m2210

Hybrid secondary build for german battleships?

32 comments in this topic

Players
9 posts
383 battles

Just need a bit of advice, I am planning to get the großer kurfurst, and need help on the captain skills, for me I will take: priority target, preventative maintenence, adren rush, basics of survivability, manual sec, fire prevention and aft, for mods I plan on taking axam 1, dcm 1 and 2, sbm 1 and concealment, and the axam 3, so, is this a good choice, because I traded bft for help against fires, so if I run it like this I will get 33 second fire or smthing like that and fp to further help me survive, so, do you guys think it is a good choice? I am on Gneisenau right now, this is what I plan for my future gk. Pls if anyone has anything that they would change in this build tell me. Thanks!

[SM0KE]
Players
5,540 posts
13,828 battles
2 hours ago, m2210 said:

Just need a bit of advice

Full disclosure: I'm a DD main, so most of my experience comes from sinking BBs, rather than playing them; however, the KM BB line is the only one that I've played all the way to T10 (so far) as I rather enjoy them. So, in that context:

• So far, you've only played German ships, and almost all of them have been BBs; you'll do a lot better if you a) diversify both class and nation, and b) don't focus too hard on the high tiers; the journey up the various trees is at least as important as the destination, so don't rush (Gneis after 144 battles - at time of writing - is way too fast).
  • As to captain builds, you basically face a bit of a dilemma with the Germans: on the one hand, a tank/survival build is optimal if you want to win games, whilst on the other, more 'manly' builds are generally - IMO - a lot more fun.
  • At this stage, the sensible approach is to go pure tank/survival; build the 'fun' captains later in your WOWS career when you have the spare captains/xp, and - most importantly - the skill to not get your posterior handed to you (manly play is harder as you have to be better at situational awareness and timing, plus you're less likely to survive if you mess up).

So, a tank build captain might look like this:

image.thumb.png.d723a57470f11f3e9d7c0644f293c782.png

That's not to say this is 'right' (many players would want BoS, for example), but rather the sort of thing one should be thinking about. FWIW this is my 'sensible' high tier IJN BB captain.

What I run on my manly ships looks more like this:

image.thumb.png.a4d3d7596481a737573912f65d870f4a.png

I think of this as 'semi-manly' because I wimped out and took FP over ManSec (although really meant for Coop, this captain needs to not be entirely disastrous against real people too). This is my Currywurst captain, but I used the same build from T7 upwards (and on my manly US BBs too). To reiterate though: this build is fun, but not even remotely optimal.

In summary, if you want to win, go 'tank'; if you want to have fun, go 'manly'. As a newbie, I would advise the former, at least whilst you're developing your skill-set.

BTW you might find this site of use when thinking about captains: http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,788 battles
6 hours ago, m2210 said:

Just need a bit of advice, I am planning to get the großer kurfurst, and need help on the captain skills, for me I will take: priority target, preventative maintenence, adren rush, basics of survivability, manual sec, fire prevention and aft, for mods I plan on taking axam 1, dcm 1 and 2, sbm 1 and concealment, and the axam 3, so, is this a good choice, because I traded bft for help against fires, so if I run it like this I will get 33 second fire or smthing like that and fp to further help me survive, so, do you guys think it is a good choice? I am on Gneisenau right now, this is what I plan for my future gk. Pls if anyone has anything that they would change in this build tell me. Thanks!

So I take that this is the build you're going for ? I see you put some good thought into this, there's some things I'd like to remark on though.

The one thing I would definitely change is trading Auxiliary Armaments Mod. 2 for Main Battery Mod. 3.

Your secondaries are situational and you'll need time as well as an opportunity to get into range without being melted hard and you won't be able to find an opportunity to push in in every game.

Your main battery on the other hand will almost always have something in range and deal consistent damage (or as consistent as German dispersion gets ^^) and usually out-perform your secondaries big-time.

The other two things I'd do differently are more optional:

You plan to protect your main battery from breaking by using PM to buff the survivability of your secondaries, which is a valid choice by any means.

