Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
matia251

WG matchmaking paradox

22 comments in this topic

[GATOI]
Players
61 posts
29,434 battles

From a recent interview with WG CEO

Kislyi:  For me, World of Tanks, it’s like playing a game of Ping-Pong. I like Ping-Pong very much. I grab a guy who’s about at my level, we go back and forth for 10 minutes, we sweat a little, we do some trick shots. That’s how I choose to play Tanks.

So dear WG your CEO understands that the concept of matchmaking is based on the basic logic of "grab a guy who’s about at my level"........ even if he is talking about WoT i guess its the same for WoW too. So why dont this approach apply to the game itself? What is going to be done about the abomination you created the last months where high tier battles are worse than co-op? Servers are over 60-70% filled with inexperienced players having T9-T10 at their possesion, why you force me or anybody else with such a huge gap of experience to participate in a game and waste my precious time by degrading the gaming experience to such a low level that co-op seems to be more fun?  Your own CEO who admittedly knows 110% what he is doing cant avoid this simple human logic when refering to match making, why your developers practice the EXACT opposite and degrade this game to a mindless, stupid facebook game? With these methods you are insulting human intelligence, you are insulting me personally, my personal time spent here. In terms of experience, STOP putting 5 year olds in the same arena with adults , its degrading, its humiliating, its totaly ABSURD.

• Boring 2

[GATOI]
Players
61 posts
29,434 battles

Thanks for your answer bot but its clueless as most of your answers are. Your constant erratic behavior is insulting this forum's ability to communicate by the way. I expect an answer from an actual thinking human being who belongs to WG team.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[CATS]
Players
30,129 posts
15,452 battles
3 minutes ago, matia251 said:

Thanks for your answer bot but its clueless as most of your answers are. Your constant erratic behavior is insulting this forum's ability to communicate by the way. I expect an answer from an actual thinking human being who belongs to WG team.

Maybe you should look up what erratic means.

[GATOI]
Players
61 posts
29,434 battles

"A mental patient who behaves in a wildly unpredictable manner, happy and kind one minute and angry and shouting the next, is an example of someone with erratic behavior" Happy now? 

Now please stop answering and destroying my topic as you do with each and every topic in this forum. Just STOP it and allow for conversation, this is a serious observation made over WG CEO own words, he is the leader of this company and its games and his point on matchmaking is quite eye-opening. Dont reduce everyone's opinion to a silly back and forth  answer marathon with no actual value, just SHOOSH

[-RDE-]
Players
343 posts
28,201 battles
14 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The games are not 1v1.

The teams are on average on a similar level.

if that was the case 90% of my games of late wouldn't be like this or worse. this game lasted 10 mins..  are dessy pushed up the middle and died within 2 mins  plus others dead shortly after....

1.JPG

[CATS]
Players
30,129 posts
15,452 battles
1 minute ago, matia251 said:

"A mental patient who behaves in a wildly unpredictable manner, happy and kind one minute and angry and shouting the next, is an example of someone with erratic behavior" Happy now? 

Now please stop answering and destroying my topic as you do with each and every topic in this forum. Just STOP it and allow for conversation, this is a serious observation made over WG CEO own words, he is the leader of this company and its games and his point on matchmaking is quite eye-opening. Dont reduce everyone's opinion to a silly back and forth  answer marathon with no actual value, just SHOOSH

Where did you see me shouting and angry?

Oh, no worry. You destroyed the topic with your second post :cap_like:

[OCTO]
Players
1,247 posts
29,576 battles
20 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The games are not 1v1.

The teams are on average on a similar level.

No, they are not. 

• Cool 1

[LUZ1]
Players
1,237 posts
14,091 battles
2 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

No, they are not. 

Statistically they are, yes, on average.

The problem is the variance is too large, so you have too many unbalanced games.

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

MM has improved, slightly. However covid and the massive intake of noobs has not helped, ANOTHER WG failing ; noobs/training,  As a primarily T8-10 player both issues remain a constant frustration, it’s strange that in a T8 cruiser I spend most of my time against T10’s and yet when I’m playing Yammy Or Gk all I see is T10’s.

