

28 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
1,948 battles

you have no chance against a ship with 2 levels above. I understand and it seems correct 1 lvl between ships but 2 is a waste of time ...

• Boring 2

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts
6 minutes ago, courage_gunner said:

you have no chance against a ship with 2 levels above. I understand and it seems correct 1 lvl between ships but 2 is a waste of time ...

I’ve been saying +/- 1 since Pontius was a pilot, NOTHING is going to change, get used to it, this thread will be closed by a mod because of the dedicated MM thread.

BTW just because the ship’s Two tiers higher it doesn’t mean the player is 😉.

• Cool 1

Players
334 posts
5,562 battles

To simplify it. No. You do have a chance, but you have to adapt your playstyle. This topic got discussed far more often than it should, another one of this thread won't do anything. 

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,870 posts
12,329 battles

The idea is that if you are bottom tier you play as a support ship rather than a front line one.   Your own teams top tiers should be taking on the enemy top tier ships.   That's the theory, anyway.

Sometimes as the bottom tier ship life does suck.  I recall being in a Colorado in a random game and spawning on the flank by myself.  I started to sail across the map and didn't even make it half-way as there were 4 or 5 enemy ships spawned on the same flank including the ships 2 tiers above me.  Needless to say I did not have a great deal of fun in that game.

• Cool 2

Players
502 posts
1,592 battles

You get more reward for damaging/sinking higher tier ships.

Plus it's funny when you sink a ship 2 tiers higher which never saw you..........

:cap_popcorn:

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
26,719 posts
14,317 battles
10 minutes ago, courage_gunner said:

But you do...

Players
480 posts
25,121 battles

When you are low Tier play as a Supporter.

Do not attack the Top Tier Ships directly in a 1 vs 1.

Instead follow a Teammate and help him in his fight

The Matchmaking has been improved over the Years and I am hoping that we get a plus/minus 1 Matchmaking also at Higher Tiers.

That would also make the Balancing easier, because you would not need to worry about Low Tier Ships needing to defend themselfs or do Damage to Ships 2 Tiers Higher.

This would be especially usefull in the balancing of CVs.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,553 posts
13,855 battles
8 minutes ago, courage_gunner said:

you have no chance against a ship with 2 levels above.

Only if you are still within your first dozen or so battles.

WOWS has many faults but the power differential between tiers isn't one of them (play WOT if you really want a reality check on this front); with a bit of applied intelligence and modification of play style, you can generally usefully contribute more or less regardless of relative tiers.

This is your problem, not the relative strengths of the ships across tiers:

image.thumb.png.8496668283c81b113c2d90eae8aea85a.png

(You need to drop down a few tiers and build up the necessary skill-set)

• Cool 5

[YOBOY]
Players
1,062 posts
9,605 battles
19 minutes ago, courage_gunner said:

Enjoy WG fun & engagingtm Matchmakingtm !

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
4,479 posts
7,604 battles

Asymetric battles are coming to the game on Wednesday T5 v T8, worked quite well on the PT server except when you got 2 x T8 CV.

Sadly I expect 2 x T8 CV to become the norm (unless WG are capping them at 1).

[-LA-]
Players
678 posts
5,085 battles

its very different by class and ship , for most its possible , but your having a lot less fun if you the one being used as an xp pinata. 

id love to see it go to +1/-1 if only for tX that tier has bloated and spread to now easily be wider than 2 normal tiers. 

[NECRO]
Players
519 posts
7 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Asymetric battles are coming to the game on Wednesday T5 v T8

*Fueling up the Okhotnik*

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
5,553 posts
13,855 battles
1 minute ago, PeteEarthling said:

*Fueling up the Okhotnik*

I was thinking slightly unworthy thoughts about the Kami/Fujin, but then I am a bad person...

[NECRO]
Players
519 posts
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

I was thinking slightly unworthy thoughts about the Kami/Fujin, but then I am a bad person...

I hope we are talking about a coop compatible mode? Else I give it a pass.

[MAS-X]
Players
383 posts
9,154 battles
1 hour ago, courage_gunner said:

you have no chance against a ship with 2 levels above.

This also depends on the ship you are playing.

I did much better against tier X ships on the Bismarck than the der grobe, even if i fully upgraded it, and is supposed to be one tier higher.