My preference would be to sink that skill-point into Expert Loader so be able to quick-switch to HE when needed. (e.g. a DD gets spotted at medium range or is spotted preparing to rush me, can't have too much damage in those situations) and keep the main battery online using Main Battery Mod. 1.

The second thing is picking BoS over SI. Both are perfectly valid choice, I do like the extra sustain SI affords over longer games but that needs managing the damage you take more.
Another alternative would be to forgo BoS and pick EL and either High Alert or Jack of all Trades for faster reload on the heal.

3 hours ago, Verblonde said:

I think of this as 'semi-manly' because I wimped out and took FP over ManSec (although really meant for Coop, this captain needs to not be entirely disastrous against real people too).

I don't think that's a good choice tbh. Manual secondaries is imo what turns them from "gunners on a cold turkey" to "accurate enough for actual use".

May I suggest switching BFT and EM for Manual Firecontrol and a suitable 1-point skill ?

That way you can keep FP and not loose any tankyness while the GKs stock turret travers is in my eyes easily "good enough" even when mounting Main Battery Mod 3.

• Cool 1

Players
9 posts
383 battles

thanks guys for the help, but what about swapping bos for si, because i find that i usually die when i run out of heals and get set on a triple fire while dcp is cooling down because honestly just a 6 second difference with or eithout bos so..si i gues

Players
9 posts
383 battles

I honestly feel like SI seems a good choice, thanks, but I wonder, how many times do you get set on fire in the gk per match? Because I see a lot of community contributors play almost without any fire protection, and they still can get extremely good games, like there is one who spent 0 points in fire protection, and he runs steering mod 1 instead of dc mod! how though? won't you burn up completely?

Players
9 posts
383 battles

And something else that made me worried was that I fought a georgia yesterday and my shells kept ricocheting on him even fully broadside, 380 mm of the gneis, weird, well eventually i did kill him, but this is making me worried about penetration values, also, fires are just extremely nasty, is there a way to avoid them? Also, is fire prevention as good as it seems, because I managed to use the weird logic into something else, so, fire prevention reduces the superstructure fires from 2 to 1, basically combining the 2 middle zones, into a LARGER zone that any hits in that secton will set you on fire, so because people can avoid fires because rng is rolled twice, as in there are two small zones that the fire chance is distributed to less impact as to one large zone that any hits will set, idk honestly. Sounds like fire prevention isnt that good, any ideas?

[FAILS]
Players
532 posts
19,620 battles
1 hour ago, m2210 said:

And something else that made me worried was that I fought a georgia yesterday and my shells kept ricocheting on him even fully broadside, 380 mm of the gneis, weird, well eventually i did kill him, but this is making me worried about penetration values, also, fires are just extremely nasty, is there a way to avoid them? Also, is fire prevention as good as it seems, because I managed to use the weird logic into something else, so, fire prevention reduces the superstructure fires from 2 to 1, basically combining the 2 middle zones, into a LARGER zone that any hits in that secton will set you on fire, so because people can avoid fires because rng is rolled twice, as in there are two small zones that the fire chance is distributed to less impact as to one large zone that any hits will set, idk honestly. Sounds like fire prevention isnt that good, any ideas?

Fire Prevention is not so much about the reduced fire chance. Most people will aim at/near the centre of mass or the superstructure, since it is the most easy to hit. So will get set on fire eventually anway. What is important is that you only get the one fire. It might well be that you worries have some merit (I don't know how the fire chance is calculated with the middle zone and fire prevention vs two smaller zones, but it should not make much of a difference). In the end, only having one fire spot in the centre on a huge target like GK is still more useful, even if it is easier to set that one fire. You always have to assume to get set on fire anway when shot at by HE.

I am going for PM, PT, AR, SI, AFT, FP and Manual Secondaries on GK (same build as my Gneisenau, btw).

Players
544 posts
Vor 20 Stunden, m2210 sagte:

Hello

Is it your second account, because this is the only way to explain these many mistakes that a beginner can make?
You have a goal and don't dwell on “trivialities”, because you can and want to bring the experience you have gained to the second account!