Roflstomps are far more common now and the usual runs continue, no matter how well you play; 6 wins today, 6 losses tomorrow, RNG and the suddenly unexplained erratic ping rates at critical time’s don’t help.

I’ll say it again (for the thousandth time), drop MM to +/- 1.   WG could do that quickly and with zero effort, but they won’t.

BTW this will be closed by a mod as there’s a dedicated MM thread, as good as that thread does 🤔.

[BOATY]
Players
133 posts

Its a free game that is all about the money nothing else. 

WG couldn't really give a furry Rats behind what you want as their new demographic is kids with pissed off parents who want a few hours peace and quiet and will pay for that.

There is a reason why every new premium ship coming out requires less and less skill to play well and that is so kids will continue to purchase them.

WG could solve your gripe instantly by allowing division sizes up to 12 players thus allowing players to play with who they want but as that will harm their sales there is no way in hell that will happen.

[OCTO]
Players
1,247 posts
29,576 battles
35 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

Statistically they are, yes, on average.

The problem is the variance is too large, so you have too many unbalanced games.

Agreed, over a long period of time, statistically, they are.

But that is not what he said:  "The teams are on average on a similar level."  When you look per game, the teams are not "on average" on a similar level. Otherwise, ROFLSTOMP wouldn't occur. You often get 4-5% WR variance in teams. More common is 2-3% which in this game is not exactly a similar level... 

[STEEL]
Players
661 posts

The MM throws ships, which are quite often not even balanced towards their own tiers, from up to 3 tiers into a match with teams consisting of a random assembly of players with individual skill and experience levels ranging from none to excellent. There is nothing average about this. Not even the disparity within one team is on average the same as within the other. Fortunately, there are other game modes.

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
743 posts
13,250 battles
6 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Otherwise, ROFLSTOMP wouldn't occur. 

They would occur for other reason (only DD AFK, etc.) 

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
30,129 posts
15,452 battles
13 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

But that is not what he said:

But that is what I said.

And skill differences are not the only cause for stomps.

[GATOI]
Players
61 posts
29,434 battles

59 minutes ago, humpty_1 said:

if that was the case 90% of my games of late wouldn't be like this or worse. this game lasted 10 mins..  are dessy pushed up the middle and died within 2 mins  plus others dead shortly after....

1.JPG

Yup, this is the abomination this game has turned to, T10 "co-op" like matches. By doing the +1/-1 matchmaking wont change that, especially with T10 only matches the problem is more evident than ever. And this is not another matchmaking topic, i know there is a dedicated one. I opened it BECAUSE the CEO of WG mentioned to a very recent interview that his approach to this game is one which WG actually DOES NOT DO AT ALL...

" I grab a guy who’s about at my level, "....HOW can we actually do this so we can ENJOY this "hobby" thats called WoWs?  This is my question, i am following up on Wargaming's CEO OWN WORDS FOR SANITY'S SAKE...

[OCTO]
Players
1,247 posts
29,576 battles
12 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

But that is what I said.

And skill differences are not the only cause for stomps.

No, you didn't. The "Team" has a context only within one "Game". 

In one game, teams are NEVER at the same level and difference varies from less than 1% to more than 6%. 

That being said, over a long period of time, you should be in equally good teams. Or should I say, in case of WoWs, in equally bad teams .... :Smile_trollface:

Alpha Tester
584 posts
11,242 battles
1 hour ago, humpty_1 said:

1.JPG

Well, you are part of the problem when it comes to winning or loosing your matches. You have to rely on your team to win for you more then you help it to win. Almost every ship you play is performing below average or worse - thats on your part, not on the team. So please, IF you want to discuss about MM you should better start watching yourself first before blaming your teams.

[CATS]
Players
30,129 posts
15,452 battles

8 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

No, you didn't. The "Team" has a context only within one "Game". 

In one game, teams are NEVER at the same level and difference varies from less than 1% to more than 6%. 

That being said, over a long period of time, you should be in equally good teams. Or should I say, in case of WoWs, in equally bad teams .... :Smile_trollface:

You are contradicting yourself.

• Funny 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,453 posts
12,583 battles

Hello, 

Please use the MM topic for general MM related discussions. 

This topic will be locked.