[CATS]
Players
26,719 posts
14,317 battles
1 hour ago, courage_gunner said:

Spoiler

38993_619_1546723797.jpg

Players
2 posts
1,948 battles

you will swear  me but I like to play with CV, I have  parseval but when I play with tier x I have no chance to approach any ship. and I know i must  attack ships with tier 8 but you don't always have that chance. and the RNG is  @ #! $! @ $ .in 8 games 5 are with tier x

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,553 posts
13,855 battles
1 hour ago, PeteEarthling said:

I hope we are talking about a coop compatible mode? Else I give it a pass.

I believe the upcoming asymmetric mode is PvP...

[CATS]
Players
26,719 posts
14,317 battles
37 minutes ago, courage_gunner said:

you will swear  me but I like to play with CV, I have  parseval but when I play with tier x I have no chance to approach any ship. and I know i must  attack ships with tier 8 but you don't always have that chance. and the RNG is  @ #! $! @ $ .in 8 games 5 are with tier x

No need to swear, because it is obvious. Especially in a CV, that can CHOOSE its engagements...

[SM0KE]
Players
5,553 posts
13,855 battles
30 minutes ago, courage_gunner said:

I imagine the proper CV players will be along shortly to explain why you're doing it wrong, although speaking as a DD main I'm a huge fan of opposing CVs that focus on doing damage, because it means they aren't doing their job i.e. spotting me, and making my life miserable as a result.

My point earlier still stands, only perhaps more so: at time of writing, you have fewer than 200 games in CVs (in Randoms), and of those only 7 are at T4 and 39 at T6; your most played ship is Kaga (125 games). That isn't nearly enough to have mastered CVs, especially given that how they work is unlike all the other ship types; also, besides lacking the skill-set, you probably don't have a good enough captain for at least some of these ships either, which will be gimping you further.

I would suggest going back to T4 for a bit (sorry, newbies in all the surface ships) and starting from first principles with the IJN line; after that, practice with the T6 a lot and only then return to T8. The IJN line also has the merit of you having Kaga available as a captain trainer.

WOWS is not like a typical shooter; you can't just go at it with good reflexes and hope to do well - if you don't take the time to learn and practice, you'll consistently get your posterior handed to you, and this has very little to do with relative tiers....

• Cool 2

[NECRO]
Players
519 posts
14 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I believe the upcoming asymmetric mode is PvP...

Ah, not interested then. "Normal" PvP is assymetric enough already.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,487 battles

Just take a detailed look at this ( comparison on BB salvo weight by WG )  and say what you did again.....https://youtu.be/fIzqTVJzCN0?t=33

Note that after a few Tier IX BB's  there is actually a tier VI BB !!

You get new respect for the tier V Texas as well....and the French BB in general. Very notable is the Tier VI Bayern beating the tier VIII Bismarck (!) in salvo weight.....

Close range even Cruisers can penetrate tier X BB armour. So low(er) tier BB can too....

And besides that damaging higher tiers racks up a lot more XP and credits......score wise you are worse off shooting at lower tiers, and for that matter at BB.

[LEAKS]
Players
226 posts
9,382 battles

Why are there so many threads dealing with the concept of "fair"?  Why does everything have to be fair?  Difficult is a good concept.  On this basis every Sherman Tank crew would have had to complain of a lack of fairness in WWII as they frequently encountered Panther and Tiger tanks.  I don't think it's fair that DDs can launch so many torpedoes in one salvo but what would be the point of complaining that it wasn't fair! Fairness and balance are the antithesis of warfare.  There's barely a human combatitive activity where anyone can guarantee fairness and those involved don't expect it, except here in WoW!  If you don't like unfairness, play chess.:Smile_hiding:

[LEEUW]
Players
2,321 posts
10,110 battles
11 minutes ago, Tatsfield said:

Why are there so many threads dealing with the concept of "fair"?  Why does everything have to be fair?  Difficult is a good concept.  On this basis every Sherman Tank crew would have had to complain of a lack of fairness in WWII as they frequently encountered Panther and Tiger tanks.  I don't think it's fair that DDs can launch so many torpedoes in one salvo but what would be the point of complaining that it wasn't fair! Fairness and balance are the antithesis of warfare.  There's barely a human combatitive activity where anyone can guarantee fairness and those involved don't expect it, except here in WoW!  If you don't like unfairness, play chess.:Smile_hiding:

Because most players are really bad at the game so they perceive a lot of game components as unfair, while in reality its just lack of experience and knowledge.

F.e. MM, MM being +/-2 tiers, overmatch mechanics, HE spam, detection of ships, etc.etc.

You will see daily or weekly threads being opened about these topics combined with the word "unfair" and you can almost guarantee it is not a very good player writing it.