(I also chose the German tree for my 2nd. But I use all ship types equally)

You storm forward without looking around every now and then.

That is quite possible, but rather harmful for continuous further development!

You haven't even completed your “puppy protection time” of 200 battles.
It is a closed season in which the basic game mechanics can and should be learned, practiced and tried out.
You also get a certain basic experience on which it can be further built.

In general, I think it's good and useful if you learn the basics of WoWs in ONLY one nation.
Just sailing a battleship is counterproductive.
But that also includes destroyers and cruisers. Because they will also be your opponents.
And you should already know your opponents.

At the moment you are driving a Geisenau. You surely bought a 10 for 1500 Dub !!
Planning for TX now is a bit premature.

I will also drive a Gneisenau in about 100-150 battles.
This is how it looks with me:

666077753_G1.thumb.png.4fbed970318c4e502c011348b478d3f8.png

With a 19 it would look like this.  .....................................https://wowsft.com/ship

1865972511_G2.png.402dec1b2acfb7a613884cd6c09e5279.png

Even if I have trained them on secondary, it is questionable whether it is worthwhile with the short range of approx. 8 km.

But air defense is also being significantly strengthened.

Even if you have upgraded a ship well, that does not automatically mean that you are guaranteed to be very successful with it later!
Only through continued practice can one gain experience.
My recommendation to you: play the Gneisenau a little longer and try out different things.
These acquired experiences will be very helpful to you later.

(Or is a WinRate of around 40 enough for you? For the future)

Kind regards

(Made with google translator)

Players
8,162 posts
9,017 battles
21 hours ago, Verblonde said:

What I run on my manly ships looks more like this:

image.thumb.png.a4d3d7596481a737573912f65d870f4a.png

I think of this as 'semi-manly' because I wimped out and took FP over ManSec (although really meant for Coop, this captain needs to not be entirely disastrous against real people too). This is my Currywurst captain, but I used the same build from T7 upwards (and on my manly US BBs too). To reiterate though: this build is fun, but not even remotely optimal.

In summary, if you want to win, go 'tank'; if you want to have fun, go 'manly'. As a newbie, I would advise the former, at least whilst you're developing your skill-set.

BTW you might find this site of use when thinking about captains: http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc

Would never go AFT over ManSec. Having accurate guns at a bit under 10 km and lower range is better than having fireworks at 11.6 km. I do not get the logic of people who build extra range when they do not invest in the accuracy that would be required to make it actually in any way useful at those ranges.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,540 posts
13,828 battles
1 hour ago, HaachamaShipping said:

Would never go AFT over ManSec. Having accurate guns at a bit under 10 km and lower range is better than having fireworks at 11.6 km. I do not get the logic of people who build extra range when they do not invest in the accuracy that would be required to make it actually in any way useful at those ranges.

I do it for a couple of reasons:

• Most importantly, I'm a bit dopey in BBs, so having the secondaries go off automatically can be a useful alarm that I didn't notice something sneaking up on me (tunnel-vision resistance, essentially).
  • Man Sec only shoot at a single target, in a single direction; without it, your secondaries shoot at more or less everything in range, and do it automatically (with slightly increased efficiency if you ctrl-click on something).
  • It's fun.
  • As a very minor factor, it gives a boost to AA, but I wouldn't take it for that alone.

I have tried Man Sec in the past (and will do again, when I have a good enough captain spare and/or we get a free reset), but found the overall effect less satisfactory for me.

FWIW if Man Sec did what it does currently at the selected target, but also did the automatic thing a) when you haven't selected a target and b) when some guns can't shoot at the selected target, I'd take it like a shot...

[SM0KE]
Players
5,540 posts
13,828 battles
2 hours ago, HaachamaShipping said:

ManSec.

Heh - from the proposed new skills thing:

image.thumb.png.2b2d7e7d8ca0f2936e0c2b2dee82622b.png

Looks like all my manly ships will definitely be getting Man Sec now....

Players
8,162 posts
9,017 battles
47 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I do it for a couple of reasons:

• Most importantly, I'm a bit dopey in BBs, so having the secondaries go off automatically can be a useful alarm that I didn't notice something sneaking up on me (tunnel-vision resistance, essentially).
  • Man Sec only shoot at a single target, in a single direction; without it, your secondaries shoot at more or less everything in range, and do it automatically (with slightly increased efficiency if you ctrl-click on something).
  • It's fun.
  • As a very minor factor, it gives a boost to AA, but I wouldn't take it for that alone.
  • Situational awareness?
  • designating a target without skill does nothing to increase effectiveness. This isn't pre-rework AA. And if you got ships in range at different angles where it matters, your positioning is questionable.
  • for you
  • lol
18 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

only 35% increase now though. It's something, but pretty damn terrible. Honestly, the range increase imo now seems much more vital, because it goes together with Straight-A Artillerist to get a main battery reload buff within sec range. 

[SM0KE]
Players
5,540 posts
13,828 battles
19 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:
  • Situational awareness?
  • designating a target without skill does nothing to increase effectiveness. This isn't pre-rework AA. And if you got ships in range at different angles where it matters, your positioning is questionable.
  • for you
  • lol

My 'body memory' and reactions are all tuned for DDs; I don't play BBs enough to get sharp enough situational awareness.

As I think I said earlier, my semi-manly builds are mainly designed for fun in Coop; they are merely 'not entirely disastrous' for PvP, and if I ever needed to take the latter extremely seriously, I'd take a tank captain.

Of course; why would I build a captain for anyone else's enjoyment?

Quite.

This'll all become entirely moot soon though....

Players
8,162 posts
9,017 battles
45 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

My 'body memory' and reactions are all tuned for DDs; I don't play BBs enough to get sharp enough situational awareness.

I would think that having an idea of who could be where is even more important for a DD.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,540 posts
13,828 battles
6 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:

I would think that having an idea of who could be where is even more important for a DD.

It is, but the whole how quickly I need to react, and in what ways is different and I struggle to not think like a DD, so need all the help I can get in a fatty.

I should - at some point - take the time the learn to BB properly, but lack the motivation...

Players
9 posts
383 battles
21 hours ago, phambili said:

Hello

Is it your second account, because this is the only way to explain these many mistakes that a beginner can make?
You have a goal and don't dwell on “trivialities”, because you can and want to bring the experience you have gained to the second account!

(I also chose the German tree for my 2nd. But I use all ship types equally)

You storm forward without looking around every now and then.

That is quite possible, but rather harmful for continuous further development!

You haven't even completed your “puppy protection time” of 200 battles.
It is a closed season in which the basic game mechanics can and should be learned, practiced and tried out.
You also get a certain basic experience on which it can be further built.

In general, I think it's good and useful if you learn the basics of WoWs in ONLY one nation.
Just sailing a battleship is counterproductive.
But that also includes destroyers and cruisers. Because they will also be your opponents.
And you should already know your opponents.

At the moment you are driving a Geisenau. You surely bought a 10 for 1500 Dub !!
Planning for TX now is a bit premature.

I will also drive a Gneisenau in about 100-150 battles.
This is how it looks with me:

666077753_G1.thumb.png.4fbed970318c4e502c011348b478d3f8.png

With a 19 it would look like this.  .....................................https://wowsft.com/ship

1865972511_G2.png.402dec1b2acfb7a613884cd6c09e5279.png

Even if I have trained them on secondary, it is questionable whether it is worthwhile with the short range of approx. 8 km.

But air defense is also being significantly strengthened.

Even if you have upgraded a ship well, that does not automatically mean that you are guaranteed to be very successful with it later!
Only through continued practice can one gain experience.
My recommendation to you: play the Gneisenau a little longer and try out different things.
These acquired experiences will be very helpful to you later.

(Or is a WinRate of around 40 enough for you? For the future)

Kind regards

i didnt buy any captain, or spend any doubloons, i currently have 500 only, and i have learned quite a lot of mechanics, also, this is my primary account, i dont have any secondary, i am generally successful with my gneis for the last few matches, with one getting 82 k, i understand all the in game mechanics, i have learned them all BEFORE starting to play the game, now, my winrate is not exactly good, nor is my average, this is due to the fact that i have just gotten used to the gneisenau, and because teamwork is slightly poor in this game, if i push or bow tank, all my destroyers and cruiser allies sit behind me waiting to steal and low hp ship for themselves, that certainly is not a good thing, because german long range accuracy is poor and i cant afford to camp beyond 10km, and once below 10 km, my team refuses to follow me, so i usually reverse to kite the enemy team to follow me, my most dangerous enemies are fires and torpedoes and planes. because being set on fire every salvo is quite painful, since the cruisers are camping at 17km and nuking me with HE. any ideas on how to play better?

Players
544 posts
Vor 2 Stunden, m2210 sagte:

didnt buy any captain, or spend any doubloons, i currently have 500 only, and i have learned quite a lot of mechanics, also, this is my primary account, i dont have any secondary, i am generally successful with my gneis for the last few matches, with one getting 82 k, i understand all the in game mechanics, i have learned them all BEFORE starting to play the game

Hello                                                                                                            .....(Made with google translator) ...............

This point with the 2nd account had to be clarified, because this would be a possibility for the "mixed successes".

Even if you have memorized all the "game mechanics" (about which there are legitimate doubts), it does not automatically mean that you can use them in a situation-conscious manner!

None of you asks that you have the experience of an "old hand" with so few battles. And that you once had 1 (one!) Battle with 82k is certainly not an acceptable comparison of your performance.

Proverb: A swallow doesn't make a summer!

now, my winrate is not exactly good, nor is my average, this is due to the fact that i have just gotten used to the gneisenau, and because teamwork is slightly poor in this game, if i push or bow tank, all my destroyers and cruiser allies sit behind me waiting to steal and low hp ship for themselves, that certainly is not a good thing, because german long range accuracy is poor and i cant afford to camp beyond 10km, and once below 10 km,

To see the WinRat as a characteristic of the performance of a player is complete nonsense!

It only says how many battles you have won or lost!
And that from T1 to T10 in a random battle.

It would only make sense if all players were only sailing the same ship !!

Teamwork:

You scold your team because, in your opinion, they are not playing the way you think they should be!

A team consists of 12 players! Ever got the idea that you are the outsider who doesn't want to fit into the team, who just wants to get his way.

I am well aware that 12 individualists are further away from a team than the sons are from earth!

There is only one real team in the game, namely the bot's in Co-oP!

my most dangerous enemies are fires and torpedoes and planes. because being set on fire every salvo is quite painful, since the cruisers are camping at 17km and nuking me with HE. 

Your greatest enemy at the moment is your excessive ambition due to lack of experience !!

You already want success that others have achieved with hard-earned experience in 5,000, 10,000 or 20,000 battles!

At the moment they are not even able to fully exploit the potential of the "Gneisenau" and are already planning their escape to the "Great Elector".

The few skirmishes with the "Gneisenau" and the successes achieved leave me with doubts that you have even remotely understood the game mechanics and all of the "trappings" and are able to implement them!

On this page you can learn almost everything, at least theoretically, that is relevant to WoWs!  https://wiki.wargaming.net/de/World_of_Warships

any ideas on how to play better?

Even if you don't want to hear it, I like to repeat myself!

Learn how to handle the "Gneisenau".

Your most dangerous enemy at the moment is your lack of experience on / with the ship.
And this includes not only the pure game mechanics "like steering and shooting! Also, understanding of combat maps and your positioning of the Gneisenau on it, depending on the existing situation, the selection of the possible targets, reading the MiniMap, his opponent in general ( Armor, weak points, strengths, consumables, economy and a lot more).

Actually, you already know all this, it is all the more astonishing that the WR (only for the Gneisenau) turns out to be more modest.

In my opinion, it would make sense that you set yourself a goal. For example to increase the WR of the Gneisenau to 55% and to keep it and not only about 10-20 battles!

Then you are ready to "board" the next ship.

The experience gained on the Gneisenau can then be used on the next ship and new experience is added!

I generally don't care whether you take my advice and tips to heart or implement them!

"Anvil or Hammer" ?! The choice is yours what you will be in the future!

Kind regards

Players
9 posts
383 battles
7 hours ago, phambili said:

Hello                                                                                                            .....(Made with google translator) ...............

This point with the 2nd account had to be clarified, because this would be a possibility for the "mixed successes".

Even if you have memorized all the "game mechanics" (about which there are legitimate doubts), it does not automatically mean that you can use them in a situation-conscious manner!

None of you asks that you have the experience of an "old hand" with so few battles. And that you once had 1 (one!) Battle with 82k is certainly not an acceptable comparison of your performance.

Proverb: A swallow doesn't make a summer!

To see the WinRat as a characteristic of the performance of a player is complete nonsense!

It only says how many battles you have won or lost!
And that from T1 to T10 in a random battle.

It would only make sense if all players were only sailing the same ship !!

Teamwork:

You scold your team because, in your opinion, they are not playing the way you think they should be!

A team consists of 12 players! Ever got the idea that you are the outsider who doesn't want to fit into the team, who just wants to get his way.

I am well aware that 12 individualists are further away from a team than the sons are from earth!

There is only one real team in the game, namely the bot's in Co-oP!

Your greatest enemy at the moment is your excessive ambition due to lack of experience !!

You already want success that others have achieved with hard-earned experience in 5,000, 10,000 or 20,000 battles!

At the moment they are not even able to fully exploit the potential of the "Gneisenau" and are already planning their escape to the "Great Elector".

The few skirmishes with the "Gneisenau" and the successes achieved leave me with doubts that you have even remotely understood the game mechanics and all of the "trappings" and are able to implement them!

On this page you can learn almost everything, at least theoretically, that is relevant to WoWs!  https://wiki.wargaming.net/de/World_of_Warships

Even if you don't want to hear it, I like to repeat myself!

Learn how to handle the "Gneisenau".

Your most dangerous enemy at the moment is your lack of experience on / with the ship.
And this includes not only the pure game mechanics "like steering and shooting! Also, understanding of combat maps and your positioning of the Gneisenau on it, depending on the existing situation, the selection of the possible targets, reading the MiniMap, his opponent in general ( Armor, weak points, strengths, consumables, economy and a lot more).

Actually, you already know all this, it is all the more astonishing that the WR (only for the Gneisenau) turns out to be more modest.

In my opinion, it would make sense that you set yourself a goal. For example to increase the WR of the Gneisenau to 55% and to keep it and not only about 10-20 battles!

Then you are ready to "board" the next ship.

The experience gained on the Gneisenau can then be used on the next ship and new experience is added!

I generally don't care whether you take my advice and tips to heart or implement them!

"Anvil or Hammer" ?! The choice is yours what you will be in the future!

Kind regards

ok, thanks, the way I actually learned the mechanics was by reading the actual articles, I was a fan of this game  since a few years ago but i have just recently gotten the device to play it with, and honestly, I am learning from most mistakes, such as rushing in too early, showing broadside, etc, but now, my only true enemy is the matchmaking +-2 and camping, like i get thrown into tier 9 games roughly 80% of the time, i am coping better but i admittedly still need more practice, like you said

Players
9 posts
383 battles

furhermore, the camping meta is affecting me a lot, because when I try to push

or stay back a bit, some tier 9 bb will start nuking me and driving directly at me like for example, right now, I just had a game where i was following my team, then they either all ran or died, and I was alone vs 2 Pommerns, 1 Alaska, a dd that I couldn't see and whatever,  so it happened like this, I did 1 citadel hit on the Alaska, then started reversing, then the pommerns showed up and started broadsiding, so I took out about 20k of hp from each and then bow tanked as perfectly as possible, but, they could overmatch me, so I took some damage, I ended up with 63979 damage and then died it was 1v4. Any tips in these situations? Uptier to tier 9 is completely brutal and very bad for my stats.

Players
544 posts

ok, thanks, the way I actually learned the mechanics was by reading the actual articles, I was a fan of this game  since a few years ago but i have just recently gotten the device to play it with, and honestly, I am learning from most mistakes, such as rushing in too early, showing broadside, etc, but now, my only true enemy is the matchmaking +-2 and camping, like i get thrown into tier 9 games roughly 80% of the time, i am coping better but i admittedly still need more practice, like you said

Hello                                                          .....(Made with google translator) ...............

Read 10x doesn’t mean to have understood it once !!

Ah, if you achieve sporadic success, your Lenmathode will end in a fiasco! Lasting success will not materialize for a short time!

Reason:

1. The first 200 battles are a closed season in which you should learn the basic game mechanics. It makes sense in the Co-oP. They can put an end to the mistakes made there until they have understood and made better. You can also try out a lot where you simply run out of time in Random. Because trying this out brutally exploits your opponents against you.

This important learning phase, which you have simply skipped, will be an eternal burden that you will carry around with you and which will significantly hinder your progress.
You should let T6 and T7 rest for now and learn the basic terms (e.g .: ramming, holding in front of a range aircraft, angling when attacking an enemy, reading and evaluating the MiniMap,
 also what I aim at with the opponent, and a lot more) on the king in the Co-oP. You will be amazed how diverse playing the king in Co-oP can be. And you can learn a lot from it. And at least 30 battles !!
And then you go to the random and implement what you have learned in Co-oP with the König.

2. Drive Destroyer !! These are the main opponents of the BB's.
Learn the "nasties" a DD can be capable of.
This knowledge is very valuable if you want to drive a battleship.
With DD-driving you also learn to get a situation-conscious overview. The "things" are fast! After 60 seconds, the situation on the battlefield may have changed fundamentally.
The German T2-T4 DD's are mighty ships once you've learned it.
In my approx. 60 battles (T2-4) in the Co-oP I also competed in about 40 battles in "pink" !!
That too is an experience that everyone should have.

3. For the time being, play ships only up to T5! Namely destroyers, cruisers and battleships. You started with Germany and stay with Germany until the basics have been memorized.
So far you have wasted a lot of time doing things that are useless for a beginner!
You should have learned better and shouldn't have stupidly rushed into regions that you still have no idea about!

4. With the rewards and donations from flat shares to newcomers it is no problem min. Buy 1 captain for 1500 dub. So it can be shortened considerably to have a 10 ready for a ship immediately
All of this only under the condition that you have not wasted the "donations" pointless.

I have a second account.

769740218_C1.thumb.png.25e0e8d34e1d45563713303f63b352a6.png

649977895_C2.thumb.png.95f5868f430f722bf5b399f8da16d5db.png

Without spending a cent of "real money". ....................... The Charleston was given as a reward. She will probably never drive!
And that in the "puppy protection time" of 200 battles.

I need another 20 battles with the "König" before I go to random once.

Just to show you in front of your eyes what is possible with care and a little discipline.

You can still "get the corner" even though you have "wasted" a lot of time!

Think about it and draw the right conclusions from it.

My mission is over! What you make of it or not is no longer my problem!

Kind regards

Translated by Google

Addendum:

And if you want to try something, there is the "practice room".

[SHAFT]
Players
1,071 posts
23,063 battles
On 9/1/2020 at 5:42 PM, Verblonde said:

Haven't really noticed that in my manual secondary builds

Players
560 posts
3,540 battles

Depends what game mode you prefer to play I guess. If you're going for a secondary build I would be inclined to go with skills in this order as you get points.

1. Priority Target. (baww)

2. Adrenaline Rush. This isn't really anything much noticeable on the mains imo but it also increases slightly the reload times of your secondaries too which is the build so cumulatively with all those fast fire firing guns it's going to be worthwhile. You might notice from some battle reports anything from 200-400+ secondary strikes so brawling German BB is down some hp as it tends to be from brawling, you can do the math with an extra 5%+- worth of additional secondary strikes from that slightly increased reload. Not amazing, but better than the other 2 skill options for sure in regards this build.

3. Superintendent. One extra consumable of each, all good.

4. MFC. Yes, I would 100% get this skill first. You may have noticed that secondaries are not all that accurate by default. There is no point picking AFT first based on that fact, you will barely land a couple of shots with secondaries at that range without MFC so it's just a complete waste believe me. Higher tier German BB's(and some others) will already have very good range on their secondaries so you're most definitely going to want to focus on making those secondaries land shots instead of just spraying them all over the place which is exactly what happens without MFC unless you get to within really close quarters. Either way, AFT is going to be of no use without MFC. It's wayyyyyyyyyy better to get -60% dispersion with MFC and focus effective fire on one target, even if that means from a closer range initially without AFT. I can't stress this enough, AFT for +20% range is going to be totally useless without accuracy and all that will happen is you're going to have to get close to land shots same as before, in fact, you'll have to get even close than you would with standard secondary range with the MFC skill, thus a total waste of 4 skill points. 

So the above is an excellent start for a German secondary BB build with a 10 point commander just to set the ball rolling. Also don't forget to add signals to boost secondary range +5% more and reload time. Also pin some signals that increase fire starting chances if you have them. That's a lot of secondaries firing frequently so through sheer saturation those secondaries can and will start fires.

5. AFT. Now and ONLY now imo, do you go with this skill. At this point you have the MFC skill for -60% dispersion so those secondaries are going to be as accurate as they're going to get, significantly more accurate as the -60% dispersion would suggest, so at this point save 4 more skill points and pick the AFT which at this point is going to be really nice and actually makes sense now with the MFC skills. Now you most definitely will start to land shots from long range.

6. Preventative Maintenance. It's just one skill point but since this is a BB and if a German very possible has torps right? Well my Gneise and Odin have torps, the Bismarck doesn't. What I've found is that the torps get destroyed really easily from brawling and taking shots etc and it's not too uncommon to lose a main gun also. This skill reduces the chances of that happening by -30% and I've found losing torpedo tubes to be noticeably happening much less. Even though these are secondary builds, losing the main gun and torps is never cool. Torps are devastating weapons that can end a brawl instantly and cheaply requiring little to not skill while German mains tend to be pretty big calibers and certainly not something you would want knocked out of action. Just 1 skill point, I like it.

The above is what I would have for the next 5 skill points and at this stage a 15 point commander obviously. Things will start to slow down more and more after this. As you play and play and grind etc and unlock more skills you can lean more towards the traditional BB build skills which imho would be

in this order pretty much.

1. BFT. Again this is focusing on a pure secondary build and this skill reduces reload times of secs by 10%(and AA) so obviously that's going to be nice and instead of averaging lets say 300 sec his per battle its going to be 330 based on that logic and of course, will work with your adrenaline rush skill too. 

This would take you to 18 skill points obviously, or 17 if you don't go with the PM skill so you're only going to have 1 or 2 more skill points left after that. 

Again, this all depends on the specific ship, commander(some have special bonuses worth going with) build, style and game mode so a few of those skills can be sacrificed for something more beneficial to the that scenario but for a secondary build generally the first 14-15 point choice would remain the same regardless imho.

Players
544 posts
Vor 46 Minuten, Sir_Sinksalot sagte:

This would take you to 18 skill points obviously, or 17 if you don't go with the PM skill so you're only going to have 1 or 2 more skill points left after that. 

Hello,

You have to be a "super-super-unique" if you have managed to get a 19 captain in around 150 battles!

Especially since he has already stated that he did not buy a 10 for 1500 Dub!

Kind regards

(made with google translator)

Players
560 posts
3,540 battles
12 minutes ago, phambili said:

Hello,

You have to be a "super-super-unique" if you have managed to get a 19 captain in around 150 battles!

Especially since he has already stated that he did not buy a 10 for 1500 Dub!

Kind regards

(made with google translator)

Hence why I gave a break down of the first 10 points you numpty. The rest, if you have the capacity to read which you clearly don't, was in regards to skills as he moves forwards and gains more. Now either learn to read or go back to sleep instead of cutting in with a misplaced silly comment, there's a good lad. 

Kind regards.